follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 08-17-2020, 11:08 PM   #1
MangoFRS

Drives: 2015 FR-S RS1.0 #999/1500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SOLD/Please delete; OFT v2 *Married*

**PRICE CHANGE** Selling for $165. Perfect Condition; no cracks, dents, or scratches. Buyer pays shipping, but willing to meet relatively nearby (Central Florida)
Attached Images

Last edited by MangoFRS; 09-06-2020 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 08-18-2020, 01:40 PM   #2
waifu_zn6

Drives: 2015
Garage
theres no way for you to "unmarry" it?
Old 08-18-2020, 01:58 PM   #3
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waifu_zn6 View Post
If your tablet is still unusable for the reason(s) above, you may be eligible to take advantage of our exchange program. Our exchange program will deduct $249 from the cost of a replacement OFT for your vehicle/bike.

The way it works is as follows:

We'll provide you with an RMA number (via email) to send in with your return hardware.
You mail us your tablet with the RMA written on the package, and include your printed RMA email packaged inside the box.
When we receive the tablet, we will verify it is in exchangeable condition and not (otherwise) broken or damaged.
We will forward you a coupon code to purchase a new OFT from our web-store with a discount of $249 from the original price.
After receipt of your payment, we will ship you your brand new OFT.

So long as there is no physical damage to the OFT hardware, it may be eligible.

A brand new OFT is 499$ + shipping / taxes, you buy this for 190$ + shipping, ship it to OFT wait a few weeks for the RMA to process hope you get approved and then get 250$ off a new OFT for 499$ + shipping / taxes so essentially get a new OFT for 440$ + whatever shipping and taxes are involved probably end up spending 500$+ total.
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
DaveFTW (09-03-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 04:30 PM   #4
Th3rdSun

Drives: 2013 FR-S MT Hot Lava
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post

A brand new OFT is 499$ + shipping / taxes, you buy this for 190$ + shipping, ship it to OFT wait a few weeks for the RMA to process hope you get approved and then get 250$ off a new OFT for 499$ + shipping / taxes so essentially get a new OFT for 440$ + whatever shipping and taxes are involved probably end up spending 500$+ total.
I just did the math,and for me,it pretty much comes out to $518.13,and that included all the shipping and sales tax. If I bought it new,it would probably be around $555,with taxes and shipping. While that is a decent savings,the hassle of potentially waiting weeks to get the tablet back is a definite consideration.
The Following User Says Thank You to Th3rdSun For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (08-18-2020)
Old 08-19-2020, 01:12 PM   #5
MangoFRS

Quote:
If your tablet is still unusable for the reason(s) above, you may be eligible to take advantage of our exchange program. Our exchange program will deduct $249 from the cost of a replacement OFT for your vehicle/bike.

We'll provide you with an RMA number (via email) to send in with your return hardware.
You mail us your tablet with the RMA written on the package, and include your printed RMA email packaged inside the box.
When we receive the tablet, we will verify it is in exchangeable condition and not (otherwise) broken or damaged.
We will forward you a coupon code to purchase a new OFT from our web-store with a discount of $249 from the original price.

Thank you for your input, I have adjusted the price accordingly. Do you work with OpenFlash?
Old 08-19-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
MangoFRS

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waifu_zn6 View Post
Unfortunately no, I bought it under the impression it was unmarried, and when I realized it wasn't, i was already blocked & ghosted lol
Old 08-19-2020, 02:05 PM   #7
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoFRS View Post
Thank you for your input, I have adjusted the price accordingly. Do you work with OpenFlash?
Nope. I had an OFT and a custom E-tune from them but have since switched to ecutek. Zero affiliation with them. Just copy and pasted the info from their website.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:35 PM   #8
Th3rdSun

Drives: 2013 FR-S MT Hot Lava
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoFRS View Post
Unfortunately no, I bought it under the impression it was unmarried, and when I realized it wasn't, i was already blocked & ghosted lol
Sorry you got burned. This is why I posted a long story about my unfortunate experience. Lucky for me,the seller was ultra cool. He didn't deliberately try to sell me a married tablet. We've deduced that maybe there was just a glitch when he tried to unmarry it,causing it to be useless to me.

I've suggested that anyone that's selling an OFT V2,dont' just take pictures of empty tune slots. Probably the most important thing is that in the tablet menu,there's a sub-menu that says:ECU Type,Harware Number,Calibration Code,VIN/SN,and Additional Info. If you see a VIN in that menu,then it will not work and you will not be able to marry it to your car no matter what anything else says. Even if tunes are deleted,it is still married the car with whatever VIN is in the display.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:34 PM   #9
Plumbus
Seņor Member

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3rdSun View Post
Sorry you got burned. This is why I posted a long story about my unfortunate experience. Lucky for me,the seller was ultra cool. He didn't deliberately try to sell me a married tablet. We've deduced that maybe there was just a glitch when he tried to unmarry it,causing it to be useless to me.

I've suggested that anyone that's selling an OFT V2,dont' just take pictures of empty tune slots. Probably the most important thing is that in the tablet menu,there's a sub-menu that says:ECU Type,Harware Number,Calibration Code,VIN/SN,and Additional Info. If you see a VIN in that menu,then it will not work and you will not be able to marry it to your car no matter what anything else says. Even if tunes are deleted,it is still married the car with whatever VIN is in the display.
That is some terrible programming man. A $550 piece of perfectly fine hardware ruined by crappy software.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:37 PM   #10
MangoFRS

*Bump*

Closed Thread

Tags
oft, open flash tablet, openflash, openflash tablet, openflashtablet