follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-20-2023, 11:24 AM   #4397
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires

Drives: what
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
Short answer no, we're working on 2nd gen springs.

- Andrew
where da springs at
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 11:27 PM   #4398
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
You can absolutely use the adjusters on the T2s...that's why they're there! The recommended settings are a starting point, that's all. Especially for auto-x, you'll need to make a few tweaks to get the most out of the car for that very specific and almost unique use case. Especially for auto-x you'll want a bit more rebound.

I do recommend doing one end of the car at a time, doing rebound OR compression one a time, and taking good notes. You can always PM me on here or call and Myles will answer at almost any time of day too.

Two very good links below:

- Andrew
I've decided that I like that guy. I did have to make 3 attempts to watch though, because the first two times I tried were just before bedtime and I didn't make it through lol.

Now to find a quiet corner to write down all my thoughts...
Old 09-22-2023, 07:55 AM   #4399
J95

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Im looking at the CSG Spec tein flex A, but Im in Europe

I aready asked by email about prices and shipping costs. But now Im also wondering:
  • What if I need repairing/rebuilding due to failures or damages? Does it need to be done exclusevly in US
    (I believe considering shipping costs to US its not even worth it)
  • What is the requiered manteinance?
    (same concern as above here)

J95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 09:35 AM   #4400
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,242 Times in 2,963 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I've decided that I like that guy. I did have to make 3 attempts to watch though, because the first two times I tried were just before bedtime and I didn't make it through lol.

Now to find a quiet corner to write down all my thoughts...
Haha I'm a nerd for this but I also have ADHD, so I either watch it all the way through without moving an inch or I make it about 30 seconds.

Also check out our podcast episode with Mike!

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
Spuds (09-22-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 10:15 AM   #4401
autoracer86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J95 View Post
Im looking at the CSG Spec tein flex A, but Im in Europe

I aready asked by email about prices and shipping costs. But now Im also wondering:
  • What if I need repairing/rebuilding due to failures or damages? Does it need to be done exclusevly in US
    (I believe considering shipping costs to US its not even worth it)
  • What is the requiered manteinance?
    (same concern as above here)

I just got these a shipped a few weeks ago to Ireland https://shaftworksusa.com/collection...tition-1-way-1

The shipping calcuator on CSG should be pretty accurate then add around 400-500ish for vat/customs.

I been ordering a lot of parts from the US and I been shocked at how quick the shipping has been. I needed a replacement part for my SPL end links and it took all of 2 days using the cheapest ups shipping.
autoracer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autoracer86 For This Useful Post:
J95 (09-22-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 01:28 PM   #4402
J95

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoracer86 View Post
I just got these a shipped a few weeks ago to Ireland https://shaftworksusa.com/collection...tition-1-way-1

The shipping calcuator on CSG should be pretty accurate then add around 400-500ish for vat/customs.

I been ordering a lot of parts from the US and I been shocked at how quick the shipping has been. I needed a replacement part for my SPL end links and it took all of 2 days using the cheapest ups shipping.

Ok thanks for sharing it

Unfortunately the Europe distributor Ventisca doesn't comercialize coilovers. I wonder if something could be done with them to try to lower these customs price a bit. Otherwise it becomes quite expensive, price ranges of KW v3 here :/
Old 09-22-2023, 03:42 PM   #4403
autoracer86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by J95 View Post
Ok thanks for sharing it

Unfortunately the Europe distributor Ventisca doesn't comercialize coilovers. I wonder if something could be done with them to try to lower these customs price a bit. Otherwise it becomes quite expensive, price ranges of KW v3 here :/
Have a look at st suspension. It’s not as nice as the rce ss1/2 but you can get them in the eu and should be a pretty good setup on a budget. Otherwise open that wallet and go for broke lol
autoracer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autoracer86 For This Useful Post:
J95 (09-24-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 10:09 AM   #4404
J95

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoracer86 View Post
Have a look at st suspension. It’s not as nice as the rce ss1/2 but you can get them in the eu and should be a pretty good setup on a budget. Otherwise open that wallet and go for broke lol
thanks! however I did not read good opinions about ST in the german forum

but sorry lets not deviate the topic here I will handle the topic with shipment with them in private.

