follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-04-2014, 12:38 AM   #29
ChandlerSwyng

Drives: 2013 Red Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So do these work with any strut bar?
ChandlerSwyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:30 AM   #30
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frs10 View Post
make a strut bar too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceseng View Post
In the works!!
Think of us Innovate guys!! Please.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dustin For This Useful Post:
Ethan (07-04-2014)
Old 07-04-2014, 02:14 AM   #31
Boxer486
Banned

Drives: small
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Pretty. Too bad no triangulation or boxing for that kind of money. Eyecandy>Engineering I suppose.
Boxer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #32
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer486 View Post
Pretty. Too bad no triangulation or boxing for that kind of money. Eyecandy>Engineering I suppose.
How much "improvement" are you actually expecting from any of these bar designs? I've switched to aftermarket bars and any improvement, if any, is hardly noticeable. There are plenty of other options to take if you want noticeable handling upgrades.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #33
Boxer486
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
How much "improvement" are you actually expecting from any of these bar designs? I've switched to aftermarket bars and any improvement, if any, is hardly noticeable. There are plenty of other options to take if you want noticeable handling upgrades.
Pft, my Hotchkiss (FRS) and Carbing bars (MR-S) are pretty darned noticeable. Maybe you bought poorly designed bars. So what bars did you buy exactly? I noticed from your build thread, which has some coold elements btw, that the Hachirokus are using hinged and bolted multi element strut bars. Yeah, hardly ideal so I can see why you'd say it's hardly noticeable.

Hell, you only have to study basic engineering 101 to understand the difference between a fully boxed or triangular design versus one that is neither.

Your argument reminds of the trolls that say they can't notice the difference between a 3lb battery versus a 30lbs one, or removing the rear spare and tools, or that people looking to reduce unsprung weight should save money and go on a diet. If that is the kind of argument you happen to be prone to make, I'd rather you keep such nonsensical comments to yourself personally. I don't know for sure if that's where you were going with that so no offense.

This is a chassis bar thread, don't turn it into something else like a suspension thread. If you want to stiffen the chassis, there are no other options other than bracing and welds, period. If you don't want to, then why would anybody be in this thread?

Last edited by Boxer486; 07-04-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:14 AM   #34
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Quote:
Pft, my Hotchkiss (FRS) and Carbing bars (MR-S) are pretty darned noticeable. Maybe you bought poorly designed bars. So what bars did you buy exactly? I noticed from your build thread, which has some coold elements btw, that the Hachirokus are using hinged and bolted multi element strut bars. Yeah, hardly ideal so I can see why you'd say it's hardly noticeable.

Hell, you only have to study basic engineering 101 to understand the difference between a fully boxed or triangular design versus one that is neither.

Your argument reminds of the trolls that say they can't notice the difference between a 3lb battery versus a 30lbs one, or removing the rear spare and tools, or that people looking to reduce unsprung weight should save money and go on a diet. If that is the kind of argument you happen to be prone to make, I'd rather you keep such nonsensical comments to yourself personally. I don't know for sure if that's where you were going with that so no offense.

This is a chassis bar thread, don't turn it into something else like a suspension thread. If you want to stiffen the chassis, there are no other options other than bracing and welds, period. If you don't want to, then why would anybody be in this thread?
I made no argument. I just think your expectations are a bit high for a set of lateral bars. You said you looked at my build thread, but obviously you didn't take care to read any of it. In there is says which lateral bars I have. Also neither of the old corollas are mine, so saying you see why I would say it is hardly noticeable is a poor assumption. I never said "suspension" either, I said handling. Most forms of chassis stiffening are to improve handling. You seem the type to make a lot of poor assumptions. Where did this unsprung weight bs come from? When did this become a weight reduction thread. Oh and BTW, I have removed my spare and tools. With all of the analogies and comparisons you've thrown out there, the only one who seems to turn this thread into something else is you. How about you keep the nonsensical comments to yourself?
Old 07-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #35
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,362 Times in 4,132 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude View Post
Didn't actually read the thread...but the title said "STIFF" haahahahah
I nearly wet myself laughing when I saw that. I had trouble explaining that to the wife!!
In before you get banned. See you in a month.

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
Karigan (07-05-2014), ZionsWrath (07-05-2014)
Old 07-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #36
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
I nearly wet myself laughing when I saw that. I had trouble explaining that to the wife!!
In before you get banned. See you in a month.
Strong avatar to thread contents ration
Old 07-05-2014, 05:57 AM   #37
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,362 Times in 4,132 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
Strong avatar to thread contents ratio
Lol
Oh the thoughts that went through my head with what I could have done in MS Paint!!

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
Karigan (07-05-2014), ZionsWrath (07-05-2014)
Old 07-05-2014, 05:59 AM   #38
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Lol
Oh the thoughts that went through my head with what I could have done in MS Paint!!
What's stopping you?

Don't want to open that can of... ****?
Old 07-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #39
Boxer486
Banned

Quote:
I made no argument. I just think your expectations are a bit high for a set of lateral bars. You said you looked at my build thread, but obviously you didn't take care to read any of it. In there is says which lateral bars I have. Also neither of the old corollas are mine, so saying you see why I would say it is hardly noticeable is a poor assumption. I never said "suspension" either, I said handling. Most forms of chassis stiffening are to improve handling. You seem the type to make a lot of poor assumptions. Where did this unsprung weight bs come from? When did this become a weight reduction thread. Oh and BTW, I have removed my spare and tools. With all of the analogies and comparisons you've thrown out there, the only one who seems to turn this thread into something else is you. How about you keep the nonsensical comments to yourself?
Right. So you want to have your cake and eat it too by acknowledging bracing stiffens the chassis to improve handling but that chassis bracing has little impact on handling at the same time. Got it. Thx for help, really useful....as if I was asking for it in the first place. Talk about presumptuous. Let us know when you have something constructive to offer on the thread topic. Cause all I see IS nonsense from you so far, no presumption needed. Just reading.

Btw, I don't have expectations, I have experience. Read the posts ffs.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #40
Dustin
Twin Screw You

K
Old 07-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #41
jonbonazza

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Right. So you want to have your cake and eat it too by acknowledging bracing stiffens the chassis to improve handling but that chassis bracing has little impact on handling at the same time. Got it. Thx for help, really useful....as if I was asking for it in the first place. Talk about presumptuous. Let us know when you have something constructive to offer on the thread topic. Cause all I see IS nonsense from you so far, no presumption needed. Just reading.

Btw, I don't have expectations, I have experience. Read the posts ffs.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9w"]Peter Griffin Who The Hell Cares? - YouTube[/ame]
jonbonazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonbonazza For This Useful Post:
Dustin (07-05-2014), Hyper4mance2k (06-04-2015), longhornjoe (07-06-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #42
Mad1723

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Any news on the strut tower brace? I'd love to buy a combo, because these arms are gorgeous!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Mad1723 is offline   Reply With Quote