follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
awillie15

Drives: 6 Speed Hot Lava FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Injen Intake System

I just recently purchased an injen air intake (SR) for my frs and I was curious to find out if anyone has ran this intake with or without the stock snorkel from the original air box. The instructions from injen on the install don't say to remove the snorkel from behind the front face. Anyone have any info on this?

I have read all the stickies and posts about comparing all the intakes and the allegations of the a/f ratios, which in the end, I still decided to go with injen. Have run them on my other cars no problems what so ever and in my opinion they are a reputable company. Just looking for some insight on any difference between keeping the snorkel or removing it for air flow.

Thanks!
awillie15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awillie15 View Post
I have read all the stickies and posts about comparing all the intakes and the allegations of the a/f ratios, which in the end, I still decided to go with injen. !
Lol.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
lastexile1987

Drives: Lightning Red '13 Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've run mine with the snorkel for a good six months and have had no issues. I've never taken the snorkel off though so I don't know what effect that would have.
lastexile1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
86SPEED

Drives: The silvertrooper 10 series
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I personally have a Injen on my car, At the evasive dyno day beginning of last year i put more power down then anyone else but one guy on a race gas mix and he got me by 1 hp, also the FI cars. i just had a EVO3 cat back and the injen. I don't have any issues, no stumble, no bog, no drive ability issues, and its by far the one we sell the most of.. after it would be the Greddy then perrin..

I didn't remove mine originally, but after i had the bumper off i decided to one day. i never noticed any thing different..

-Thomas
86SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
awillie15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fteightysix View Post
I personally have a Injen on my car, At the evasive dyno day beginning of last year i put more power down then anyone else but one guy on a race gas mix and he got me by 1 hp, also the FI cars. i just had a EVO3 cat back and the injen. I don't have any issues, no stumble, no bog, no drive ability issues, and its by far the one we sell the most of.. after it would be the Greddy then perrin..

I didn't remove mine originally, but after i had the bumper off i decided to one day. i never noticed any thing different..

-Thomas
Thanks Thomas, thats good to know. Ive never had any problems on other cars I've had or seen with injen systems, just curious as the snorkel goes. I may or may not remove it, it is easy to remove with the number still in place? Ive read on here that some people have done that, have you had personal experience removing it with the number still attached?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
awillie15

Garage
Bumper* Sorry haha
Old 09-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
86SPEED

Drives: The silvertrooper 10 series
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awillie15 View Post
Thanks Thomas, thats good to know. Ive never had any problems on other cars I've had or seen with injen systems, just curious as the snorkel goes. I may or may not remove it, it is easy to remove with the number still in place? Ive read on here that some people have done that, have you had personal experience removing it with the number still attached?
Ive never tried.. Ive had my bumper off so much that i can have it off and back on with a light change in under 30 mins.. so its easy cakes for me

-Thomas
86SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
KVDB31

Drives: 2013 FR-S Asphault
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fteightysix View Post

+1 for me... it was awesome with snorkel, awesome without snorkel
TSW Nurburgring 18x8, BFG Comp-2 235/40, KW V3's w/ Vorshlags, ECUTek by Evasive, Injen intake, FT86 Header, Motiv OP/DP, Nameless Axleback, 4.88 Weir gears, Subaru Legacy GT brakes, Five Axis spoiler, Shark Fin, 3000k HID's, LED goodies
KVDB31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KVDB31 For This Useful Post:
86SPEED (09-07-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #9
awillie15

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVDB31 View Post
+1 for me... it was awesome with snorkel, awesome without snorkel
Thanks for the info. And thanks Thomas also! Ill install it with the snorkel and then if i ever take my bumper off ill take it off. But many have said no difference so I don't think its worth the trouble of taking the bumper off at this point haha