follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 08-09-2022, 06:35 PM   #183
BioRebel

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
So they only deserve a "living wage" for their jobs? Do you earn more than a "living wage?" Would you like to? Who is your customer? Do you charge them a penny more for your services than is enough to provide you with a "living wage"?
Sales reps get paid by the dealership not the customer.

Look, I'm not gonna get engaged with this shit on a car forum. It's not worth my time.

Life isn't a zero sum game
I just want to buy a car, part of my reason for picking this car is the price. Having to go to 10 different dealerships to figure out which one isn't going to try and screw me over is a pretty fucking shitty experience. For most people on this forum sales reps aren't adding to the buying experience, they only detract.
Also they ALL have shit in their contracts that let them pull the rug on you. So putting this all on the buyer is bullshit.
BioRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BioRebel For This Useful Post:
Desertnate (08-16-2022), Jdogg88 (08-10-2022), Lonewolf (08-10-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 09:13 PM   #184
WRBRZk

Drives: potential 2023 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickunfut View Post
See if you can get them to sell you an extended warranty, gap, or wheel insurance for the same price. You can cancel after the deal and get your money back. I'd bet they won't swap the "rust spray" for these though but it's worth a shot.
This, luckily they were willing to swap it out for a 8 year/84k km extended warranty. I am picking it up Thursday.
WRBRZk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WRBRZk For This Useful Post:
CaptainFenderbaum (08-09-2022), chickunfut (08-10-2022), CincyJohn (08-10-2022), Tcoat (08-10-2022), Thatllbuffout (08-09-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 10:50 AM   #185
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRBRZk View Post
This, luckily they were willing to swap it out for a 8 year/84k km extended warranty. I am picking it up Thursday.
Sounds great. Glad it worked out for you.
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CincyJohn For This Useful Post:
WRBRZk (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 10:53 AM   #186
CincyJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRebel View Post
You can't be this obtuse.

Quote:
Look, I'm not gonna get engaged with this shit on a car forum. It's not worth my time.
Then don't start shit on a car forum.

Quote:
I just want to buy a car, part of my reason for picking this car is the price. Having to go to 10 different dealerships to figure out which one isn't going to try and screw me over is a pretty fucking shitty experience. For most people on this forum sales reps aren't adding to the buying experience, they only detract.
Also they ALL have shit in their contracts that let them pull the rug on you. So putting this all on the buyer is bullshit.
I hope you are as young as you seem.

Although you do make one good argument, namely that in this day and age, maybe dealerships shouldn't exist at all. At the very least, there should be direct buying options for those that don't want to pay for dealership "services" related to the car buying experience (you could say the same thing about real estate agents). I totally agree. And some manufacturers are moving that direction - its just taking longer than it should. But while the dealerships exist and must be used (or are an option), the way to "beat" the dealership pricing model is to use the one that provides you with the service you want at the price you want.
CaptainFenderbaum (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 11:05 AM   #187
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

But where does the dealership get the money to pay the salesman?

Nobody is putting things on the buyer but they do have a part in it. As long as there are people that will pay the markup/unrequested add ons/extra fees instead of walking away the dealers will continue to do it. The high demand for the cars makes this even worse since the crappy dealers know that SOMEBODY will go for whatever they throw out there. Any dealer that found themselves without sales because of shady dealings will eventually get with the program or go out of business. The sad part is that the dealership (and therefore the salesman) make very little on the actual car or the add ons. For a salesman to lose a sale for the $50 they make on that $1500 Bright and Clear Super Duper Special Ultra Shine package really should hurt.
My wife has been in the business for decades and has never once forced a person to take an add on they didn't want. She offers and many do indeed want these things but she would not risk a sale just to arbitrarily add it.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:09 AM   #188
Tcoat

Quote:

