follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
JAWZ

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Flexfuel Question!

I want to be able to put 91 or E85 into my car whenever its available. Im under the impression that I will need to install a Flexfuel kit AND buy a tuning tablet to tune my car for this upgrade. I wanted to see if any one has any cheap but reliable suggestions for this upgrade. I have talked to delicious and their stage 1 kit is $1600 dollars and my budget isnt quite that high. I have seen the Openflash tablet and flexfuel kit running for about $1000. Are these pretty much my only options to be able to run E85 or 91 at any given time? Or is there a alternative method that isnt too pricey, but wont make me dig too deep into the wires and sensors of my car? Thank you guys for any help and advice, ive been searching for days about this, since I found a E85 pump in my area.

-Zollie
Old 11-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Check out
https://www.xero-limit.com/ecutek-bl...l-package.html
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
kev0

Drives: '14
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Just something to consider: OFT's flex fuel kit only works with OFT, so if you consider boosting your car down the road, you're going to have to pick up an EcuTek tune and another FFK. Do it right once and go for EcuTek. It'll have a more indepth and custom tune for your vehicle rather than an off the shelf, one-size-fits-all tune.

Pick up @Xero-Limit 's kit with tune, EcuTek Bluetooth device, tuning license and flex fuel kit included for $1200. They have one of the best FFK's out there for our platform.

Another option is you can just buy the their Ecutek tuning package (https://www.xero-limit.com/ecutek-ec...t-wdongle.html) and pick up a used FFK somewhere.

Sites might have Black Friday sales so you might want to wait on that.

kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kev0 For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (11-20-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
JAWZ

Garage
Thanks guys, I guess I wanna ask if yall would know why Delicious is so expensive? As you said, I want to eventually put a turbo on my car. So would it be best for me to go with delicious for any given reasons that you might know? Im looking at it, and if im gonna spend 1200 to do it right, I would like to know what the 1600 would offer as its only a couple hundred more. I cant quite find the answers im looking for so thank you for the information guys.

-Zollie
Old 11-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #5
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Both are reputable shops, reputable tuners and great kits. As far as i know no real functional difference between the two for the end user. It seems like xero-limit just discounts the tuning portion more in their bundle. He did my fi+wmi tune and if/when i do FF i will get his FF kit.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
Xero-Limit (11-20-2019)
Old 11-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #6
kev0

Not sure why DT's FFK is so expensive. You need their proprietary app to see the Ethanol % while XL's kit has a digital gauge you can mount somewhere to see E%. A lot more convenient than firing up an app everytime you want to see the E%.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:05 PM   #7
JAWZ

Garage
Yea the gauge is a pretty good selling point for me since i dont have any gauges YET, but I might end up going with Xerolimit after the feedback yall have provided. Pretty much answered all my questions in about 2 hours after searching for 3 or 4 days haha.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:55 AM   #8
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Thanks for the props! Yes, our flex fuel kit is cheaper, but not due to quality. We will do the biggest buy-ins with most of our suppliers to ensure we have the lowest parts cost, and then we assemble here in PA versus CA, our labor costs are lower.

Gauges are included in the kits but are optional. With the latest EcuTek bluetooth release/RaceROM you can see the flex fuel percentage right on your phone. So no need for any third party modules. A guage is nice to have though as you'll instantly know if there is any issue.

The EcuTek/Flex package is a bargain, not sure how long we'll keep that running!
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #9
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
Just something to consider: OFT's flex fuel kit only works with OFT, so if you consider boosting your car down the road, you're going to have to pick up an EcuTek tune and another FFK. Do it right once and go for EcuTek. It'll have a more indepth and custom tune for your vehicle rather than an off the shelf, one-size-fits-all tune.

Pick up @Xero-Limit 's kit with tune, EcuTek Bluetooth device, tuning license and flex fuel kit included for $1200. They have one of the best FFK's out there for our platform.

Another option is you can just buy the their Ecutek tuning package (https://www.xero-limit.com/ecutek-ec...t-wdongle.html) and pick up a used FFK somewhere.

Sites might have Black Friday sales so you might want to wait on that.

Thats actually incorrect.

The OFT flex fuel kit works same as other flex fuel kits it measures ethanol content and converts it to a 0.5-4.5v signal that can be fed into ecu. Via evap or even rear 02 input

Some kits use 0-5 v some use 0.5-4.5v this is easily rescaled in any flex tune feom oft or ecutek

Ecutek can use rear 02 or evap input.

0.5 to 4.5v kits have slight advantage as to can trigger a failsafe if you see 0 v or 5 v as that represents an abnormal condition and can indicate problem with connections or flex sensor

You can use xero limit kit , deliceous kit or oft kit with ecutek or oft as long as it configured correctly.

There are also a bunch of other kit on market as well that will work.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
kev0 (11-24-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 03:50 AM   #10
kev0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Thats actually incorrect.

The OFT flex fuel kit works same as other flex fuel kits it measures ethanol content and converts it to a 0.5-4.5v signal that can be fed into ecu. Via evap or even rear 02 input

Some kits use 0-5 v some use 0.5-4.5v this is easily rescaled in any flex tune feom oft or ecutek

Ecutek can use rear 02 or evap input.

0.5 to 4.5v kits have slight advantage as to can trigger a failsafe if you see 0 v or 5 v as that represents an abnormal condition and can indicate problem with connections or flex sensor

You can use xero limit kit , deliceous kit or oft kit with ecutek or oft as long as it configured correctly.

There are also a bunch of other kit on market as well that will work.
Oh! I always thought OFT only supported their own FFK. I didn’t know that. Thanks! I learn something new everyday lol!
The Following User Says Thank You to kev0 For This Useful Post:
steve99 (11-24-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #11
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero-Limit View Post
Thanks for the props! Yes, our flex fuel kit is cheaper, but not due to quality. We will do the biggest buy-ins with most of our suppliers to ensure we have the lowest parts cost, and then we assemble here in PA versus CA, our labor costs are lower.

Gauges are included in the kits but are optional. With the latest EcuTek bluetooth release/RaceROM you can see the flex fuel percentage right on your phone. So no need for any third party modules. A guage is nice to have though as you'll instantly know if there is any issue.

The EcuTek/Flex package is a bargain, not sure how long we'll keep that running!
Will the flex kits individually see a Black Friday sale?
Old 11-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #12
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the new guy View Post
Will the flex kits individually see a Black Friday sale?
We are doing 5% off the flex fuel kits through Dec 2nd using the coupon code, after that there will be no more discounts.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote