follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #71
nab335

Drives: e92 335i, FRS, Lexus ls400
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lol nice reminds me of this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg[/ame]
still the best!

IG: nabb335
nab335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #72
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
*Edit*

I'll refrain from it. I'm not going to argue about how im right and your wrong. Ive got better things to do. Looking at turbos.
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 AM   #73
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
Ah, I see what's going on here, I'm talking with a bunch of geriatrics... Did your grandkids teach you how to use their computer so you could converse with the youth market that your car was intended for? It all makes sense now... My dad is 65, and he always tries to justify his switch to automatic cars with excuses, but we both know it's just cause he's old and lazy. But then again, you don't see him driving around a kids car, or bickering about it on forums.

Wasn't trying to provoke an argument, but if throwing insults my way makes you feel better then we can just go back and forth.
as paul newman said to fredrich march in the movie,"hombre"
i quote! "it's a shock to grow old mr.russell!" he! he! he! what difference does it make? old,or young,the car's a "hoot" to drive,and a "true" driver's car with either tranny! also,i'll bet your dad would disown ya "ass" if he heard what ya ''spewin'' ehe! he! he! either way,as the asians say, it's "suuup" to you!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #74
FRSfan111
Sideways and smiling!

Drives: First 86 FRS 5/8/2012 (second US)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nab335 View Post
lol nice reminds me of this

still the best!
My first time seeing this, EPIC!
FRSfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #75
firehawk

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
It's a giant middle finger to the horsepower war, weight gains, and computer driven performance of the modern sports car.
For decades, a loudness war has been raging in the music industry. The music we get on CDs has less and less dynamic range and more digital clipping and noise. But most people only care that they get loads of bass, so the publishers just keep at it.

But some people do care. They buy vinyl records.

And that's what the 86 is. Vinyl. Quality over quantity. You can't see it in the numbers - you just have to experience it understand.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to firehawk For This Useful Post:
dem00n (10-17-2012), einzlr (10-21-2012), ML (10-17-2012), Subie (10-17-2012), TheSt|G (10-17-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #76
ill roller

Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
as paul newman said to fredrich march in the movie,"hombre"
i quote! "it's a shock to grow old mr.russell!" he! he! he! what difference does it make? old,or young,the car's a "hoot" to drive,and a "true" driver's car with either tranny! also,i'll bet your dad would disown ya "ass" if he heard what ya ''spewin'' ehe! he! he! either way,as the asians say, it's "suuup" to you!
The difference it makes is that as people get older they get weaker and lazier, and try to justify switching from a lifetime of manual cars to automatic ones... You're not fooling anyone, automatics are boring and in no way the same or as fun as a manual, and offer nowhere near the same driving experience. I find it to be a joke that anyone would argue otherwise. Also, my dad is cenile and wouldn't know the difference, your strange laughs are creeping me out, and it seems you're a racist.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #77
naikaidriver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Asphalt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
The difference it makes is that as people get older they get weaker and lazier, and try to justify switching from a lifetime of manual cars to automatic ones... You're not fooling anyone, automatics are boring and in no way the same or as fun as a manual, and offer nowhere near the same driving experience. I find it to be a joke that anyone would argue otherwise. Also, my dad is cenile and wouldn't know the difference, your strange laughs are creeping me out, and it seems you're a racist.
I have a quote above my desk in my office that I think sums up people like you to a "T"...

"A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts or figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."
Leon Festinger; 1955

Thankfully in my 25 years of being a part of various automotive communities, people like you are the minority. Otherwise automotive enthusiasts would be much fewer in numbers than we already are.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but one day you'll get older. I just sincerely hope wisdom follows.

Scott

Last edited by naikaidriver; 10-17-2012 at 05:13 PM.
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #78
GNS

Drives: .
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Epic quality Scion thread, exactly as expected.
GNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #79
oldpueblo

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 #853
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
The first five or so cars I drove were manual and I preferred it greatly to automatics. Not because automatics were terrible or bad, I just preferred the control over the car. Then I got "older and lazier" I guess and just didn't care as much. Maybe I've grown out of the need to be absolutely connected to the car in order to properly race people on the street to boost my self esteem. I'm buying an automatic because they are still fun to drive and rate higher for MPG, and because I just don't care to have to shift all the time anymore. I'm 36.
oldpueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldpueblo For This Useful Post:
kwood9000 (10-19-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #80
ill roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
I have a quote above my desk in my office that I think sums up people like you to a "T"...

"A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts or figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point."
Leon Festinger; 1955

Thankfully in my 25 years of being a part of various automotive communities, people like you are the minority. Otherwise automotive enthusiasts would be much fewer in numbers than we already are.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but one day you'll get older. I just sincerely hope wisdom follows.

Scott
People like me? People that are capable of voicing their opinion in a discussion without getting butt hurt or dancing around the subject?

There's no lack of wisdom here, there's a lack of communication... You're not even debating the subject anymore, you're just talking about me.

In my 15 years of being a part of various automotive communities I've come across so many different types of people that I couldn't count, and to call any of them the minority would be foolish, there are just different types of people that tend to stick to different smaller groups. I think you're jaded by living in bufu Alabama, because here in Chicago the car scene is thriving. There seem to be more enthusiasts then ever as far as I'm concerned.

And thank you for informing me that I'm gonna get old... Truly life changing wisdom there.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #81
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
The first five or so cars I drove were manual and I preferred it greatly to automatics. Not because automatics were terrible or bad, I just preferred the control over the car. Then I got "older and lazier" I guess and just didn't care as much. Maybe I've grown out of the need to be absolutely connected to the car in order to properly race people on the street to boost my self esteem. I'm buying an automatic because they are still fun to drive and rate higher for MPG, and because I just don't care to have to shift all the time anymore. I'm 36.
yeah! it's the way i feel too! been shiftin' my brains out for over 40 big ones
and gotta say i'm lookin' for a change! got damn little to do with growing old,or being lazy,just getting sick of shifting all the time,and since i drove both,i determined,at least to me,that i can STILL have a ''ton" of fun with the ''slush box",and don't miss the stick at all...just sayin'

Last edited by jmaryt; 10-17-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #82
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Quote:
you attack your father? it appears you require an attitude adjustment! the reason i went ''slush" is because i feel i can have the same level of fun with the car,AND get better gas mileage too! these are two very good reasons to switch.i don't feel a loss of control at all! don't feel that i am sacrificing a
thing driving "slush",and besides,i don't really give a flying f**k WHAT you think! as far as being "old and weak" i wish you was standin' tall before me here,i'll show ya who's old and weak! heh! he! he! (laughin' my ass off at that very "obtuse" remark!) you must be one of those dunces that will vote for the "shitbag" obama,after all, you come from "gangster" city! (lol!) ehe! he! he!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #83
ill roller

Jesus fuck, are you mentally challenged?
The Following User Says Thank You to ill roller For This Useful Post:
MmmHamSandwich (01-17-2013)
Old 10-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #84
jmaryt
Banned

no,but i think you are! "numbnuts!"
don't use the lord's name in vain!
it's bad "karma" just sayin'