Although you do make one good argument, namely that in this day and age, maybe dealerships shouldn't exist at all. At the very least, there should be direct buying options for those that don't want to pay for dealership "services" related to the car buying experience (you could say the same thing about real estate agents). I totally agree. And some manufacturers are moving that direction - its just taking longer than it should. But while the dealerships exist and must be used (or are an option), the way to "beat" the dealership pricing model is to use the one that provides you with the service you want at the price you want.
Ahhh but do people really think that things like delivery, admin, documentation (isn't that admin?) etc. fees will just disappear if ordered directly from the manufacturer?
Pretty safe to say that they won't. Do people think they will all of sudden get cars for wholesale prices because there is no dealership involved? Nope again.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:02 PM   #189
CincyJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Ahhh but do people really think that things like delivery, admin, documentation (isn't that admin?) etc. fees will just disappear if ordered directly from the manufacturer?
Pretty safe to say that they won't. Do people think they will all of sudden get cars for wholesale prices because there is no dealership involved? Nope again.
True - but there should be a difference in price related to the service needed. More importantly, the costs/fees/etc. will/should be standardized. For the most part, as with many things, people often care less about the absolute amount they are paying than they do about feeling like they aren't getting a bad deal compared to others and seeing dealer service charges wrapped up in some B.S. product/service that is obviously overpriced.

Of course, people also need to realize there is a trade off as there are certainly services good dealers provide that most customers don't realize they are getting - basically operating as a go-between between the customers and manufacturers.
Tcoat (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 02:59 PM   #190
BioRebel

Drives: Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
This is a strawman argument. I'm not looking to pay less than $30k, I'm looking to pay $30k and not have to fight with someone about it.

Quote:
I'm not talking about beating some pricing model, I'm talking about paying the advertised price for a car. $30k for this car is absolutely a major selling point. Dealerships marking shit up to $40k or putting last minute "dealer add-ons" onto the car and charging you for it is what kills a car. Thats what killed the focus RS
BioRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BioRebel For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (08-10-2022), Tcoat (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 03:12 PM   #191
Tcoat

Quote:
Quote:
This is a strawman argument. I'm not looking to pay less than $30k, I'm looking to pay $30k and not have to fight with someone
How is it a strawman when I was directly referencing a totally related statement that I quoted?
I wasn't even referencing your statement.
For the record between my wife and I we have bought 14 new cars over the last 25 years and have never once had to fight with a dealer to get the deal we wanted. If you have to fight with every dealer to get what you want maybe, just maybe, it isn't them that is the issue!
Old 08-10-2022, 04:48 PM   #192
hepmama

Drives: 2019 BRZ with PP, 2023 BRZ Limited
Got my 2023 Limited MT today.
Attached Images

hepmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hepmama For This Useful Post:
AK2112 (08-10-2022), DarkSunrise (08-10-2022), DNAcomposition (08-10-2022), Lonewolf (08-10-2022), Tcoat (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 06:59 PM   #193
BirgeyT1
too soon jr

Drives: 2014 Sterling Silver BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hepmama View Post
I’m sooooo jealous
Old 08-10-2022, 07:48 PM   #194
AK2112

Drives: 22 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hepmama View Post
Looks awesome!
AK2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AK2112 For This Useful Post:
hepmama (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 08:35 PM   #195
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Love all the white knighting for greedy stealerships and their sleazy salespeople who will lie, deflect, and engage in pathetic psychological games (Upto game, Four square, etc.) to try to get you to pay more...

Sales people generally add nothing positive (except a higher OTD cost) to any of the experiences I've had buying cars. I always know more about the car and its features, I always walk in pre-qualified with excellent credit if I'm not paying all cash, and having to wait while the salespeople "talk" with their manager/sales manager/gm every time we are trying to reach a fair deal is a waste of time.

This is why I only now deal with sales managers/internet sales over email (IN WRITING) so the dealership employees can't make-up random excuses for why the price is suddenly higher, that they made a mistake with the numbers, etc.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
BioRebel (08-11-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 09:00 PM   #196
hepmama

Drives: 2019 BRZ with PP, 2023 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirgeyT1 View Post
I’m sooooo jealous
I hope you hear about yours soon. Keep us posted!
hepmama is offline   Reply With Quote