follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2020, 03:40 AM   #197
Conti93

Drives: Toyota GT86 First Edition 53/86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
[...]the BRZ ones are the first ones actually created so it has most of the graphics and some of the graphics for other markets like the GT86 in japan[...]
[...]So easy to turn a Gt86 to a BRZ cluster but not the other way around via eeprom setting[...]
Wait, wouldn't it be the opposite?
Sorry, never had a look at the NOR, could you please tell me what would it take to convert an EU BRZ cluster to an 86 cluster? Would I need to reflash the NOR or the EEPROM should suffice?

By the way, did you read the NOR in-place or did you desolder it?
Conti93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #198
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conti93 View Post
Wait, wouldn't it be the opposite?
Sorry, never had a look at the NOR, could you please tell me what would it take to convert an EU BRZ cluster to an 86 cluster? Would I need to reflash the NOR or the EEPROM should suffice?

By the way, did you read the NOR in-place or did you desolder it?
Nope, These cars are mostly made/designed by subaru so. even the code on different modules reflect that. The cluster is no exception. But not sure, that matters is the year of the cluster too if you want to go from brz to 86 via (eeprom settings) but if you wanna forsure go from brz to 86 you will also have to flash the NOR memory. You can do this by desoldering, flashing and resoldering. I don't have to much expense on EU clusters as i see mostly from USDM, CANADA, or sometimes JP. But thats it. I know that some EU setting may also change also what doors open (passenger vs driver LHD RHD)
Old 09-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #199
FT86.ca

Drives: '15 BRZ, '05 Acura TL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have the resistor values handy for the controls handy? I figure R1 and R2 are high value ones and are the same. R6 can be replace the 2 resistors and R3, R4, R5???

I've searched high and low and search only came up with the audio controls side which I don't need.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

FT86.ca is offline   Reply With Quote