follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 09-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #15
aznatama

Drives: 2014 BRZ MT (Sold); 2006 V70R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Service member isn't going to be fked by this. So their daughter may be in big trouble, and there may or may not have been a parenting fail, but command isn't going to screw the service member due to this.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #16
Iddoit2er

Drives: S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The point is, things wouldn't be taken care of without the luck of having some witnesses and a lot of leg work to find this person; they were happy enough to leave me high and dry. They didn't tell their insurance company that it was a hit-and-run, nor did they (USAA) seem to care about the fact that they've insured someone with a dependent that would behave this way. No one wants to mess with this guy's career on account of his daughter's actions, but hopefully there's someone involved that would influence their behavior in the future for others who won't be so lucky as I am.

Anyways, back to the point - Anyone have suggestions for a NOVA body shop who has had work done before? Better yet, anyone work at a body shop? I kind of have to act on this tomorrow...
Iddoit2er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #17
VoiD

Drives: 13 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
D&V in Sterling
File a diminished value claim
Take it to carmax
Old 09-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #18
DC-FRS

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iddoit2er View Post
The point is, things wouldn't be taken care of without the luck of having some witnesses and a lot of leg work to find this person; they were happy enough to leave me high and dry. They didn't tell their insurance company that it was a hit-and-run, nor did they (USAA) seem to care about the fact that they've insured someone with a dependent that would behave this way. No one wants to mess with this guy's career on account of his daughter's actions, but hopefully there's someone involved that would influence their behavior in the future for others who won't be so lucky as I am.

Anyways, back to the point - Anyone have suggestions for a NOVA body shop who has had work done before? Better yet, anyone work at a body shop? I kind of have to act on this tomorrow...

I'm an estimator over at Craftsman Auto Body in Gville. Have worked on a couple of the guys' 86s over here and have gotten it all taken care of. We are a USAA certified shop as well. Major 86 enthusiast and owner here, we'd be happy to take care of it for ya.
DC-FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #19
camelflage

Drives: pinto power
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiD View Post
D&V in Sterling
File a diminished value claim
Take it to carmax
this.
camelflage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #20
spitfire481

Drives: 2JZ FRS
Thanked 1,354 Times in 621 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
A new bumper is not going to drop the value of your car. That's a little much. As far as carfax reporting, not one shop I've ever worked at reported anything to them. I doubt most insurance companies do either for a small claim like this. Also, its going to cost you more to fight for diminished value than you will get. We had a customer fight for dv on his challenger which took an $18k hit and struggled for two months to get $500 out of the insurance company. after paying for independent appraisals he didn't make crap

Last edited by spitfire481; 09-04-2014 at 10:28 PM.
spitfire481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #21
Iddoit2er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-FRS View Post
I'm an estimator over at Craftsman Auto Body in Gville. Have worked on a couple of the guys' 86s over here and have gotten it all taken care of. We are a USAA certified shop as well. Major 86 enthusiast and owner here, we'd be happy to take care of it for ya.
Nice! I may just go with your shop! I need to give the insurance rep your shop info to get the ball rolling, but will definitely let you know in the next day or so. Thanks for reaching/looking out!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #22
incubus1995

Drives: 2013 frs hot lava
Garage
My car was a hit and run too last week. Moores cadi on 50 by the Loudon county line. They do repair for every make and model. Did amazing work and quick turn around. Mom also got her crv fixed there and I got my old mustang done there too.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #23
Iddoit2er

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus1995 View Post
My car was a hit and run too last week. Moores cadi on 50 by the Loudon county line. They do repair for every make and model. Did amazing work and quick turn around. Mom also got her crv fixed there and I got my old mustang done there too.
I actually just picked up my car from repairs today from D and V in sterling: the paint job is phenomemal, however they didnt put the bumper back on properly - you can see straight into the bay on both sides at the intersection of where the bumper, fender, and headlamp meet.

Ugh.

Tags
body shop, part out, sell, trade