I still wonder about the rebuilding and maintenance scenario when being in Europe, if three's nothing we can do that would be a big barrier for us unfortunately ...
The Following User Says Thank You to J95 For This Useful Post:
autoracer86 (09-24-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 05:13 AM   #4405
grippgoat

Drives: 2023 BRZ, 2018 Golf R 6MT
Is the stock outer lower control arm bushing in the knuckle a spherical bearing? I assumed it was rubber, but I was messing with swaybar endlinks tonight, and noticed the arm pivots quite freely with the swaybar disconnceted (I have spherical bearings on the inner LCA pivot and bottom of the shock), and I see wire on it that looks like it's retained by boots. 🤔

The trailing link bushing in the knuckle does look like rubber, though?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:44 AM   #4406
marco_mc22

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Is the stock outer lower control arm bushing in the knuckle a spherical bearing? I assumed it was rubber, but I was messing with swaybar endlinks tonight, and noticed the arm pivots quite freely with the swaybar disconnceted (I have spherical bearings on the inner LCA pivot and bottom of the shock), and I see wire on it that looks like it's retained by boots. 🤔

The trailing link bushing in the knuckle does look like rubber, though?

-Mike
Yep, they’re sealed pillow ball bushings. Traction bar arm is standard rubber, softer than toe control arm though. Same with upper arm which is still rubber but harder.
marco_mc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marco_mc22 For This Useful Post:
grippgoat (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 04:21 AM   #4407
grippgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_mc22 View Post
Yep, they’re sealed pillow ball bushings. Traction bar arm is standard rubber, softer than toe control arm though. Same with upper arm which is still rubber but harder.
Thanks! I've got cusco upper arms, which I think are all pillow ball. And SPL lower arms with pillow balls at the subframe. So I guess the only rubber left back there is the trailing arm. Does the suspension behave well if everything is pillow balls? Or does it need some rubber somewhere to avoid binding? Does anyone make a pillow ball bushing to go in the knuckle for the trailing link?

EDIT: Maybe these? https://us.gktech.com/products/zn6-8...erical-bushing It says toe arm, but maybe it means the traction / trailing arm, based on the customer pictures.

-Mike

Last edited by grippgoat; 12-09-2023 at 04:32 AM.
Old 12-10-2023, 01:49 PM   #4408
BlueWhelan

Drives: 2013 Blue Subaru BRZ. 6 Spd manual
Quote:
Thanks! I've got cusco upper arms, which I think are all pillow ball. And SPL lower arms with pillow balls at the subframe. So I guess the only rubber left back there is the trailing arm. Does the suspension behave well if everything is pillow balls? Or does it need some rubber somewhere to avoid binding? Does anyone make a pillow ball bushing to go in the knuckle for the trailing link?

EDIT: Maybe these? https://us.gktech.com/products/zn6-8...erical-bushing It says toe arm, but maybe it means the traction / trailing arm, based on the customer pictures.

-Mike

They are for the toe arms.

If you want spherical in the trailing arms, go with Cusco or the STI arms. Personally I’d just pair them with a quality poly bushing at the hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BlueWhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 03:15 AM   #4409
grippgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhelan View Post
They are for the toe arms.
But, the rear toe arm doesn't use a bushing in the knuckle? It uses a ball joint like the outer tie rod at the knuckle.

Unless they're calling the LCA the "toe arm" for some reason. But in the pictures, it looks like it's in the spot where the trailing arm would attach. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Mike
Old 12-11-2023, 08:20 AM   #4410
Tokay444
Anti stance.

Drives: 17 White 860. RCE Tarmac 2. RE-71RS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
But, the rear toe arm doesn't use a bushing in the knuckle? It uses a ball joint like the outer tie rod at the knuckle.

Unless they're calling the LCA the "toe arm" for some reason. But in the pictures, it looks like it's in the spot where the trailing arm would attach. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Mike
Yeah that's weird, their site clearly states toe arm, but shows the LCA mounting point.
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote