follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #1
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Flex Fuel Codes and Questions

Figured I'd hop on here to get some information and learn a little about what's going on.

Got a rear O2 flex fuel kit from Xero-Limit (Moto-East) and followed their instructions as well as their video on the installation.

The most confusing part to me for some reason was the rear O2 connection, as I had no idea where to do that and the video didn't make it super clear. But I believe I chose the right port shown in this image (the left one): https://d17kynu4zpq5hy.cloudfront.ne...kCIgdcwA.large

This leaves the other O2 connector hanging around. Nothing is mentioned about this in any instructions or most videos that I found. I found one where it was mentioned to just zip tie the original connector safely to the side, so I did.

Flashed the flex fuel tune my tuner gave me and followed the steps of warm up and test drive and WOT once everything was ready to go. Drove the car for about 30 mins and it was driving perfectly, still on 93 octane. Pulled over to the store for a second and when I came back and started it up, the car gave me two codes.

P2270
P0138

I am aware that this is likely something to do with that O2 connector. My question is, is this a fault in the tune or did I do something wrong or plug it into the wrong spot? This was my only area of confusion, so I want to clarify first that I didn't mess something up.

Car still drives perfectly by the way, but I drove it right home after that engine light and hopped in my beater car just to be safe.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #2
BRZoomTX

Drives: '13 BRZ
Your tuner needs to disable both of these codes. These and all other “bank 1 sensor 2” codes need to be disabled when using rear O2 as an input.

Checkboxes in the DTC list, no big deal. Leave it parked until fixed to be safe. It’s not good to let the ecu throw codes/apply possible corrections using a bad input.
Dzmitry (05-04-2021), tomm.brz (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 02:42 PM   #3
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZoomTX View Post
Your tuner needs to disable both of these codes. These and all other “bank 1 sensor 2” codes need to be disabled when using rear O2 as an input.

Checkboxes in the DTC list, no big deal. Leave it parked until fixed to be safe. It’s not good to let the ecu throw codes/apply possible corrections using a bad input.
Good to hear that it shouldn't be an error on my end. Thanks for that!
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dzmitry For This Useful Post:
BRZoomTX (05-05-2021)