follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2018, 10:39 PM   #57
CK

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
ohh Are you using a microcontroller to get it to function with a remote the way you have it?

So your saying a used cluster can be installed into any car? including a turn key car? or are you just saying you can use a new cluster on a turn key car?

Oh not the EEPROM is not. i already programed mine on my own. Its simple to correct it. But It has to be documented of couse and disclosed if you ever want to sell your car. but i want to see what other setting i can change. Like from Miles to kilometers in the ODO. or from F to C in the Cluster. Or switching the Auto AC from F to C etc.. and i have a tool that can read the EEPROM. But the NOR flash chip is a little bigger. Not sure how much 1000RMB is in USD.
Yes I used an arduino board for that.

Any cluster (used or new) can be used in any car (smart key or turn key), and can be freely redeployed to another car. There's no lock inside the cluster. For those turn key car, TIS is needed to re-map the security key to the cluster.

Yes a used cluster can be installed into any car, including a turn key car. (Turn key car need TIS configuration)

p.s. This apply to pre-2017 cluster too
CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:41 PM   #58
CK

Quote:
ohh Are you using a microcontroller to get it to function with a remote the way you have it?

So your saying a used cluster can be installed into any car? including a turn key car? or are you just saying you can use a new cluster on a turn key car?

Oh not the EEPROM is not. i already programed mine on my own. Its simple to correct it. But It has to be documented of couse and disclosed if you ever want to sell your car. but i want to see what other setting i can change. Like from Miles to kilometers in the ODO. or from F to C in the Cluster. Or switching the Auto AC from F to C etc.. and i have a tool that can read the EEPROM. But the NOR flash chip is a little bigger. Not sure how much 1000RMB is in USD.
Could you share the dump rom for the EEPROM and the NOR flash? I will pm you my email address.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:26 PM   #59
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Could you share the dump rom for the EEPROM and the NOR flash? I will pm you my email address.
SURE! here ya go. Could you send your dumps too?

http://www.geraldjustprojects.com/wp...d-667.BIN_.zip
Old 10-17-2018, 02:52 AM   #60
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
I have an LS swap with Motec. I assume the CAN signals to the dash coming from the Motec would work in the newer dash too?
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:17 AM   #61
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
I have an LS swap with Motec. I assume the CAN signals to the dash coming from the Motec would work in the newer dash too?
As long as the Swap was done Correctly by actually sending the right can signals though the motec. Which im guessing its the case it should be fully plug n play. Hopefully they are also outputting the Oil temp signal like factory should. (older card did not need it but it was there) and the newer clusters have the ability to show it so not sure.

you have a Pure Automotive swap?
Old 10-17-2018, 03:34 AM   #62
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
As long as the Swap was done Correctly by actually sending the right can signals though the motec. Which im guessing its the case it should be fully plug n play. Hopefully they are also outputting the Oil temp signal like factory should. (older card did not need it but it was there) and the newer clusters have the ability to show it so not sure.

you have a Pure Automotive swap?
Yes, Pure Swap, there's no oil temp signal, as there is no sensor on the engine. The sensor is on the oil pan and most swaps delete it so it's not included in the package. I do have an oil temp sender ready to install with a sandwich plate which I'll feed to the Motec, but still it will not be fed to the cluster unless it's added through the software firmware.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:02 AM   #63
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I really wish that IS Cluster would work. That thing looks sick.

Anyway

Got the LEDs swapped over for Blue. They are SUPER tiny. Thinking 0605/0603 package. I put some slightly larger ones back in as I had them on hand and they fit. I also added the blue gel to the "tick" marks around the numbers.

Hoping I did everything right as I won't know until I get to the dealer to have the cluster programmed. I am interested to see if Techstream will be able to communicate with the car to program it.

Index finger for reference. I have somewhat small hands as well.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:32 PM   #64
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Yes, Pure Swap, there's no oil temp signal, as there is no sensor on the engine. The sensor is on the oil pan and most swaps delete it so it's not included in the package. I do have an oil temp sender ready to install with a sandwich plate which I'll feed to the Motec, but still it will not be fed to the cluster unless it's added through the software firmware.
Well i would ask them to see if they would add it in. Should not be too hard. And since its a Motec it should have a spare input or something. That way you can just add a pin then they can push it through software. Asuming they have a spare input and they know the oil temp data that should be sent out.

Gerald R.
Sportsguy83 (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #65
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
Well i would ask them to see if they would add it in. Should not be too hard. And since its a Motec it should have a spare input or something. That way you can just add a pin then they can push it through software. Asuming they have a spare input and they know the oil temp data that should be sent out.

Gerald R.
Yes, there are a few spare inputs. I was going to add it and use a vent gauge that they sell specifically for the Motec (something like a P3 gauge, but it cal display like 10 parameters at a time and specific for the Motec). It would be neat if it could be integrated to the cluster!

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 10-17-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #66
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
I really wish that IS Cluster would work. That thing looks sick.

Anyway

Got the LEDs swapped over for Blue. They are SUPER tiny. Thinking 0605/0603 package. I put some slightly larger ones back in as I had them on hand and they fit. I also added the blue gel to the "tick" marks around the numbers.

Hoping I did everything right as I won't know until I get to the dealer to have the cluster programmed. I am interested to see if Techstream will be able to communicate with the car to program it.

Index finger for reference. I have somewhat small hands as well.

Oh they look Tiny! never realised how small they are. And nice! so blue needles with blue tick marks.

Well hopefully. Are the dealers having the milage programmed or the Immo stuff?

According to CK. Seems that somewhat easy to Program it with techstream for the Immo.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #67
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Well hopefully. Are the dealers having the milage programmed or the Immo stuff?

According to CK. Seems that somewhat easy to Program it with techstream for the Immo.
Immo. They told me they can't do mileage. So I am going to wait to see if you find a good way to do that.

If I can program the immo myself with techstream it's worth the purchase, I just didn't know if that was able to be done.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #68
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
Immo. They told me they can't do mileage. So I am going to wait to see if you find a good way to do that.

If I can program the immo myself with techstream it's worth the purchase, I just didn't know if that was able to be done.
For mileage if you find a way to read the EEPROM i can send you a corrected file for you to flash or i could do it myself if you need it.

Oh, for the immo ... well i might order another one of those techstream cables and see if they work.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:41 PM   #69
CK

Quote:
For mileage if you find a way to read the EEPROM i can send you a corrected file for you to flash or i could do it myself if you need it.

Oh, for the immo ... well i might order another one of those techstream cables and see if they work.
Immo could be done by Techstream and tactrix cable. For those turn-key car without the immo setting the engine wouldn't start after changing the dash. Mileage couldn't be changed using tactrix.

I have just ordered the eeprom reader and hopefully will reach next week.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:34 AM   #70
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Is there any way you would be able to somehow program this to show vacuum?

Instagram: Drakiv

Last edited by Drakiv; 10-19-2018 at 04:52 AM.
Drakiv is offline   Reply With Quote