follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 09-02-2020, 10:17 PM   #15
padillaricardo48

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
I think this link to the video with sound should work https://photos.app.goo.gl/fP2SP1wW4YebEyTp9
Yeah that sounds exactly like mine. Did they inspect it like did they took the oil pan and the oil tube out?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
padillaricardo48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:21 PM   #16
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I don't see the need to pay to have it towed to the dealer and then pay them to pull things apart only to tell me it's fucked. Then I can't even start it to put it on a trailer and have to pay to have it towed home. Covid induced lack of work has left me a little short of funds to throw at it so I'm going to hold out for a good used motor and save the towing $$ for when I have it brought to a friends engine shop to replace the motor.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:30 PM   #17
padillaricardo48

Quote:
I don't see the need to pay to have it towed to the dealer and then pay them to pull things apart only to tell me it's fucked. Then I can't even start it to put it on a trailer and have to pay to have it towed home. Covid induced lack of work has left me a little short of funds to throw at it so I'm going to hold out for a good used motor and save the towing $$ for when I have it brought to a friends engine shop to replace the motor.
Ok because my situation is exactly the same but the reason they declined me was cuz of that what u said and cuz it had multiple owners like more then 5 so they don't know if they made any modifications to the engine so im fucked lol. But are u the only owner of the car?

Old 09-03-2020, 11:37 AM   #18
gravitylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by padillaricardo48 View Post
Ok because my situation is exactly the same but the reason they declined me was cuz of that what u said and cuz it had multiple owners like more then 5 so they don't know if they made any modifications to the engine so im fucked lol. But are u the only owner of the car?
There was one before me, he had the car for a bit over a year and did 14k miles. I bought it CPO from the dealer, same dealer he bought it and had it maintained at. The previous owner shouldn't ever enter the discussion I'm having with them because I've done 125k with the car and been pretty good about the maintenance.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:53 AM   #19
padillaricardo48

Quote:
There was one before me, he had the car for a bit over a year and did 14k miles. I bought it CPO from the dealer, same dealer he bought it and had it maintained at. The previous owner shouldn't ever enter the discussion I'm having with them because I've done 125k with the car and been pretty good about the maintenance.
Is the car salvage??? Well they shouldn't declined u, what I would do is request a explanation on why they declined your service is not because of the warranty but because when they do the recall they scratch off the old rtv silicone off and when they put everything back together some of the old rtv silicone falls down in the oil tube and it gets cloth and it makes the engine starving for oil and causes engine damage

Old 09-03-2020, 06:21 PM   #20
gravitylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by padillaricardo48 View Post
Is the car salvage??? Well they shouldn't declined u, what I would do is request a explanation on why they declined your service is not because of the warranty but because when they do the recall they scratch off the old rtv silicone off and when they put everything back together some of the old rtv silicone falls down in the oil tube and it gets cloth and it makes the engine starving for oil and causes engine damage
No, not salvage. I told you it was purchased CPO from the original dealer. It was denied because it was 13 months and 16k miles and the recall warranty is for 12 months and 12k miles. They're being sticklers as is their right based on the terms. I can't afford to lawyer up and sue them so I'm out whatever the cost is to replace it. Pretty simple, I'm fucked. There is a small chance that I would take it to small claims court because in NY it's up to $10k in damages so if I get annoyed enough I might.