follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-30-2016, 06:16 PM   #15
j.boy

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks Td-d for your support on our platform , actually i dont know why these tables doesn't show up on my rom. I have read and checked this site
https://github.com/TD-D/SubaruDefs/b...A1JA01J.xml#L1
which i believe to be the latest and only available definition for my cal id.
(not sure im on on the right track) I clicked raw and saved it as an XML file .( not sure if im doing it right ) I then load it up on romraider and tried to open the compatible OTS. but error pops out saying definition not available. (double checked it and it was saved and and loaded properly aaaon romraider ).

and if i use the provided definition on openflash it opens up but then these missing tables doesnt show up which i believe was already defined.
j.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #16
j.boy

I actually emailed last december at sales@openflashperformance and even to Shiv about 3 weeks ago but still no feedback til now. That's why I was trying to look for an answer myself, but still no luck .
Old 01-30-2016, 06:57 PM   #17
ztan

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.boy View Post
Thanks Td-d for your support on our platform , actually i dont know why these tables doesn't show up on my rom. I have read and checked this site
https://github.com/TD-D/SubaruDefs/b...A1JA01J.xml#L1
which i believe to be the latest and only available definition for my cal id.
(not sure im on on the right track) I clicked raw and saved it as an XML file .( not sure if im doing it right ) I then load it up on romraider and tried to open the compatible OTS. but error pops out saying definition not available. (double checked it and it was saved and and loaded properly aaaon romraider ).

and if i use the provided definition on openflash it opens up but then these missing tables doesnt show up which i believe was already defined.
Just be aware that the OFT defs are often based on another ROM (at first A01C and more recently B01C, now ???) with a few bytes changed within the ROM to make it look like a ZA1Jxxx ROM. For example, I've been looking at a ROM for Shiv that is labelled as A01C which is in reality a B01C ROM base - to work it, I went and found all instances of "A01C" in the ROM and changed them to "B01C" with a hex editor. You could also rename the header in the B01C def as a A01C, but that gets messy quickly.

You should be able to edit your stock ROM with Td-d's definitions, but should use OFT definitions to edit the OFT ROMS (the base ROM is not consistent either through the OFT versions, so you need to be very very careful and use the OFT definition version which matches the OFT ROM version). I would not use version control on the OFT ROMs the way Shiv does as it leaves lots of room for error if you don't understand exactly what you are doing, but that is his company and work; not mine.

It is safer to copy the tables that you need into your stock ROM than working with an OFT base ROM that is not from your car. If Shiv, Td-d, and others can't supply you with a table or code that you really need, learn how to use a hex editor and IDA to find them yourself - then share the information with all.

ps: open up the working and non-working .xml files with a text editor and see where the differences are.
ztan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ztan For This Useful Post:
j.boy (02-01-2016), Td-d (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 06:59 PM   #18
Td-d
Garden variety obsessive

Drives: 2009 Sti Hatch; 2015 Audi RSQ3
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
It's likely due to the CAL id being different to the stock Roms. I'll see if I can help you tomorrow and insert those tables for you in the OFT definition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Td-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:03 AM   #19
j.boy

thanks Z-tan. Now i have added info thanks to you. So Td-d's def on github is used to edit or open up stock roms on romraider and not OFT roms? aIa also noticed that theres no launch control code defined on Td-d's definition. thats probably one way of identifying between OFT and td-d's definition.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #20
j.boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztan View Post
Just be aware that the OFT defs are often based on another ROM (at first A01C and more recently B01C, now ???) with a few bytes changed within the ROM to make it look like a ZA1Jxxx ROM. For example, I've been looking at a ROM for Shiv that is labelled as A01C which is in reality a B01C ROM base - to work it, I went and found all instances of "A01C" in the ROM and changed them to "B01C" with a hex editor. You could also rename the header in the B01C def as a A01C, but that gets messy quickly.

You should be able to edit your stock ROM with Td-d's definitions, but should use OFT definitions to edit the OFT ROMS (the base ROM is not consistent either through the OFT versions, so you need to be very very careful and use the OFT definition version which matches the OFT ROM version). I would not use version control on the OFT ROMs the way Shiv does as it leaves lots of room for error if you don't understand exactly what you are doing, but that is his company and work; not mine.

It is safer to copy the tables that you need into your stock ROM than working with an OFT base ROM that is not from your car. If Shiv, Td-d, and others can't supply you with a table or code that you really need, learn how to use a hex editor and IDA to find them yourself - then share the information with all.

ps: open up the working and non-working .xml files with a text editor and see where the differences are.
@ztan , thanks a lot sir. Sorry for these many questions, Ive tried opening my stock rom/map and OFT ROM/map using td-d's definition and was able to load it on romraider. Just want to make sure not to brick my ecu, and would like to ask if td-d's def is meant to be used for stock map or oft map or is it safe to use on both map?
Old 02-02-2016, 12:31 AM   #21
ztan

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
@ztan , thanks a lot sir. Sorry for these many questions, Ive tried opening my stock rom/map and OFT ROM/map using td-d's definition and was able to load it on romraider. Just want to make sure not to brick my ecu, and would like to ask if td-d's def is meant to be used for stock map or oft map or is it safe to use on both map?
Can't tell unless we see the ROM that you are editing and the def file that you want to use against it. There are enough ROM and def versions floating around with various version tags. You can load the wrong ROM with the wrong def in ROMRaider easily. If any of the values look suspect i.e. funny x or y axes or tables that don't make sense, don't touch that ROM with that definition.

The OFT ROMs are safe to edit with the def files published in the same version folder.
ztan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:21 AM   #22
j.boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
their is only two load limit tables its just some defs label then a b others b c..

try this romraider def

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TD...R_ZA1JA01J.xml

just be carefull if your editing an oft rom with this def as it wont have lc\ffs parameters.

i belive that A01J is latest compatabe rom so the oft rom shoul be A01J internally , but carefully look at the tables if anything looks weird dont edit
@Steve, is this def meant to edit the stock rom or the oft rom? sorry too many questions. and i assume if its for stock rom, it can also be flashed using the OFT device?
Old 02-02-2016, 02:49 AM   #23
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
@Steve, is this def meant to edit the stock rom or the oft rom? sorry too many questions. and i assume if its for stock rom, it can also be flashed using the OFT device?
Ok as ztan said their is a couple of versions of oft tunes and defs floating about v1.5 abd V 2 oft tunes use different defs in some cases

1 are you using oft to flash
2 are you using v2.07 oft tunes and defs ?
3 what is you stock rom calid

the romraider defs from github site are only meant to edit stock tunes. Reasons are oft tunes can have software patch for launch and flat foot shift and oft tunes can have calid mods internally in rom and this requires a matching adjusted definition

you dont need those load limit tables for maf scaling though.

note some defers refer to the tables as Load limit A & b some as B & C they are same.

If we assume
your car originally was an A01J
your using OFT latest roms V2.072

I checked those and
700J,A00J,A01J and even A02J OFT modded roms V2.072 are all internally A01J

So with V2.072 on an oft A01J modded rom you can use romraider(github) A01J definition.

however you will not be able to edit the LC/FFS with the romraider(github) definiton as OFT roms have software patch for that uniquie to oft roms.

There was a minor error in the romraider(github) def with the load limit B & C tables . I believe I have fixed it in the attached definition
Attached Files
File Type: zip RR_ZA1JA01J.zip (49.7 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by steve99; 02-02-2016 at 06:33 AM.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
j.boy (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 03:18 PM   #24
j.boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Ok as ztan said their is a couple of versions of oft tunes and defs floating about v1.5 abd V 2 oft tunes use different defs in some cases

1 are you using oft to flash
2 are you using v2.07 oft tunes and defs ?
3 what is you stock rom calid

the romraider defs from github site are only meant to edit stock tunes. Reasons are oft tunes can have software patch for launch and flat foot shift and oft tunes can have calid mods internally in rom and this requires a matching adjusted definition

you dont need those load limit tables for maf scaling though.

note some defers refer to the tables as Load limit A & b some as B & C they are same.

If we assume
your car originally was an A01J
your using OFT latest roms V2.072

I checked those and
700J,A00J,A01J and even A02J OFT modded roms V2.072 are all internally A01J

So with V2.072 on an oft A01J modded rom you can use romraider(github) A01J definition.

however you will not be able to edit the LC/FFS with the romraider(github) definiton as OFT roms have software patch for that uniquie to oft roms.

There was a minor error in the romraider(github) def with the load limit B & C tables . I believe I have fixed it in the attached definition
big thanks steve, Td-d, Ztan, and others who helped me out on this. and thanks for that update on those load limit tables, guess theres no advantage on using oft rom over my stock rom with Td-d's def since there's still no LC patch. Im just gonna use Td-d with my stock rom, atleast theres that updated load limit (rpm) and dtc tables on it. I guess theres no chance from OFT guys updating their own A01J definition.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #25
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
big thanks steve, Td-d, Ztan, and others who helped me out on this. and thanks for that update on those load limit tables, guess theres no advantage on using oft rom over my stock rom with Td-d's def since there's still no LC patch. Im just gonna use Td-d with my stock rom, atleast theres that updated load limit (rpm) and dtc tables on it. I guess theres no chance from OFT guys updating their own A01J definition.
its unlikely you will get tge oft guys to update their defs as they dont use any of the additional tables in their tuning.

just use the oft def if you need to alter the lc\ffs parameters on the oft rom, else use the tdd def for orher stuff. you will be fine,if the oft guys put out updated tunes then your going to need to check that your rom is still based on the A01J rom
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote