follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
mach330

Drives: Ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
FA20CLUB ecutek flash

Just doing a quick vendor and product review.

Finally got my kit this weekend. I'm pretty new at this ecu thing and of course I start off on a bad note by programming with engine on!

FA20club to the rescue. he contacted ecutek and got me a new license to flash the following day. Wow!

Car is truly amazing. Much more responsive. I drove the car in stock form to work in the morning then before going home I flashed stg1 for comparison. Instantly the car was just different. So much responsive throughout the power band and torque dip was hardly noticeable. I had to constantly control myself before I let this car rip in the public streets. I thought my tires spun easily before,it's even worse now.

My Perrin catback and drop in filter should be arriving shortly. Cant wait to try this combo on the modded tune map.

Best mod so far. Worth every penny especially with great support like this. If anyone in socal needs a cable, I'll be happy to help you out for a couple of rounds of beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by mach330; 10-03-2012 at 01:57 AM.
mach330 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mach330 For This Useful Post:
86pro (08-07-2013), JPxM0Dz (10-03-2012), travace (10-03-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
time to visit the dyno! haha

how much did it cost you including the cable?
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 86_ZN6 For This Useful Post:
20valvewynn83 (10-03-2012), travace (10-03-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #3
Norcalmav23

Drives: SWP Limited manual BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach330 View Post

Finally got my kit this weekend. I'm pretty new at this ecu thing and of course I start off on a bad note by programming with engine on!

FA20club to the rescue. he contacted ecutek and got me a new license to flash the following day. Wow!

Car is truly amazing. Much more responsive. I drove the car in stock form to work in the morning then before going home I flashed stg1 for comparison. Instantly the car was just different. So much responsive throughout the power band and torque dip was hardly noticeable. I had to constantly control myself before I let this car rip in the public streets. I thought my tires spun easily before,mits even worse now.

My Perrin catback and dropmin filter should be arriving shortly. Cant wait to try this combo on the modded tune map.

Best mod so far. Worth every penny especially with great support like this. If anyone in socal needs a cable, I'll be happy to help you out for a couple of rounds of beer.

I've put about 2k miles on my brz with visconti stg 1, perrin cb, and drop in filter lol. You will love it, may not be quite as loud as you want, but it is moderate yet awesome. Power wise, compared to a completely stock car... it was VERY improved. Enjoy it! I am installing the perrin light weight pulley in a week or two.
Norcalmav23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Norcalmav23 For This Useful Post:
peachch (08-07-2013)
Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
mach330

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86_ZN6 View Post
time to visit the dyno! haha

how much did it cost you including the cable?
Yeah I gotta find a dyno place.

$800. It would normally be $775 but I didn't want to wait a week.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
mach330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
I've put about 2k miles on my brz with visconti stg 1, perrin cb, and drop in filter lol. You will love it, may not be quite as loud as you want, but it is moderate yet awesome. Power wise, compared to a completely stock car... it was VERY improved. Enjoy it! I am installing the perrin light weight pulley in a week or two.
Did you put on the mods with Visconti right away or stock first. I wanted to know if the cb and filter along with modded tune made another small diff compare with stock tuned.

Did u get resonated or unresonated? I'm ok with a bit quiet as long as I can hear it when driven hard. I don't want cops pulling me over here in la (although I can get get it written off). Just hate being hassled.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 AM   #6
Chillz

Drives: Asphalt FR-S & S14
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm interested in a tune & cable, however, I can't seem to open their tune thread in the classifieds section.
Chillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
lbroskee

Drives: 2023 WRB BRZ (MT)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
800 dude? it says it's 600 on their site
lbroskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
Chillz

Drives: Asphalt FR-S & S14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
800 dude? it says it's 600 on their site
$600 doesn't include the cable.
Chillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
lbroskee

Drives: 2023 WRB BRZ (MT)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
oo so basically i'd get the cable 2 and from then on i can do all my updates, flash back to stock, and all that good stuff from home and never need the shop again?
lbroskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
WhiteFR-S

Drives: 2013 BRZ MT WRB
Where do you buy this? I can't figure it out.
WhiteFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
travace

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach330 View Post

Car is truly amazing. Much more responsive. I drove the car in stock form to work in the morning then before going home I flashed stg1 for comparison. Instantly the car was just different. So much responsive throughout the power band and torque dip was hardly noticeable. I had to constantly control myself before I let this car rip in the public streets. I thought my tires spun easily before,it's even worse now.

My Perrin catback and drop in filter should be arriving shortly. Cant wait to try this combo on the modded tune map.

im glad it got worked out so fast for you. i have never done a flash on any car... is it pretty easy and straight forward? besides the car on part of course
travace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
mach330

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
oo so basically i'd get the cable 2 and from then on i can do all my updates, flash back to stock, and all that good stuff from home and never need the shop again?
Basically yes. I like having the flexibility to flash whenever I like. Especially when I go to dealer for some work. I would flash back to stock and not wait for a loaner cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFR-S View Post
Where do you buy this? I can't figure it out.
manual?
http://www.fa20club.com/product.php?...=&bestseller=Y

There's a auto version I guess too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travace View Post
im glad it got worked out so fast for you. i have never done a flash on any car... is it pretty easy and straight forward? besides the car on part of course
It's not that bad. the only thing was that there's no instruction on step by step. it would be nice if there was. I just followed the step on the visconti thread.

Basically you download a software and some drivers on your pc. I used my macbook air with windows 7 loaded. You get a usbTOobd2 (that's the extra cable you purchase), and a usb dongle (which is some sort of license). You'lll need that number on the usb dongle to send to them (fa20club) so he can send you your ROM (stock rom to flash whenever you go back to dealer, and a tuned ROM). Then you need to load this rom to the software so you can flash in your car. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillz View Post
I'm interested in a tune & cable, however, I can't seem to open their tune thread in the classifieds section.
Im going to be opening up a new thread soon until then anyone interested can just pm me.
FA20Club.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #14
Howardwei

Drives: BRZ
do you always flash back when you go to the dealer? even for the first 3 free oil change?
I have never tune a car before. are the steps pretty self-explanatory?
Howardwei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecutek, tune