follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-19-2021, 09:20 PM   #225
knapper

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S - Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espi View Post
First off MASSIVE THANK YOU to @Wayno

Currently running greddy snorkel, hks intake, jdl uel catted header, motiv OP, stock fp/exhaust - tuned with stage 2 - 93 cat "Default" Rom by Wayno

My experience with different tunes with above mods:

Stage 1 OFT Tune - Ran this for a little before getting my emissions and it wasn't anything special but it did give a LITTLE "something" to acceleration feel. Nothing too crazy though. Engine sounds terrible but thats the FA20 for ya outside of Stock tune

Stage 2 OFT Tune - Ran well butt dyno was okay compared to stage1. It did have some rough starts, boggle on cold shifts (6AT) and low RPMS. Down shifts sometimes was a little rough. Although the car did feel better with the stage 2 tune, it was a little rough overall and left me wanting more of a better tune. Engine still sounded kind of blah on this tune also.

Wayno Rom Stage 2 93 CAT Default Tune OFT - I feel the car pulling in certain RPM's much better and WAY smoother. Cold starts and shifts is buttery smooth, car just feels like its running so smooth and butt dyno feels more "pull/power" in certain RPMs. Its noticeable compared to Stage 2 OFT tune. The tune has really "wakened up" the car and feels punchier than ever on throttle. Cruising on highway feels and sounds much smoother also. Engine noise is much better and doesn't sound as rough as previous OFT tunes.

Thank you Wayno for your ROM! Very impressed and super thankful.

I was just in the process of looking into Wayne's roms, glad to see a recent review. Was the purchase and support OK? How long did you wait for the tune file once you purchased from the website?

I am looking to do UEL over the winter, and currently running OFT Stage 1.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:49 PM   #226
SydBRZ

Drives: MY14 BRZ, MY06 WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knapper View Post
I was just in the process of looking into Wayne's roms, glad to see a recent review. Was the purchase and support OK? How long did you wait for the tune file once you purchased from the website?

Most of the 'support' you need is actually already carefully documented on his website, in that the process to follow is laid out step-by-step.
If you follow the instructions, you can't go too far wrong. I suggest you have a bloody good read of the site.

Generally, the site answers all questions, but often you'll see Wayno answering questions here, and he responds to email. There are also many Wayneroms users answering questions here.

Purchases are usually activated within 24 hours after you send funds.
SydBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SydBRZ For This Useful Post:
J95 (11-24-2021), knapper (11-23-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 10:29 PM   #227
Espi

Drives: 17 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knapper View Post

Yep just as SydBRZ said, I ordered and for me took about 12 hours from order. Make sure you select the right CALID for your OFT/Car.

Support was fine, I just followed the instructions on the site.
Espi is offline   Reply With Quote