follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2021, 12:42 PM   #15
Limitless_BRZ

Drives: Crystal White BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZoomTX View Post
The log itself is definitely missing all important parameters except AFR, and overall is rather useless for debugging. Yes EcuTek app logs fine, but as mentioned you must select additional parameters for this to be a useful log.

Be sure at minimum to add Engine RPM, LTFT, STFT, fuel system status, and Commanded AFR. These will serve best to tell you as an end user what is going on when looking at the log. The rest of the information wont mean much to you, but they mean a lot for tuning, so the more parameters you log the better someone here can assist.

Generally, the ProECU Desktop defaults are good parameters. Match these in your app if that is what you are using to log.

On the issue itself, total fuel trims beyond 20% either direction is not good, but it is also somewhat expected if you have a only a single Flash and Go iteration. Generally these are best to get the car moving but are not ideal under hard driving. I definitely strongly recommend working on more tune iterations because the car is very far off right now based on your screenshots.

Also FWIW, LTFT and STFT dropping to zero is normal when you give it enough throttle for the ECU to switch to open loop (fuel system status 4). Most tuners especially for FI will disable LTFT in open loop. Ensure you log Fuel System Status, once you see it switch to 4 the car is in open loop mode. You then want to look for the Actual AFR to follow the Commanded AFR. Ideally connect and log output of a wideband but it is not required.

Since your closed loop fuel trims are so far off, I would expect your fueling in open loop to also be off. They at least have it on the richer side vs leaner side (more safe), but it is worth observing open loop operation to make sure you are not excessively rich as this can also cause its own set of problems.

Got it sorted out for the most part, now just need a 3" overpipe all the way back to exhaust or a 3" tapered to a 2.5", my current set up JDL 3" dp connects to a 2.5" OP and has a hard change at the flange so its restricting air flow
Limitless_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:21 PM   #16
Limitless_BRZ

https://datazap.me/u/limitlessbrz/wo...ta=13-14-15-30

Uploaded a WOT 3rd gear log, We think that the 3" downpipe sharp change to 2.5" Op is hurting air flowing causing the ECU to pull timing
Old 04-30-2021, 09:26 PM   #17
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,059 Times in 769 Posts
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
well you should try to have a less atrocious airflow scaling and tune overall, since the ecu is constantly pulling out fuel while you WOT with boost

From the whole I see there i would say
Change tuner lol
but you won't do it and we can't help anyway because only your tuner can modify it
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
BRZoomTX (05-01-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 10:15 PM   #18
Limitless_BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
well you should try to have a less atrocious airflow scaling and tune overall, since the ecu is constantly pulling out fuel while you WOT with boost

From the whole I see there i would say
Change tuner lol
but you won't do it and we can't help anyway because only your tuner can modify it
It’s through delicious tuning, their good. gonna see what happens with the 3” turbo back exhaust
Old 05-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #19
BRZoomTX

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless_BRZ View Post
It’s through delicious tuning, their good. gonna see what happens with the 3” turbo back exhaust
My own personal opinion about Delicious aside, the current tune is not dialed in well as already mentioned. Adding a 3" turbo-back wont fix the issue you're having here. Your 2.5" will easily flow enough air for your current boost level.

Before your pull your LTFT is near 20% indicating idle and cruise MAF scaling is not dialed in well. During the pull, you start rich then lean out on the top end, it swings from ~4% too rich to ~5% lean; nearly a 10% variation in fueling during your pull. Your MAF g/s curve is also bumpy, especially on the top end, and contributes to why your fueling is off.

Your tuner [Delicious] should have you do much more low end MAF scaling before having you do these pulls. The car does not look ready to be driven hard yet. Just my $0.02.

Your current MAF scaling will be causing more of an effect on your drivability than your 2.5" overpipe. You can run a stock catback on a turbo and not suffer from such issues. You won't make the best power but you shouldn't feel anything along the level of thinking the car is pulling timing.

