follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2022, 04:14 PM   #799
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
Trueno is so hot. Sorry BRZ guys, the two best looking colors for the new twins IMHO (Neptune and Trueno) aren't even offered on the BRZ.
What if I told you that my BRZ is Trueno Blue?
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dragoontwo For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 04:31 PM   #800
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
Trueno is so hot. Sorry BRZ guys, the two best looking colors for the new twins IMHO (Neptune and Trueno) aren't even offered on the BRZ.
Are Saphire and Trueno two names for the same paint or is the a difference?
Flarpswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 04:49 PM   #801
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarpswitch View Post
Are Saphire and Trueno two names for the same paint or is the a difference?
They are the same paint code.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 05:58 PM   #802
DylanJZA

Drives: GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarpswitch View Post
Good going. I got my BRZ just down the block also for MSRP. Other dealers in the region wanted to add $3,000 or more market adjustment and only give me the guaranteed Subaru trade-in price for my 2017 BRZ. How long did it take from when you ordered to delivery and did you get what you wanted?
Congrats on the BRZ!

I called them in mid-March, and they told me they had this one coming in with no one interested (would sell for msrp). They sent me a spec sheet with VIN the same day and then took a $500 deposit when it shipped from Japan. It arrived nearly a month later to the day. I followed the ship after locating it as well (used the Toyota tracking API) and saved screenshots of that so I can keep it with the car.
DylanJZA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DylanJZA For This Useful Post:
Flarpswitch (04-16-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 07:41 PM   #803
jdmwol2ks

Drives: 22' Model
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanJZA View Post
Congrats on the BRZ!

I called them in mid-March, and they told me they had this one coming in with no one interested (would sell for msrp). They sent me a spec sheet with VIN the same day and then took a $500 deposit when it shipped from Japan. It arrived nearly a month later to the day. I followed the ship after locating it as well (used the Toyota tracking API) and saved screenshots of that so I can keep it with the car.
How were you able to check which ship? I'd like to do it for my recently allocated GR86.
jdmwol2ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:21 PM   #804
drivejumpfly

Drives: Toyota
This was listed on a site that starts with "red" and ends with"dit". Not sure if links to that site are banned here:

These instructions are a bit plagiarized, but this is how to see the dealer status code:

using Google Chrome:

Open Developer Tools (F12 key)

Click on the "Network" tab

in the address bar, put: guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-spec/YOURVIN/detail (subsitiute YOURVIN with your actual vin#

A series of requests will appear in the developer tools pane. Find the network request that shows {YOURVIN}?isVspec=true

Click on it, then click the "Preview" tab

here, you will see the dealerCategory:

A=Allocated
F=on a ship
G=on the ground in transit to the dealer

At least that's what people say the codes mean, My Wife's SE was "A" for a few weeks, then F to G to in our driveway in about 5 days

https://www.
[removed the site].com/r/rav4prime/comments/rx70w8/is_anyone_else_having_issues_reaching_the_toyota/
drivejumpfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:24 PM   #805
jdmwol2ks

Drives: 22' Model
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
This was listed on a site that starts with "red" and ends with"dit". Not sure if links to that site are banned here:

These instructions are a bit plagiarized, but this is how to see the dealer status code:

using Google Chrome:

Open Developer Tools (F12 key)

Click on the "Network" tab

in the address bar, put: guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-spec/YOURVIN/detail (subsitiute YOURVIN with your actual vin#

A series of requests will appear in the developer tools pane. Find the network request that shows {YOURVIN}?isVspec=true

Click on it, then click the "Preview" tab

here, you will see the dealerCategory:

A=Allocated
F=on a ship
G=on the ground in transit to the dealer

At least that's what people say the codes mean, My Wife's SE was "A" for a few weeks, then F to G to in our driveway in about 5 days

https://www.
[removed the site].com/r/rav4prime/comments/rx70w8/is_anyone_else_having_issues_reaching_the_toyota/

Oh yes I was able to follow that to get my car is in ‘A’ status but I’m trying to figure out which boat it’s on or track it’s progress across the pacific. Hoping I’ll hit f status in the next week or two!
jdmwol2ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 12:23 AM   #806
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
What if I told you that my BRZ is Trueno Blue?
My bad then. Thought it was Toyota only like last gen.
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:13 AM   #807
drivejumpfly

