follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86


User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
martinEZ
Member
 
martinEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 97
Thanks: 44
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gripe over our forum's "Edition Registry"

So what is the point of having all these registries for Monogram, RS 1.0, and Blue series 86's?


No one did this when there was just premium and limited versions of the BRZ, and seeing as how all of these editions are cosmetic packages, void of performance differences, what is the benefit to the community?


Correct me if I'm misspoken, but from the outside looking in it just looks like bunch of people gloating about spending more money on something that doesn't make a difference at the line.


MAYBE there is a purpose for Rocket Bunny Registry in terms of product verification, but that problem shouldn't exist from the dealership.


TLDR; Do Registries serve a benefit to the FT86 community, or are they just gloat-factories?


Standing by to be advised...
martinEZ is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martinEZ For This Useful Post:
86-tundra (10-12-2014), clayrush (10-14-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
ScorpionOzzy
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Miami
Posts: 87
Thanks: 11
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinEZ View Post
So what is the point of having all these registries for Monogram, RS 1.0, and Blue series 86's?


No one did this when there was just premium and limited versions of the BRZ, and seeing as how all of these editions are cosmetic packages, void of performance differences, what is the benefit to the community?


Correct me if I'm misspoken, but from the outside looking in it just looks like bunch of people gloating about spending more money on something that doesn't make a difference at the line.


MAYBE there is a purpose for Rocket Bunny Registry in terms of product verification, but that problem shouldn't exist from the dealership.


TLDR; Do Registries serve a benefit to the FT86 community, or are they just gloat-factories?


Standing by to be advised...
They're limited edition cars. The Subaru premium and limited is just a trim level. The RS1.0, 10 series, and blue edition are actual limited production cars. It's not about gloating that they paid more for the same car. It's actually pretty neat to know where these cars went, and in a decade have a way of knowing how many are left when they get wrecked or whatever it may be.
ScorpionOzzy is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScorpionOzzy For This Useful Post:
8R6 (10-14-2014), Gillams (10-15-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Ammonia
Senior Member
 
Ammonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 918
Thanks: 1,440
Thanked 567 Times in 289 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionOzzy View Post
They're limited edition cars. The Subaru premium and limited is just a trim level. The RS1.0, 10 series, and blue edition are actual limited production cars. It's not about gloating that they paid more for the same car. It's actually pretty neat to know where these cars went, and in a decade have a way of knowing how many are left.


^This


Doesn't subaru have a limited make BRZ? Like the blue edition or something?
__________________
boooooooooooooooooost
Ammonia is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
Tcoat
No I don't race or speed
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 66,893
Thanks: 59,236
Thanked 101,703 Times in 44,064 Posts
Mentioned: 2417 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
The registries were just done by members so if you want start one for whatever special features you desire
Maybe I will start one for hat lava cars with TRD parts as it is special to me and I want to communicate with others that have the same thing.
Don't think anybody is "gloating". Maybe you just wish you had one.
This is one of the silliest threads I have ever seen started.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (10-11-2014), Dadhawk (10-12-2014), Rapiddan45 (10-11-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
martinEZ
Member
 
martinEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 97
Thanks: 44
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Maybe you just wish you had one.
This is one of the silliest threads I have ever seen started.


Your literary analysis skill need work...


Asking to be corrected if i misspoke and saying "from the outside looking in" are not intrinsically envious statements.


I find it even more silly that you were incapable of just giving an answer instead of defaulting to subtle insults.
martinEZ is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to martinEZ For This Useful Post:
clayrush (10-14-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
civdaddy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: Slow
Location: U.S.
Posts: 261
Thanks: 48
Thanked 134 Times in 68 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think it's cool to see how many of the actual owners are members of this forum.
civdaddy is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Tcoat
No I don't race or speed
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 66,893
Thanks: 59,236
Thanked 101,703 Times in 44,064 Posts
Mentioned: 2417 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinEZ View Post
Your literary analysis skill need work...


Asking to be corrected if i misspoke and saying "from the outside looking in" are not intrinsically envious statements.


I find it even more silly that you were incapable of just giving an answer instead of defaulting to subtle insults.
Can get much more unsubtle if you like
YOU pompous ass!
You feel you can question the "value" of some threads by posting one of the most valueless ones I have seen. Then you feel you can talk down to me when you don't like what I have to say?

I am gonna have a blast watching you on here!
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.

