follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-21-2019, 11:17 PM   #1
Michael41197

Drives: Scion FR-S 2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb FRS Led Conversion (Vland Headlights) Help

I recently purchased a pair of vland headlights which work perfectly fine and i've tested; however I also purchased some ebay h7 led bulbs to install with the new headlights themselves. For some reason only the drivers side led will turn on for high/lo beam and ive tried plugging in the passenger side vland headlight with the bulb that doesn't work yet it will turn on when plugging it into the drivers side wiring harness. I thought this could be caused by a wiring problem with the harness itself on the passenger side; however i even plugged in the oem halogen bulbs and harness and they wouldn't turn on so I checked the fuse box and I had a blown lo beam fuse. Ive since tried to install a new lo beam 15amp fuse and everytime i attempt to turn on my (LED) headlights the same fuse blows, and the drivers side led bulb will always stay on even with a blown fuse however the headlights themselves (DRL,TurnSignals) work perfectly fine. What is the next step i should take? Should I get a new set of LED bulbs or do you think it is a problem with the wiring? I used wire tappers to connect my Vland headlights (TurnSignal/DRL/Ground) to the factory wires that lead to the corner lights. Please help
Michael41197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:25 PM   #2
Michael41197

Drives: Scion FR-S 2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I’ve tried installing some quality led bulbs and still I get nothing from the passenger side headlight, and soddered the wires instead of using wire tappers as an update. If anyone has any input it would be much appreciated.
Michael41197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:44 PM   #3
Brz866

Drives: Series Blue WRB JRSC C38 HBP Flex
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Sounds like a good solution to your problem is a relay harness. That way you pull full power from the battery instead of the stock wiring.
Brz866 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brz866 For This Useful Post:
Pedro13 (07-06-2019)