follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-05-2021, 10:58 PM   #1
krazer

Drives: 2015 White BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit with OFT?

Hey Guys, I have a couple of questions in regards to the OFT and delicious tuning flex fuel kit.

1) Are there any OTS tunes for this? I see all the stages on OFT website but there’s no flex fuel option

2) how does the delicious tuning kit work? If there’s no OTS tune? I’ve been thinking of running OFT and a flex fuel kit with stock headers.

Thanks!
krazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:33 PM   #2
Gloonge

Drives: 2013 frs raven
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazer View Post
Hey Guys, I have a couple of questions in regards to the OFT and delicious tuning flex fuel kit.

1) Are there any OTS tunes for this? I see all the stages on OFT website but there’s no flex fuel option

2) how does the delicious tuning kit work? If there’s no OTS tune? I’ve been thinking of running OFT and a flex fuel kit with stock headers.

Thanks!

Oft requires a flex kit that ties into the evap sensor and not the O2 sensor and can only be done on pre 17 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gloonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:05 AM   #3
krazer

Drives: 2015 White BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloonge View Post
Oft requires a flex kit that ties into the evap sensor and not the O2 sensor and can only be done on pre 17 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, I have a 2015, so the Delicious tuning is out of the question? OFT discontinued theirs, is there an obvious choice for evap sensor kits?
krazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:44 PM   #4
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Cool, I have a 2015, so the Delicious tuning is out of the question? OFT discontinued theirs, is there an obvious choice for evap sensor kits?
Delicious sells an OFT compatible variant of their Flex Fuel sensor.
As to your question about where to get the tune, idk I've asked Delicious about a tune for OFT and they said to check with OFT. But, like you, I've noticed that OFT doesn't have a Flex Fuel tune listed among their tune files. That was as far as I've gotten.
pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:25 PM   #5
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
You'll have to get a custom tune via OFT or a third party person (I.E. Steve, Wayno, etc). If you buy the OFT FF kit from OFT, it should come with a tune. It's all personal preference IMO. The specific features (like AN fittings or specific fuel lines) and the possible coding maybe different, but at the end, all the kits are just designed to read the hz signal coming from the flex fuel sensor and converting it to a 0.5-4.5v or a 0-5v signal for the ecu/tune to read.
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:44 PM   #6
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Thanks!
  1. No. There are no free "OTS" tunes for flex fuel; only fixed fuel map tunes (91/93 only, e85 only). If you want one on, even for OFT, you typically have to pay somebody. Either that, or someone generous will give you theirs.
  2. The Delicious Tuning OFT Flex Fuel Kit is just the Sensor and supporting hardware (sensor, connectors, lines, mounting bracket). You still have to go get a software (tune) from a different shop/tuner who works with and supports OFT (See #1).
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:46 PM   #7
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
You have to email Shiv...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope View Post
Delicious sells an OFT compatible variant of their Flex Fuel sensor.
As to your question about where to get the tune, idk I've asked Delicious about a tune for OFT and they said to check with OFT. But, like you, I've noticed that OFT doesn't have a Flex Fuel tune listed among their tune files. That was as far as I've gotten.
I've been running an OFT flex fuel tune (slightly modified by me) for a few years now.

I also have a copy of the original tune that was developed by Zeke (ZTAN) out of australia that Shiv based their flex fuel tune on.

You have to email Shiv and give him some details, what year your car is and whether it's auto or manual, which sensor your flex fuel uses, what voltage represents gas and what voltage represents Ethanol, etc...

I created my own flex fuel kit by programming an arduino to convert frequency from a GM flex fuel sensor into voltage and then I got a visconti plug n play flex fuel harness used on Ebay. My total costs for flex fuel were 156 dollars if I remember correctly. I have a thread on here somewhere about it.

Jaden

edit: Here is the link to my thread on my flex fuel setup.
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...aden+flex+fuel

Last edited by Jaden; 03-10-2021 at 11:59 PM.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:29 AM   #8
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Ive tuned a couple of cars useing deliceous oft flex kits on onpensource flex tunes.

1. car m ust be pre 2017 model ie pre facelift ( else you need ecutek)
2. You must connect signal wire to evap on ecu connectpr A35 pin 20 and disconnect the original connection if isa\canada car on euro cars no connection on that pin.
3. as the deliceous kit sources power from rear 02 connector and does not have a feed through connection , the rear 02 is disconnected so it needs to be completly disabled tune ie all DTC codes and all rear 02 fuel compensations disabled.

If you need it tuned can help you jist message me
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Jaden (03-14-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 10:04 PM   #9
plaintexttrader

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
3. as the deliceous kit sources power from rear 02 connector and does not have a feed through connection , the rear 02 is disconnected so it needs to be completly disabled tune ie all DTC codes and all rear 02 fuel compensations disabled.
Steve, I'm also trying to install the Delicious Tuning FF kit with OFT.

If I don't want to modify the tune, can I buy O2 extension cables and make my own pass through for power?
plaintexttrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:07 PM   #10
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaintexttrader View Post
Steve, I'm also trying to install the Delicious Tuning FF kit with OFT.

If I don't want to modify the tune, can I buy O2 extension cables and make my own pass through for power?

yes you could , need passthrough for every connection
Old 04-05-2021, 01:51 PM   #11
plaintexttrader

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
yes you could , need passthrough for every connection
yeah so I bought an rear o2 extension passthrough cable, solder the red and black wires for the module's power. Connected the evap signal wire and now it seems to be working correctly. Thanks.

The oft kit should have came with a passthrough (as I checked with Shiv and he said not to delete the rear o2 signal). Too bad the guys at DT weren't very helpful
plaintexttrader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plaintexttrader For This Useful Post:
steve99 (04-07-2021)
Old 05-25-2021, 11:22 AM   #12
GSM

Drives: looking for a FRS
so you're telling me you need something else besides the OFT tune to run E85 in a pre2017 FRS???
GSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:22 PM   #13
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM View Post
so you're telling me you need something else besides the OFT tune to run E85 in a pre2017 FRS???
If you are running only E85 you don't need anything extra.
Old 05-27-2021, 05:16 AM   #14
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM View Post

If you want to run e85 only you just nned tune

if you want to run ghe full flex fuel setup where car auto adjists for any mix of petrol and e85 you need a flex fuel tune and flex fuel sensor kit

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120397

also see my post further back in this thread