follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 01-29-2018, 03:57 PM   #183
8RZ
The Gunshine State

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,163 Times in 587 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coomojar View Post
Description: TDB is a Tk debugger GUI for the GNU debugger GDB. Network Lookout Net Monitor For Employees Professional V4 9 12 Key. 4 cd no patch quake crackdownload

Lol spam.

Current DD: M235i
8RZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:44 AM   #184
Zestyfesty

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well I 'performed' the spring removal today; very straightforward. A brief drive was all I needed to know this was the right move for me, although perhaps not for everyone. The most noticeable change for me is the clutch pedal pressure is now linear, not weirdly sprung with different loads at different pedal position, which I found disconcerting, and made it tricky to feel the bite point. Combined with drive-by-wire throttle and I was often fluffing my clutch/throttle calibration. Now I can clearly sense through my foot the friction of the discs biting into the flywheel. The bite point has clarity. It's just another layer of tactility and precision that the spring setup couldn't offer.
Zestyfesty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zestyfesty For This Useful Post:
jcw99 (09-12-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 01:15 AM   #185
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zestyfesty View Post
Well I 'performed' the spring removal today; very straightforward. A brief drive was all I needed to know this was the right move for me, although perhaps not for everyone. The most noticeable change for me is the clutch pedal pressure is now linear, not weirdly sprung with different loads at different pedal position, which I found disconcerting, and made it tricky to feel the bite point. Combined with drive-by-wire throttle and I was often fluffing my clutch/throttle calibration. Now I can clearly sense through my foot the friction of the discs biting into the flywheel. The bite point has clarity. It's just another layer of tactility and precision that the spring setup couldn't offer.
Welp, there goes your warranty and resale value - too bad -

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
jcw99 (09-12-2020)
Old 09-12-2020, 08:34 PM   #186
Plumbus
Seņor Member

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zestyfesty View Post
Have you tried the smaller Forester clutch slave cylinder? It makes the pedal feel heavier due to less leverage but also gives better clutch feel.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #187
dasting

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Also did this two weeks ago after having my car for a couple months. It took 5 minutes to get the spring out and damn, I was skeptical for the different this would actually make, but it is so much better. Linear and easy to modulate clutch. Yes, slightly heavier when pedal is all the way down, but still lighter than many cars I have owned. I know others have mentioned pedal hang at the top of the throw after doing the mod, but I have no hang, works great. Do recommend.

Tags
clutch helper spring, helper spring removal