Drives: Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwol2ks View Post
Oh yes I was able to follow that to get my car is in ‘A’ status but I’m trying to figure out which boat it’s on or track it’s progress across the pacific. Hoping I’ll hit f status in the next week or two!
If you find out how to track the actual ship let me know. I haven't found an easy near real-time tracking method without paying a fee. Where is that guy that tracks Elon's planes?!
drivejumpfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:30 AM   #808
Doc_Bch_Stkrs
FNG

Drives: Hot Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
I'm looking for premium MT in red. I have multiple deposits so may eventually have multiple allocations (awfully wishful thinking but it's possible.) I'll keep them all on the hook until I have the keys to one, but once I have a car I'd def pass on any other allocation(s) to someone on here.

PA is a big state, so you might be out of location. However, have you checked out Hanover Toyota or Peruzzi Toyota?

As of today they show inventory on their sites. Of course, could be sold, in transit, spoken for, or wildly over priced. But figured I'd throw it out there since I have the info on hand.
Doc_Bch_Stkrs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc_Bch_Stkrs For This Useful Post:
fredzy (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 09:06 AM   #809
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Bch_Stkrs View Post
PA is a big state, so you might be out of location. However, have you checked out Hanover Toyota or Peruzzi Toyota?

As of today they show inventory on their sites. Of course, could be sold, in transit, spoken for, or wildly over priced. But figured I'd throw it out there since I have the info on hand.
Hey thanks for the tip! I actually called and both were pre-sold, but nice to hear that both were for guys waiting as long as me or longer haha. It could be right around the corner now!
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 04:02 PM   #810
Flarpswitch

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ltd, 2019 Ascent
Quote:
Congrats on the BRZ!

At Capitol Subaru in Salem, Oregon I was told that the only BRZs that they sold were specifically ordered. For the most part they figured that anyone who was serious about a BRZ would order one. It was less likely that they could use what allocation they had, put them on the lot and someone would impulse purchase. They wanted to focus more on getting the other Subaru models that were in high demand and not have customers wait forever. With the BRZ being low volume, it is a gamble to have one optioned out that would end up everyone's last choice. They told me that I got the last one for 2022, but that could change if an orphan pops up and someone has a request in. I made some inquiries over at Capitol Toyota for an out of state friend who is looking all over the country for a Highlander. I asked about what the deal is on the GR86 and got no useful information except keep checking back or put in a request. Maybe if I was more aggressive, I could have found a salesperson with a plan, but since I already had my car, I did not pursue it. It is pretty amazing that you got a car so fast. There are a lot of sad faces out there waiting, waiting waiting.
Flarpswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 07:02 PM   #811
DylanJZA

Drives: GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
^ yeah, I have to be honest, it was pretty crazy how fast and easy it was for me. It's almost like it was meant to be, at least waxing philosophically. I do feel for those having a hell of a time, but mine is also AT which helped a ton obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwol2ks View Post
Keep checking the API tracker for status and once it hits status F, you can start looking for the boat it's on. But you need to know what port Toyota uses in your region.

For the PNW, they use Port of Portland for the GR86 and the ships come from the Port of Toyohashi, JP. Finding the ship relies on you knowing the destination port and referencing the ETA, from there you can look up expected arrivals at the destination port and look for a RoRo/car carrier that departed Toyohashi for your locale.

I was only able to find mine a few days after it shipped because I didn't know what port they used in JP. The ship mine was aboard was the EMINENT ACE (owned by MITSUI O.S.K.), and it sailed 4 days prior to my status being updated to F, so there was a slight delay.
DylanJZA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DylanJZA For This Useful Post:
jdmwol2ks (04-16-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 03:02 PM   #812
Lelandjt

Drives: '04 STi, '12 Mazda 3 Hatch
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I do feel for those having a hell of a time, but mine is also AT which helped a ton obviously.
I don't think anyone is having trouble getting ATs. My dealer seems to be steadily getting one at a time and showed me many available allocations at nearby dealers. He sees no MTs in the pipeline to his dealership or available allocations within 1000mi. The production line needs to stop making ATs and try to fulfill the demand for MTs.
Lelandjt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lelandjt For This Useful Post:
Flarpswitch (04-16-2022)