follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-11-2023, 02:58 PM   #911
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
They did it for noise and safety. The whole place is in an indoor range in the city limits.
Makes sense.

I don't enjoy the indoor range as much, especially with it being only 17yds. I double up with earplugs and muffs, and its still crazy loud. It's just far more convenient... 5 min drive vs. an hour.
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolffbite For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (05-22-2023), Wally86 (05-12-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 03:12 PM   #912
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,907 Times in 11,362 Posts
Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffbite View Post
Makes sense.

I don't enjoy the indoor range as much, especially with it being only 17yds. I double up with earplugs and muffs, and its still crazy loud. It's just far more convenient... 5 min drive vs. an hour.
I much prefer outside myself, which is why I haven't experienced this one.

This particular place has 15/25/100 yd ranges

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (05-12-2023)
Old 05-22-2023, 03:26 PM   #913
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,253 Times in 7,346 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffbite View Post
Makes sense.

Same here. I just go on occasion because it is 5 minutes from work and my buddy has a membership. We went last thursday and it cost 5 bucks for 3 of us on a lane for a half hour with 4 targets.

On a side note, my short reset kit came in for my P-09. I opted for this and not the full trigger kit as I don't mind the weight of the trigger on this pistol. Plus not really a fan of overly light triggers on something I may carry. Hopefully this resolves my main gripe with this thing.
Wally86 (05-23-2023), wolffbite (05-25-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 01:45 PM   #914
ROFL it's Waffle
The guy w/o an FRS or BRZ

Drives: '23 GR86 Premium 6MT Halo White
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Seeing that the good weather is finally happening in my area, I haven't been wearing clothes that can have a belt for an IWB holster. Then I found this gem https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YYTQMV1...ding=UTF8&th=1
When I told my wife I was getting a satchel for my CCW, she defaulted to the brown satchel worn by the shaggy guy in The Hangover, and proceeded to tell me what a homo I would look like . Thankfully it looks nothing like that in person. It's got a velcro pistol holster within the bag to help with a solid draw, and lined with a thick plastic to protect the trigger against accidental discharges. And my most favorite part is space for 4 extra mags secured by elastic bands. It holds my P365X with no problems either. I'm very pleased with how well it holds everything.
ROFL it's Waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROFL it's Waffle For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (05-23-2023), Wally86 (05-23-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 04:18 PM   #915
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROFL it's Waffle View Post
Seeing that the good weather is finally happening in my area, I haven't been wearing clothes that can have a belt for an IWB holster. Then I found this gem https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YYTQMV1...ding=UTF8&th=1
When I told my wife I was getting a satchel for my CCW, she defaulted to the brown satchel worn by the shaggy guy in The Hangover, and proceeded to tell me what a homo I would look like . Thankfully it looks nothing like that in person. It's got a velcro pistol holster within the bag to help with a solid draw, and lined with a thick plastic to protect the trigger against accidental discharges. And my most favorite part is space for 4 extra mags secured by elastic bands. It holds my P365X with no problems either. I'm very pleased with how well it holds everything.
I may have to try one of those. Sometimes I carry a pistol hunting since there are a ton of cougar's(not the good kind) in my area but with a slung rifle and my pack and binoculars it is cumbersome to carry a standard holster. I lost a shot at a nice buck a couple years ago because when I drew my rifle up the bolt handle got caught on my pack or my pistol holster and unlocked the action, took me a second to figure out what had happened. I tried a chest mount clip on the front of my pack but was uncomfortable with drawing from it.
Wally86 (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 08:22 AM   #916
Wally86
Be Kind

Drives: 2020 86
Thanked 1,249 Times in 602 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
On a kick as of late. New 300 BO build was super nice at the range. Obviously this picture is from before the end of May (though I am a part of the named plaintiff groups in the pistol brace injunctions lol. I still pulled the braces to feel at peace in my own mind).

The Following User Says Thank You to Wally86 For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 10:20 AM   #917
ROFL it's Waffle
The guy w/o an FRS or BRZ

Drives: '23 GR86 Premium 6MT Halo White
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I may have to try one of those. Sometimes I carry a pistol hunting since there are a ton of cougar's(not the good kind) in my area but with a slung rifle and my pack and binoculars it is cumbersome to carry a standard holster. I lost a shot at a nice buck a couple years ago because when I drew my rifle up the bolt handle got caught on my pack or my pistol holster and unlocked the action, took me a second to figure out what had happened. I tried a chest mount clip on the front of my pack but was uncomfortable with drawing from it.
An update to my experience with this bag, it's very handy. I put my wallet in one of the larger zip pockets on the front, keep the pistol concealed in the quick access zipper pouch (it's got a pull strap to rip it open when you need it), a little zipper pouch on the top of the strap for my car keys, and even has a decent size zipper pouch on the back side for my phone (Pixel 6). Now I can actually go somewhere without my gym shorts falling off lol and still be comfortable knowing I have plenty of extra mags with regular day-to-day utility. For me, it's a game changer.
ROFL it's Waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROFL it's Waffle For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-06-2023), Wally86 (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 10:37 AM   #918
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,632 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Gepard 1A2

It's ike the double-barrel shotgun of AA systems. Hits Shaheed 136's as if it's duck hunting.
Attached Images

5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:36 AM   #919
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Gepard 1A2

It's ike the double-barrel shotgun of AA systems. Hits Shaheed 136's as if it's duck hunting.
It's literally nothing like a double barrel shotgun. It's actually a pretty standard modern AA system using high velocity rounds fired from an autocannon.
Wally86 (06-06-2023)
Old 06-06-2023, 02:11 PM   #920
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Ok how about it looks like a giant Mastodon with tusks raised, but I digress. It's protecting a lot of innocent people.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:16 PM   #921
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Ok how about it looks like a giant Mastodon with tusks raised, but I digress. It's protecting a lot of innocent people.
Digress, shit posting. Whatever you want to call it.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:22 PM   #922
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Digress, shit posting. Whatever you want to call it.
Yeah, could be interpreted as political as well. Shit to you.
Old 06-08-2023, 09:53 PM   #923
Kittykate

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
It's literally nothing like a double barrel shotgun. It's actually a pretty standard modern AA system using high velocity rounds fired from an autocannon.

You had me at "autocannon"
Kittykate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kittykate For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-09-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 08:03 AM   #924
Wally86
Be Kind

Drives: 2020 86
Thanked 1,249 Times in 602 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
SO... I really enjoy putting together gun builds but there's no range that's close to me where I can test my builds. Except one. And that range is both private with membership and expensive. I finally decided to apply and got stopped at the last part of joining: training requirement.

Long story short, for the first time, I have to take a "real" training class (as opposed to two safety courses and the two day hunter safety classes that I've taken) and I picked the concealed carry class. I have zero desire to carry but I wouldn't mind having the license and option.

Enter my first ever holster/belt/quick release:

My brother and I have been throwing around the idea of trying 3Gun competitions so I think this holster makes a nice first step into the unknown.

And for fun, I recently picked up a bolt action 300blk and added a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 and comb. (And suppressor mount lol. Suppress all the things!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Wally86 For This Useful Post:
wolffbite (06-20-2023)