follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-06-2019, 03:49 AM   #1
kev0

Drives: '14
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lit symbols in dashboard after flashing Xero Limit tune

Flashed the base tune from Xero-Limit running. Car had trouble starting up. Engine turns over but RPM’s go down to like, 0. Engines dead quiet. I have to give it steady gas for about 10 seconds to keep it alive and it will eventually stay alive but my idle RPMs are around 400-600. My ABS (C1288) and ECM (P0171) codes are on. My oil pressure lamp flickers on faintly and sometimes remain on.
My ABS and Traction Control lights are on as well. None of these lights were on before installing my Supercharger. Car drives fine even though dash is lit like the Vegas strip.

Is this meant to happen due to the base tune or is something seriously messed up with my car?

Besides the SC install (Sprintex 210), I also had a Flex fuel kit installed. My installer used the rear o2 sensor from my catless header with the flex fuel kit.

https://datazap.me/u/kev0/base-tune?log=0&data=3-21
kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:29 AM   #2
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
it's messed up. Probably the tuner doesn't care about doing it right.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:50 AM   #3
secho

Drives: GT86, forged and supercharged
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
Flashed the base tune from Xero-Limit running. Car had trouble starting up. Engine turns over but RPM’s go down to like, 0. Engines dead quiet. I have to give it steady gas for about 10 seconds to keep it alive and it will eventually stay alive but my idle RPMs are around 400-600. My ABS (C1288) and ECM (P0171) codes are on. My oil pressure lamp flickers on faintly and sometimes remain on.

My ABS and Traction Control lights are on as well. None of these lights were on before installing my Supercharger. Car drives fine even though dash is lit like the Vegas strip.

Is this meant to happen due to the base tune or is something seriously messed up with my car?

Besides the SC install (Sprintex 210), I also had a Flex fuel kit installed. My installer used the rear o2 sensor from my catless header with the flex fuel kit.

https://datazap.me/u/kev0/base-tune?log=0&data=3-21
Boost leak? You have got super-positive fuel trims. Port injectors are OEM? What about MAP? 3bars? Was the callibration changed to suite?
secho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secho For This Useful Post:
kev0 (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 05:02 AM   #4
kev0

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
it's messed up. Probably the tuner doesn't care about doing it right.
I hope that's not the case.. spent $850 on the tune including the ecutek cable and license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secho View Post
Boost leak? You have got super-positive fuel trims. Port injectors are OEM? What about MAP? 3bars? Was the callibration changed to suite?
Stock PI, MAP. Not sure about the callibration, I'd assume that is my tuner's job.

The brake pedal feels soooo hard to press down.. Not sure if that's tune related.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:07 AM   #5
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
I hope that's not the case.. spent $850 on the tune including the ecutek cable and license.

Stock PI, MAP. Not sure about the callibration, I'd assume that is my tuner's job.

The brake pedal feels soooo hard to press down.. Not sure if that's tune related.
not tune related
your installer did a mess, around brake booster also
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
kev0 (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 05:09 AM   #6
secho

Garage
Quote:

If brake pedal is hard to press = incorrectly connected vacuum hose. Check if your brake vacuum hose is connected after throttle body. Then, FA20 engine has two crank ventilation ports, one with pcv valve, should be connected after throttle body to intake manifold as well for high vacuum, and low vacuum ventilation is before the trottle body. If you have it misaligned or wrongly connected you might have vacuum leak somewhere causing you engine is running very lean and fueltrims are maxed.
The Following User Says Thank You to secho For This Useful Post:
kev0 (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 05:21 AM   #7
kev0

Quote:
Originally Posted by secho View Post
If brake pedal is hard to press = incorrectly connected vacuum hose. Check if your brake vacuum hose is connected after throttle body. Then, FA20 engine has two crank ventilation ports, one with pcv valve, should be connected after throttle body to intake manifold as well for high vacuum, and low vacuum ventilation is before the trottle body. If you have it misaligned or wrongly connected you might have vacuum leak somewhere causing you engine is running very lean and fueltrims are maxed.
Thank you sir. Could misaligned hoses also cause the P0171 code?
Old 07-06-2019, 06:50 AM   #8
secho

Garage
Quote:
Thank you sir. Could misaligned hoses also cause the P0171 code?
P0171 meens too lean.. so, it is possible consequence.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #9
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
You have like 10 different threads created over your messed up install. With people just repeating the same things over and over for you to check and fix. It’s essentially just a manifold swap not that many things to check or that could go wrong. If you haven’t resolved this yet then honestly at this point tow it to a reputable shop and have them reinstall/fix it instead of having your friend install it before you do irreversible permanent damage to your car.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
Icecreamtruk (07-07-2019), kev0 (07-06-2019), soundman98 (07-06-2019), Tcoat (07-06-2019), tomm.brz (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #10
Mr.ac
[insert cool phrase here]

Drives: BRZ Premium
Thanked 1,558 Times in 930 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Remember when I said to always buy new?
And when you buy used you'll always buy someone else's headache?

Good luck, I hope you get it fixed.
Mr.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.ac For This Useful Post:
kev0 (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #11
kev0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
You have like 10 different threads created over your messed up install. With people just repeating the same things over and over for you to check and fix. It’s essentially just a manifold swap not that many things to check or that could go wrong. If you haven’t resolved this yet then honestly at this point tow it to a reputable shop and have them reinstall/fix it instead of having your friend install it before you do irreversible permanent damage to your car.
Yeah that's true, but installer's my buddy and I wanted to pay and support my buddy than a shop, but I've learned my lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ac View Post
Remember when I said to always buy new?
And when you buy used you'll always buy someone else's headache?

Good luck, I hope you get it fixed.
Yes, I remember, but the SC kit itself has no problems. Just ran into some problems after the installation.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #12
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah that's true, but installer's my buddy and I wanted to pay and support my buddy than a shop, but I've learned my lesson.

Yes, I remember, but the SC kit itself has no problems. Just ran into some problems after the installation.

More than "just running into problems" when you have to make so many threads about your botched install. If you have money take it to a reputable shop now and get it fixed and a proper tune created. You're working with someone that's clueless.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #13
Mr.ac
[insert cool phrase here]

Drives: BRZ Premium
Thanked 1,558 Times in 930 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:

Not yet *knock on wook* hopefully I wish I can be proven wrong.
Good luck buddy.
Mr.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #14
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
This is the problem with involving family/friends in your own hobbies. Now you gave him a chance, he screwed up, give it to someone who knows what they're doing. If he's a good guy, he'll own up to it and learn, if he's a petulant child, he'll blame you for the entire ordeal.