follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-18-2022, 07:17 PM   #3151
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x808drifter View Post
My entire point is that you wrote an seemingly very angry comment about the FIA changing the race results when nobody even mentioned that being thing.
Thus the "Vegan" comment.
Because the joke is a vegan will tell you they are one when nobody asked.
The way you brought up race results when nobody is talking about it.

I used that word perfectly BTW.
Butthurt: "overly or unjustifiably offended, angered or resentful."

What people are holding on to it???
As I said above you're the only one still talking about it in here.
It's been over 2 months since anyone even mentioned race result changes in this thread.
Changes to the FIA and F1 from a single post by spcmafia linking to a BBC article 2-3 weeks ago. And even in there beyond Masi possibly getting kicked there isn't anything to drastic mentioned.

You can't even keep the talking points of your own arguments on track.
So who has the "low IQ"?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Back to the thread:

Glad they stopped the teams being able to directly talk to the race directors.
Wonder what the rules for restarts are gonna end up like.
The comment above mine LITERALLY hypothesized the idea of the next season of the show being on hold pending actions from the FIA commission. Aside from regulation and personnel changes (like I stated) nothing else is happening. All pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

My post wasn’t angry. It was concise. Short and to the point; which is they aren’t waiting for anything because nothing is happening. I have nothing to be angry about. I wanted Max to win the championship from the start lol.

Butthurt would imply being angry… but I’m not.

“Talking points of your own argument” lol gtfo
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 08:09 PM   #3152
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Can we just go back to arguing about who's fault the crash at Copse was?
Spuds (02-18-2022), The Red One (02-20-2022), x808drifter (02-20-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 09:44 PM   #3153
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Can we just go back to arguing about who's fault the crash at Copse was?
Seems pretty self explanatory since the car that was behind the lead car understeered wide and missed the apex by like 7ft lol
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Spuds (02-18-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 02:58 AM   #3154
kinghurl

Drives: BlueBurz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red One View Post
Michael Masi has been removed from his position as F1 race director.
And The FIA has confirmed teams will no longer be able to send messages directly to the race director,
--
That was eventually their only option as Masi became a hot potato with his dealings with the last race.
Im in agreement that the teams should not be petitioning the judges while a race is in progress.

.. One month to go for the first race of 2022.
Masi was a problem all season. His incompetence in actually applying the rules all season was a major factor in teams losing faith. The WWF finale was just the icing on the cake. F1 has a fat rulebook and Masi used his own twisted logic to bend and apply them in an ad hoc manner. Talking to the director became a thing because of his incompetence. Near every race had it's "WTF" rulings. Charlie Whiting never had this kind of thing go on. 2021 will be remembered for the stink Masi left on the sport. Bye felicia!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
kinghurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:14 AM   #3155
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
The comment above mine LITERALLY hypothesized the idea of the next season of the show being on hold pending actions from the FIA commission. Aside from regulation and personnel changes (like I stated) nothing else is happening. All pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

My post wasn’t angry. It was concise. Short and to the point; which is they aren’t waiting for anything because nothing is happening. I have nothing to be angry about. I wanted Max to win the championship from the start lol.

Butthurt would imply being angry… but I’m not.

“Talking points of your own argument” lol gtfo
Well you sounded angry.
And I'm not the only one who thinks that.

If you really weren't mad why not just say I misinterpreted it?
Why come at me so hard and defensive.

I'll just ignore every post you make from now on.

x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 04:40 AM   #3156
The Red One
Planning summer road trip

Drives: 2019 Sport-tech RS. City car: GD3
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghurl View Post
Masi was a problem all season. 2021 will be remembered for the stink Masi left on the sport.

If his management was really that rotten why did he manage to keep his job for 3 yrs? I agree that last race will be what people remember about 2021.

Some of the issues we saw this season were with the stewards as well, don’t only blame Masi.
The FIA needed to rethink rules & their implementation so to avoid these controversies does not re-occur.

--

Others in the F1 sport opinions on the race director:

“Masi deserves chance to stay as F1 race director” – Ricciardo ,Ricc was Max’s teamate at one point.

F1 race director Masi ‘did a very good job and I hope he sticks around’
“So I don’t know either what’s his future, but I hope he sticks around because I think overall he did a very, very good job. I think there’s a lot of controversy for the last race, but there shouldn’t be.
I think if you look at the bigger picture, he’s done really well.” – Vettel

“Definitely, that was an example of poor consistency,” Stroll.
Lance’s team-mate gained from the last lap decision but he did not…

“It’s a very difficult job, and I’m not here to protect Michael or anything, it is very difficult.” - Guenther Steiner HAAS

“On a personal level he is entirely a really, really nice guy with no edge to him at all,” he said. “And he listens and tries to do the very best that he can.” -Jonathan Wheatley RB

“Michael did a super job in many ways,” said Bayer, adding, “we definitely don’t want to lose him “ -secretary general for sport Peter Bayer,

--

Differing Opinions on Masi may also depend on who we were rooting for, Mad Max or Sir LH. I know it does for me.