Last edited by Tcoat; 10-11-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Tcoat is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #8
ericmpena
Senior Member
 
ericmpena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,281
Thanks: 966
Thanked 537 Times in 319 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
This forum is such a waste. I remember when it used to be filled with useful information. Now that more people have found their way onto here it's just another Internet troll station where users are being disrespectful to others and then crying when people are disrespectful back to them.

About to remove this site from my bookmarks.
__________________
ericmpena is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ericmpena For This Useful Post:
clayrush (10-14-2014), funwheeldrive (10-14-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #9
Tcoat
No I don't race or speed
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 66,893
Thanks: 59,236
Thanked 101,703 Times in 44,064 Posts
Mentioned: 2417 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmpena View Post
This forum is such a waste. I remember when it used to be filled with useful information. Now that more people have found their way onto here it's just another Internet troll station where users are being disrespectful to others and then crying when people are disrespectful back to them.

About to remove this site from my bookmarks.
Nobody trolling here! An opinion was asked, one was given that went against the first and OP decided he didn't like it and lashed out.
Still loads of good info here if you can wade through the self proclaimed experts and holier than thou pontiffs.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having some fun as well as it can be a social media as well as a technical one.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #10
VacantSky
The Angry Brit
 
VacantSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 1991 E30 318iS
Location: NM
Posts: 424
Thanks: 148
Thanked 361 Times in 155 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm gonna start a firestorm on gold rpf1 registry...
VacantSky is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #11
martinEZ
Member
 
martinEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 97
Thanks: 44
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What you call pompous I call being direct.

In your haste to talk shit, you've missed how I don't dispute your points about networking and such as I agree that those are genuinely valid interests and beneficial to the community.

Statements implying I'm jealous are you just trying to come at me on a personal level. So yea, I'm gonna say something.

I asked for clarification on the registries' usefulness, and shared what I though it looked like from an outside perspective. So thanks to those who gave answers, I never thought of keeping record of these limited edition cars as beneficial until you few gentleman came along.
martinEZ is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to martinEZ For This Useful Post:
clayrush (10-14-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #12
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat
 
chaoskaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: CWP S.B.
Location: LasVegas
Posts: 3,009
Thanks: 4,679
Thanked 1,285 Times in 865 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Op, I think you care too much about meaningless shit that most ppl dont really give a damn about. Live and let live
chaoskaze is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaoskaze For This Useful Post:
ericmpena (10-12-2014), Tcoat (10-11-2014), van_fc3s (10-12-2014)
Old 10-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #13
Tcoat
No I don't race or speed
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 66,893
Thanks: 59,236
Thanked 101,703 Times in 44,064 Posts
Mentioned: 2417 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinEZ View Post
What you call pompous I call being direct.

In your haste to talk shit, you've missed how I don't dispute your points about networking and such as I agree that those are genuinely valid interests and beneficial to the community.

Statements implying I'm jealous are you just trying to come at me on a personal level. So yea, I'm gonna say something.

I asked for clarification on the registries' usefulness, and shared what I though it looked like from an outside perspective. So thanks to those who gave answers, I never thought of keeping record of these limited edition cars as beneficial until you few gentleman came along.
You were not trying to clarify anything just looking for support on your own point view and didn't get it so got pissy.
You say being direct (when it is you) is ok but when anybody else is they are wrong.
You preach value to the community while slaming the registries in a valueless post.

But I am wrong.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline  
Old 10-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #14
Veloist
Senior Member
 
Veloist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 22 GR86, '93 MR2, 21 TCHB
Location: N. California
Posts: 1,506
Thanks: 684
Thanked 1,644 Times in 654 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It started with the first 86 registry. I also agree that's it is a compelling bookkeeping on the limited edition cars. It shows how many members on the forum bought one
__________________
Veloist is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veloist For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-12-2014), Tcoat (10-11-2014)
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NASA PW event with fellow forum member "rice_classic" - 2014-7-19 glamcem Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 19 08-22-2014 04:58 AM
Forum Suggestion: A "Private" racing section MrSlay Site Announcements / Questions / Issues 31 09-10-2013 01:57 AM
USDM "TOM'S Style" Special Edition Tail Lights (DOT/SAE Approved) --- Pre Order 86_ZN6 Exterior Parts - Lighting 248 08-15-2013 11:13 PM
Why does this forum clear my "unread" on different devices? mike_ekim1024 Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1 04-28-2013 09:31 PM
NEW Volk Racing TE37SL "Black Edition" Different finish, same low price! Speed Element Wheels and Tires 19 07-19-2012 02:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.