Regarding timing, you are actually running a couple degrees more on the top end than the low end, so over time it is adding timing, not taking it out. You did have knock event early in the pull but IAM remained 1. Delicious will want to look at that area but please have them address your MAF scaling first.
DarkPira7e (05-04-2021), Limitless_BRZ (05-01-2021), tomm.brz (05-01-2021)
Old 05-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #20
Limitless_BRZ

Quote:
My own personal opinion about Delicious aside, the current tune is not dialed in well as already mentioned. Adding a 3" turbo-back wont fix the issue you're having here. Your 2.5" will easily flow enough air for your current boost level.

Before your pull your LTFT is near 20% indicating idle and cruise MAF scaling is not dialed in well. During the pull, you start rich then lean out on the top end, it swings from ~4% too rich to ~5% lean; nearly a 10% variation in fueling during your pull. Your MAF g/s curve is also bumpy, especially on the top end, and contributes to why your fueling is off.

Your tuner [Delicious] should have you do much more low end MAF scaling before having you do these pulls. The car does not look ready to be driven hard yet. Just my $0.02.

Your current MAF scaling will be causing more of an effect on your drivability than your 2.5" overpipe. You can run a stock catback on a turbo and not suffer from such issues. You won't make the best power but you shouldn't feel anything along the level of thinking the car is pulling timing.

Regarding timing, you are actually running a couple degrees more on the top end than the low end, so over time it is adding timing, not taking it out. You did have knock event early in the pull but IAM remained 1. Delicious will want to look at that area but please have them address your MAF scaling first.
This is why I love forums, I appreciate it!
Old 05-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #21
tomm.brz

Quote:

So OP likes to be spoon-fed but doesn't like the crude truth :P

The main facts around every Delicious tune not made by a guy named Zach that i've lately seen , are that those amount of fuel trims (both on CL and OL states) are there because of a specific reason
In the same time, those trims that linger even in final releases say a lot about how the tuner and his work

The introduction of closed loop fuel control by ecutek in racerom 10 made things different by the tuner side
It can help a lot and make tuners feel relieved that nothing will happen because of bad MAF/SD scaling, but it can be a double edged knife

hope OP will sort it out anyway
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
BRZoomTX (05-01-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 11:42 PM   #22
tomm.brz

Limitless , keep us updated :-)
Old 05-04-2021, 01:04 AM   #23
Limitless_BRZ

Quote:
Limitless , keep us updated :-)

I will! i am having a hard time finding a 3" op/front pipe exhausts in stock.. So i might actually go with a local tuner (DB Tuned) im local to him in arizona, might be easier and see what he ends up saying
Old 05-04-2021, 09:20 AM   #24
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,093 Times in 2,044 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Your current MAF scaling will be causing more of an effect on your drivability than your 2.5" overpipe. You can run a stock catback on a turbo and not suffer from such issues.
I want to attest that I ran 17 psi and made 330whp with perfect drivability on stock catback and a 2.5" over pipe/frontpipe from 3" downpipe off of the turbo.
@BRZoomTX is spot on
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
BRZoomTX (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 10:17 AM   #25
tomm.brz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
I want to attest that I ran 17 psi and made 330whp with perfect drivability on stock catback and a 2.5" over pipe/frontpipe from 3" downpipe off of the turbo.
@BRZoomTX is spot on
But, with e85?
i think OP use 93oct?
Old 05-04-2021, 10:17 AM   #26
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,093 Times in 2,044 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
But, with e85?
i think OP use 93oct?
93 is the only high octane available in Vermont, no E85 in the state
Old 05-05-2021, 10:01 PM   #27
Limitless_BRZ

I’m only on 91, e85 rare around here.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:22 PM   #28
tomm.brz

Ok, you won't remove those amount of knock just going 3" turbo back
Piss fuel will require more DI or timings will always be low and the car lazy as f***