The real contention we should be worried about is keeping the squirrels off the Monza track! As per the Pole sitter of that race and a few other drivers.
The Red One is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Red One For This Useful Post:
Spuds (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 10:07 AM   #3157
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I still remember the rule was that you had to give the other guy room regardless of who was in front.

Am I wrong that that wasn't a rule, or do they just not care anymore?
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 10:42 AM   #3158
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,146 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Masi was a problem all season. His incompetence in actually applying the rules all season was a major factor in teams losing faith. The WWF finale was just the icing on the cake. F1 has a fat rulebook and Masi used his own twisted logic to bend and apply them in an ad hoc manner. Talking to the director became a thing because of his incompetence. Near every race had it's "WTF" rulings. Charlie Whiting never had this kind of thing go on. 2021 will be remembered for the stink Masi left on the sport. Bye felicia!

Everyone likes to blame a scapegoat. All of the penalty problems in 2021 were the rotating panel of stewards fault. Masi doesn't make decisions on penalties. He only makes decisions on race operations. Everyone is just upset because his was the voice people heard on the radio when the principals called him to bitch about things that didn't go their way.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
TylerLieberman (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 11:17 AM   #3159
The Red One
Planning summer road trip

Drives: 2019 Sport-tech RS. City car: GD3
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x808drifter View Post
I still remember the rule was that you had to give the other guy room regardless of who was in front.

Am I wrong that that wasn't a rule, or do they just not care anymore?

Now this is how giving the other guy room is done.

Brazil nov 2021.
Attached Images

The Red One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:37 AM   #3160
kinghurl

Drives: BlueBurz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Everyone likes to blame a scapegoat. All of the penalty problems in 2021 were the rotating panel of stewards fault. Masi doesn't make decisions on penalties. He only makes decisions on race operations. Everyone is just upset because his was the voice people heard on the radio when the principals called him to bitch about things that didn't go their way.
As the director of race operations, like Charlie Whiting was, the application of the rule book was his responsibility. I think Masi in 2021 exemplified how to do that job poorly. Charlie set a high bar...Masi, masied all over it. He is the scape goat. The principals were on the phone to him because of that inconsistency and because his poor leadership style let them. When they did call Charlie, he often implied gently it was his show and "I got this!".

kinghurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 12:09 PM   #3161
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
As the director of race operations, like Charlie Whiting was, the application of the rule book was his responsibility. I think Masi in 2021 exemplified how to do that job poorly. Charlie set a high bar...Masi, masied all over it. He is the scape goat. The principals were on the phone to him because of that inconsistency and because his poor leadership style let them. When they did call Charlie, he often implied gently it was his show and "I got this!".

Masi was also kinda roped into the position when Whiting passed. I’m not going to say poor Masi but it seemed like he was thrust into the role. And who would honestly pass up a promotion?
Old 02-21-2022, 08:50 AM   #3162
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I recall a time when I got one I should have turned down.
NoHaveMSG (02-21-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #3163
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,986 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
I just watched a video of Mick Schumacher driving his dad's first F1 (Jordan 191) car and the reaction was absolutely wholesome, it was a mix of terrified and totally in awe. To add to that, Vettel approaching him, prior to take off, and instructing him how to drive a stick-shift F1 is golden. I compare the emotion to how HAM felt as he was driving Senna's MP4/4.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/36...at-silverstone

Another favorite video is the reaction of Richard Hammond attempting to take the Renault R25 for a spin.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:05 PM   #3164
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,444 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I just watched a video of Mick Schumacher driving his dad's first F1 (Jordan 191) car and the reaction was absolutely wholesome, it was a mix of terrified and totally in awe. To add to that, Vettel approaching him, prior to take off, and instructing him how to drive a stick-shift F1 is golden. I compare the emotion to how HAM felt as he was driving Senna's MP4/4.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/36...at-silverstone
They dare not let him drive a 194 with it's "illegal" driver aids. Just one of the countless number of things that MS got away with during his F1 career.

Some of you blame Masi and/or the stewards, governing bodies et al for last years debacle. However, it's been going on for decades and has favoured teams and drivers that many of you hold so dear. You want to learn about a total screw-up you need to research Michael Schumacher's 1998 British G.P. win were he served a stop-go penalty after he'd won the race.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
Spuds (02-21-2022)

Tags
no mikey nooo, supersupermaxmax, waawaaalewis