follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #43
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
sorry to you both. I'm still mad that I backed into my neighbors blazer a few weeks ago. It was 7am (early for me) and my back window had rain all over it. didn't see anything back there and proceeded to give gas like nothing was behind me...blammo! FML
my car looks okay from a normal distance. When I look at it up close the paint is all cracked in a 16 inch line where the bumper bubbled in impact. My husband made fun of me all day for this one. That stopped when I told him I'd use his paycheck to fix it.
sorry to you both for your bad mornings
ftc~brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ftc~brz For This Useful Post:
M-17 (06-29-2013), sklimo (06-28-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #44
Seraph
0_o

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ, 1995 Black M3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoWn3d_0704 View Post
My biggest annoyance is when someone parks next to me. I live in Oregon, and no one here can drive. At all.

I watch one woman sideswipe two different cars within 30 seconds of each other at 11 PM in McDonalds parking lot trying to park a Suburban. I had to get pen and paper and give the plate numbers to TWO CARS in a nearly empty parking lot. Some people.

In my part of Oregon, there are zero nice cars. Some nice Mercedes or BMWs, a couple low end Porches, but nothing crazy nice, so when people around here see my BRZ THEY ALWAYS park near. I can park out in nowhere and have at least 3 cars near me when I come back.

Once was a pretty nice and new Corvette. I didn't mind that, he probably felt safe next to someone who actually gives a crap about their car.
I don't get it but I'll go park in the middle of a wide open stretch in our parking structure and someone (usually a minivan) will inevitably pass up the empty spots and park next to me ...I think they need some sort of reference to park their cars. @___@

So now I go out of my way to park between two already parked cars if it looks like they care about their cars or they left a huge spot between them....

My bad morning a few weeks ago only involved a speeding ticket...which pales in comparison to that dent and spilled shake in the trunk! Sucks =/
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
M-17 (06-29-2013), sklimo (06-28-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #45
PoWn3d_0704

Drives: 1990 BNR32 GTR
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftc~brz View Post
sorry to you both. I'm still mad that I backed into my neighbors blazer a few weeks ago. It was 7am (early for me) and my back window had rain all over it. didn't see anything back there and proceeded to give gas like nothing was behind me...blammo! FML
my car looks okay from a normal distance. When I look at it up close the paint is all cracked in a 16 inch line where the bumper bubbled in impact. My husband made fun of me all day for this one. That stopped when I told him I'd use his paycheck to fix it.
sorry to you both for your bad mornings
You mean YOU hit someone with YOUR BRZ? Man. I don't think I could ever let that one down.

Build Album:
PoWn3d's BRZ Pictures

Build Thread: PoWn3d's BRZ
PoWn3d_0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #46
<3myScubby

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
my bad day

My rear view mirror fell off of my 2 week old BRZ. Scratched the dash and dented the Navigation. Thank God it's covered under warranty. Still took like 2 weeks in the shop before it was finished, and it was dirty as shit when I picked it up with 50 extra miles on it that wasn't on it when I dropped it off. Subaru of Chandler left a bad taste in my mouth.
<3myScubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:12 AM   #47
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Haha, today I was coming back from a grocery store and my sister put a glass bottle of sauce in the trunk... guess what happened next. Welp!

We paid an immediate visit to a car wash and had the back shampooed. It still smells of sauce a bit :\

On a more positive note, we de-badged it today! The back end looks much cleaner. Now, time to red out the tails to complete the cleanage...
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #48
brzninja

Drives: 2015 WRB WRX Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthrithor View Post
Haha, today I was coming back from a grocery store and my sister put a glass bottle of sauce in the trunk...
Depending on the sauce would affect my level of disappointment.

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a General Tso smelling interior....
Old 06-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #49
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZfan View Post
You mean to tell us that some jerks had switched wheels with you and you are now stuck with those godawful blue ones?
They're a lot nicer than you think.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
sklimo (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #50
AVodka14

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
To the OP: did you mix the shake with milk or water. Milk will make things that much worse. Yet as everyone else has said to just clean it ASAP. I would keep the trunk open after cleaning to let it air out for a few hours at least.

The door dent has the blue people of WV hand's all over it. Think the lord for the technology of body shops to return to pre-morbid status.

Lessons I have learned when getting body work done:

1.) Always document your mileage when dropping off. (Time and date stamped)
2.) Take picture of interior/exterior. (Time and date stamped)
3.) Assess thoroughly before driving off the lot. (I have had them take my cars right back when shit was not right)
4.) There should be no reason for an extra 50 miles on a car. (Time to talk to the manager and demand compensation of some sort). And I guarantee those 50 miles were not joy riding...

Conclusion, idiots are everywhere and the more protective you are of your car. Chances of damage increase (Murphy's Law).

Newness doesn't last forever :-(
AVodka14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AVodka14 For This Useful Post:
sklimo (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #51
brzninja

Drives: 2015 WRB WRX Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVodka14 View Post
To the OP: did you mix the shake with milk or water. Milk will make things that much worse. Yet as everyone else has said to just clean it ASAP. I would keep the trunk open after cleaning to let it air out for a few hours at least.

I soaked up most of it with some rags I had on me but couldn't clean it thoroughly until I got home. Thankfully I hate milk, so I did use water! So instead of sour chocolate smell it just has a faint chocolate smell now.

I let it air out for a few hours but I dropped the $60 some dollars on the plastic cargo mat to replace it. Been meaning to anyway.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #52
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzninja View Post
Depending on the sauce would affect my level of disappointment.

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a General Tso smelling interior....
I spilled egg roll sauce in my interior, you should try that for air freshener
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radroach For This Useful Post:
Ganthrithor (06-30-2013), Xeerohour (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #53
Xeerohour

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by <3myScubby View Post
My rear view mirror fell off of my 2 week old BRZ. Scratched the dash and dented the Navigation. Thank God it's covered under warranty. Still took like 2 weeks in the shop before it was finished, and it was dirty as shit when I picked it up with 50 extra miles on it that wasn't on it when I dropped it off. Subaru of Chandler left a bad taste in my mouth.
I wonder if this is a real problem for Subarus. Just before I bought my BRZ, I test drove a WRX. As I got into it with the salesman and started it, the rear view fell off and landed on the dash. He had me drive it to the service area and I took out a different WRX.

Obviously I still liked the BRZ enough I bought it, but it definitely was one of those "wait a second..." moments.
Xeerohour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #54
br_z1Lch

Drives: 2013 BRZ(swp) Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeerohour View Post
Just before I bought my BRZ, I test drove a WRX. As I got into it with the salesman and started it, the rear view fell off and landed on the dash. He had me drive it to the service area and I took out a different WRX.
HAHAH...I can only imagine his face when this happened.
br_z1Lch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #55
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I wonder if this is a real problem for Subarus. Just before I bought my BRZ, I test drove a WRX. As I got into it with the salesman and started it, the rear view fell off and landed on the dash. He had me drive it to the service area and I took out a different WRX.

Obviously I still liked the BRZ enough I bought it, but it definitely was one of those "wait a second..." moments.
Just be glad it's not a Lotus :P
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #56
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

Someone in prep screwed up, just like with my car's and other peoples' BRZ chassis plugs.
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote