follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 10-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #1
Simok

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TOB problem

I beleive my throw out bearing is done. Here is a link to the video of the sound, please correct me if this is not a tob.

Car is a 2013 frs only engine mods are trd intake and catback exhaust. Car has about 65k, I had the recall done about 10k ago and did not realize I should have done the tob nor was recomended to by the dealer. But oh well mistakes were made.

So here we are. Ive read multiple posts about also replacing the clutch fork with the velox. Seems to be mixed opinions on that so Im trying to decide wether or not its worth it. Im also curious is there a reliable after market tob or is it better to just go with the updated one from toyota/subaru? Also want to replace the clutch while im there. Is it worth it to get an aftermarket oem replacement? Or even a stage 1? Same with a lightweigh flywheel? Car was a daily but is now more of a weekend car, for spirited canyon driving and possible ocassional track days. No big power upgrades planned anytime soon.

Id rather just spend a little extra money now while its going to be apart then have to worry about doing it again later. Also I like upgrades. But not if they are going to be pointless. Any help/opi ions would be greatly appreciated.
Simok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:02 AM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,819 Times in 16,427 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Yep, sounds like an aging TOB.

I'd suggest you replace the TOB with the OEM improved one, replace the clutch and pressure plate with OEM parts and replace the clutch fork with an aftermarket one.
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote