follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Pure Automotive

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Thanked 1,952 Times in 650 Posts
Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*Pure Automotive Performance: Project Whiteout FRS Build Thread*

Hello all,

My name's Brady, I'm the owner of Pure Automotive Performance. I'll be using this thread to steer and record our shop car build. We're located in Millersville, MD. I've owned a lot of cars including numerous Civics,Integras, Preludes, a VW GTI, an S2000, an 09 Civic Si, and an 04 Subaru STI. This FRS reminds me a lot of the feel of my STI and is a blast to drive. I have a 4 year background in drag racing, my other shop car was a 680hp Honda Civic with a best ET of 10.29@ 150mph that was still streetable enough to take it out once a week for local car meets. So this is going to be a new experience and I'm very excited about it!

First things first, what are my goals?

-Daily driveability: I want the car to remain comfortable and reliable enough to drive around town and enjoy it, I don't believe in dyno queens!

-Functionality: I don't enjoy dodging every speed bump and driveway I come across because my car is slammed to the ground with massive and expensive lips and valences.

-Usable power: I want the car to have a nice power band that makes good power and torque across the RPM range, I don't want an oversized turbo with lag for days or a massive jump when power finally comes in near redline. I'm looking for around 350hp, quarter mile times in the 12 second range, and one fun street car!

-Stock look: I want to keep the general appearance of the car near factory, I'll dress it up and do tasteful modifications that I like but nothing extreme.

-Quality parts: I'm doing my best to research everything to its full extent and be careful about which parts I choose, this may take a few trial and error tests but that will be avoided as much as possible.

-Realistic Scenario: This is the most important to me. I love the biggest baddest cars out there, I love to go to a race and watch the fastest guys in the world break records and go crazy. BUT, I didn't win the lottery and I don't own a 10 year old company that grosses a million dollars a year, I'm an average Joe. I want to build a car that does all these things above and makes good power, but if a customer wants their car to be just as fun and fast, I want them to be able to have an attainable goal that doesn't require them spending their life savings to achieve. So if you're in here to watch somebody blow $20k, you're in the wrong thread, Jack! Enjoy!

Updates: Sorry it's been a while, been busy!
-Removed the factory noise generator tube and intake chambers, capped off the holes, installed a K&N filter - This is my temporary solution until I get started with forced induction.

-Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - I chose to go with these for a 3 reasons: 1. They're affordable, and for my goals, they are all I need 2. They're tried and true, Eibach has been around for a long time and have always made a quality product IMO and 3. They drop the car 1"-1.2", just enough to eliminate some of the factory wheel gap without making the car a pain to drive.

-Agency Power Over Pipe, Front Pipe, and Cat Back- Everyone that hears it in person says it is the best sound they've heard yet!
Catback

Front/Over Pipe

Video
http://s1273.beta.photobucket.com/us...1ae62.mp4.html

New Tires are Here, New Wheels are on they way!
Full Blown Motorsports Turbo Kit is next!

Stay Tuned!

Last edited by Pure Automotive; 01-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Pure Automotive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pure Automotive For This Useful Post:
OmarGC (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Coastermikey

Drives: BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ur car came in I see, holla!!
Coastermikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
6-Shift
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Raven, Drifty things
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Any specific parts you're looking at adding at this point?
6-Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Rokkinpo

Drives: 2013 Hot lava Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Love the white can't wait see more
Rokkinpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
Pure Automotive

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout