follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 04-29-2023, 05:37 AM   #1
slickd

Drives: 2013 silver toyota 86 (high) man.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy HU Wiring identification

Hi all,
I know there has been countless posts regarding what the different wires are but somehow my connector configurations dont seem to match any of those found on the net or forums. Id really appreciate the help because Im installing a new 10.1" Eonon Q03Pro, and although I got it working the HU seems to start up as if freshly installed every time I switch on the car. Im guessing I must not have connected the constant(+) correctly. Also my reverse camera refuses to activate (Im guessing I run the power to one of my tail lights). I have the OEM head unit which didnt have a screen, just a small LCD, so dont know if I will have a reverse trigger (I tried the pink cable running from the trunk area, doesnt worK). Any help at all would be appreciated

From the screenshots I have
10 pin
Orange
Purple
red/black line
Red
Black/blue line
White

6 Pin
Blue/white line
blue
Yellow

26 pin
pink/black line
yellow
white/blue line
brown
blue/pink line
blue/yellow line
Attached Images

slickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 08:35 AM   #2
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
do you have a volt meter?
Old 04-30-2023, 04:24 AM   #3
slickd

Drives: 2013 silver toyota 86 (high) man.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hey yeah thanks, amazingly while looking for a tool i found a voltmeter, was able to quickly identify the constant so solved that. then with the reverse camera i saw that the red wire which accompanies the yellow video rca input , that coonected to a cable from my HU called "back". and finally i was shown where the power cables are for the reverse lamps (in the boot/trunk), and was told (a youtube video) to not run ground to the lamp, but rather to a panel of the cars body. so after all that i got an amazing HU, If anyone is interested in a 10.1 unit woth android auto/apple carplay, check out the eonon, its current at about $200 with a 1080p reverse camera. just super happy i figured it out, i cabt stand not knowing the answer to something
slickd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slickd For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (04-30-2023)