follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #225
robispec

Drives: Black frs project
Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by track_warrior View Post
And shes back!! New engine replaced under warranty dealer blamed the car going lean and causing piston failure, all injectors were replaced as a precaution since the o rings could be faulty. It seems a few cars have had injector failure. Now comes the hard part, breaking her in with harnesses, racing buckets, and noisy brakes on the street

YEAH BABY!
robispec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robispec For This Useful Post:
track_warrior (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #226
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft_sjo View Post
Glad you got it fixed.

You must have a friend at that dealership!
Not really they just are a really good dealership. I would recommend them to anybody. They dont screw customers over and would rather have a happy customer walk out their door than a unhappy customer. The toyota tech's diagnostic on my car blamed a faulty injector for the piston dying so they have grounds to replace an engine based on a faulty part. They actually replaced all injectors as a precaution.
strat61caster (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #227
Eurasianman
Chief

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Not really they just are a really good dealership. I would recommend them to anybody. They dont screw customers over and would rather have a happy customer walk out their door than a unhappy customer. The toyota tech's diagnostic on my car blamed a faulty injector for the piston dying so they have grounds to replace an engine based on a faulty part. They actually replaced all injectors as a precaution.
I wish other dealerships were like this. Long story short, the service department for my previous vehicle was trying to tell me my aftermarket rims could have been causing my issue, regardless of the fact, that the rims were the EXACT size and offset of the OE rims

Eurasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eurasianman For This Useful Post:
track_warrior (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #228
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Weird. Last week, one of my friends told me that a friend of his on the west coast blew his engine on his FR-S at Leguna Seca and that the engine was being replaced.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #229
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
Weird. Last week, one of my friends told me that a friend of his on the west coast blew his engine on his FR-S at Leguna Seca and that the engine was being replaced.
Tell him to ask the techs to take a look at the injectors the O rings could be faulty. I have a buddy in Austin that has his car in the dealer for apparently this issue as well. If we get enough people reporting this problem they might do a recall on the injectors.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #230
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasianman View Post
I wish other dealerships were like this. Long story short, the service department for my previous vehicle was trying to tell me my aftermarket rims could have been causing my issue, regardless of the fact, that the rims were the EXACT size and offset of the OE rims
Yeah man i know how that feels, i had a Mercedes dealer tell me they could not fix my C63's suspension clunk because i had an exhaust and this caused enough vibrations to damage the suspension. WTF it was only a catback, went to another dealer and they took care of it.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #231
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Tell him to ask the techs to take a look at the injectors the O rings could be faulty. I have a buddy in Austin that has his car in the dealer for apparently this issue as well. If we get enough people reporting this problem they might do a recall on the injectors.
I think the friend blew his engine a while ago, so it's already replaced. Engine is probably long gone by now.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #232
FrsChris

Drives: Whiteout Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I just got my block replaced for basically the same issues but, the dealer I had it at took about 3 months all together to get it back to me. So, I got it last Thursday and got some Dunlop Direzza ZII tires on it and it is killing me to not break 4k rpm during the one month break in period for the block
FrsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #233
Deep Six

Drives: 2013 FRS / 2013 427 Vert
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah man i know how that feels, i had a Mercedes dealer tell me they could not fix my C63's suspension clunk because i had an exhaust and this caused enough vibrations to damage the suspension. WTF it was only a catback, went to another dealer and they took care of it.
My 63 had long tubes on it, dealer didn't even like me bringing it on their property for my pre-paids.
2013 FR-S Asphalt BC Coils/Rev Works UEL header/HKS Front Pipe/Racing Brake BBK/Shorai LW Battery/ACT 6 Puck Clutch/FBM Radiator & Oil Pan/JR Oil Cooler/Jackson Racing High Boost C30/Rev Works Built Motor
2016 Audi TTS APR Tuned
Deep Six is offline   Reply With Quote