follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #3165
allowe

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What you HATE the most on your FR-S/BRZ/GT86/FT86?

The car is awesome but there are little thingsthat should've been there or need to be fixed like:

-horn (maybe I'm used to having hella horns on every car I've owned but seriously?)
-centre console (who came up with that design.. I don't want a sutty arm rest because I use my cup holders and I don't wanna leave that exposed because I put my phone, USB, crack change and wallet there).
-fuel filter (a bitch to replace.. why couldn't it be outside the canister?)
-stock tires (at first I thought they were ok but I drove it in the rain and man do they like to slip)
-no lock on glovebox. (It would've been nice
-no steering wheel audio control (this one pissed me off a lot. The most basic cars have those. The wheel has space for them so why didn't they?! If there is an aftermarket alternative, please let me know!)
-no dte (distance till empty)..(seriously why not ?, it would be very helpful to know how much range you have before you're out).
-clutch (I don't mind the catch point, I do mind the softness of it! It's way too soft! Maybe I'm just used to driving a stage 1 clutch but I seriously hate the feel of the clutch)
-speakers (they're not horrible but my 2004 Sentra ser spec v had a way better sound system.. even my jeep sounds better)
-the silver plastics ( SO UGLY and get scratched easy!)
- belt cutting my neck
- back seats (I honestly think they could've squeezed 2-4 inches more space from taking trunk space and making the seats smaller thus making the leg room better.. needless to say, I drive my sister home everyday while my girlfriend is at the front and everyone seems fine!)
-trunk height (WHY IS IT 14 INCHES?!!!!!! You can't fit a decent 12 Inch subwoofer in there without doing something drastic! I had to take out my spare tire and all the stuff surrounding it to put my 14 inch box... space could've been made by shaving off the tire space)
-no hood dampers (you have them on the trunk, why not the hood? Make it an option, I'll pay for it!)
-93 octane recommendation (it's non existent in Ontario)
-no hid or led lights (the halogens are actually not bad but cmon it's a 2013+ car.. that was my first mod that I did the same day I got the car)
-NO FOGLIGHTS AS STANDARD (I can buy a kit for 50 bucks but it's not about the money... the car is 2013+, why am I paying like 600 for them to put foglights on a car that should've already had them...
-paint chips easily. (Without a touch up pen, my car would look like a It it's got chicken pox.
- windshield is made of egg shells (I've met 2 people with hairline cracks and both say they were driving and got hit by a stone chip..
- rims (ugly)
- no third brake light (ordered one and coming soon by it fools you thinking you have one but you don't!
-interior rattle (just gotta ignore that)
-horrible throttle response (I've posted a video about how dead the throttle pedal is)
-door storage space (I got a cologne, small snacks and some pens.. that's all I can fit in there)
-no sunroof (I'm glad it's not there for weight but the option would've been nice)
-brakes (they're okay in performance... but they should've painted them red or made them look a bit better)

I'll add more if I can think of extras but most of those are just nit picks so don't flame my post. I LOVE this car. I seriously do, it becomes alive in the mountains and it's like my baby, I wouldn't let anyone touch it. Also, most of the stuff on that list, once you're driving, you'll forget about them. But it would've been nice to have them like an armrest and cup holders separate.. I seriously don't get that stupid Design! I've knocked those cup holders so many times because of a large drink or object being in them. And what's even dumber, is the location of that cig lighter port. If you spill a drink in there, you'd be lucky if you just blow a fuse and not something more serious. On top of that, you'll probably be driving too which would be a disaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allowe For This Useful Post:
darthpnoy1984 (10-28-2016), ToyotaFan84 (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 12:34 AM   #3166
ToyotaFan84

Drives: 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Let me just preface this post by saying my previous long term car was a 2001 Celica. Maybe it's because I was a Celica owner, but I see a lot of influence from the last gen Celica in the FR-S. Some times it fucks with me and I think I'm in the Celica because the FR-S doesn't feel like a completely different car.

Having to pull up on the shift knob to go into reverse.

The rims.

I wish the white portion of the tail lights were amber.

The clock being so low.

The window switches being low as well and not on the center console (like the Celica).

The center console itself.

The Scion brand

The red and black interior.

The visibility seems more restricted compared to the Celica.

The lack of a CD player.

Not being able to choose a wallpaper/screen saver for the head unit.

Not being able to listen to music using the car's audio system while the car is off for over an hour because the battery will die.

I think that's everything. I hope no one gets the wrong impression, I am in love with this car. Pretty sure, I'll keep it for as long as I can.
ToyotaFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:16 AM   #3167
JellyForSale
That Striped FRS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
A lot of people don't like the steering wheel's simplicity. I actually DO like it! It feels like a racecar steering wheel - ultra utilitarian!
JellyForSale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JellyForSale For This Useful Post:
Bowen (10-28-2016), Dadhawk (10-28-2016), Muaddib (10-28-2016), soulreapersteve (10-28-2016), strat61caster (10-28-2016), Train (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 02:32 AM   #3168
PetrolioBenzina

Drives: 17 86
Thanked 1,133 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan84 View Post
Let me just preface this post by saying my previous long term car was a 2001 Celica. Maybe it's because I was a Celica owner, but I see a lot of influence from the last gen Celica in the FR-S. Some times it fucks with me and I think I'm in the Celica because the FR-S doesn't feel like a completely different car.

The Scion brand
It must suck really bad to drive it every day. You should re-badge.

Some impressive lists so far. I had a few minor irritations with my '13 FR-S but that was it. I guess I could say I hate the POS head unit in the '17 86.
PetrolioBenzina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:14 AM   #3169
wangson

Drives: 2023 Toyota GR86 Trueno Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I wish the + / - on the auto's manual mode were reversed. (ex: pull back for +)

on the 2017's, i don't like steering wheel buttons. I wonder if the steering wheel can be swapped for the previous years.
wangson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wangson For This Useful Post:
JellyForSale (10-31-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #3170
nextcar
Guilt free parts vulture!

Drives: 2013 FR-S - Asphalt 6MT
Thanked 1,762 Times in 932 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
What do I hate about my FR-S? It has no auto-pilot like a Tesla.

I mean really, this is 2016: why should I have to drive?

This is a sub 30K USD sports car that out drives any new car in it's price range, is inexpensive to operate and maintain, and has a great aftermarket ecosystem. Deal with it!!!

This thread seems like a lot of whining!
nextcar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nextcar For This Useful Post:
WolfpackS2k (11-02-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 12:54 PM   #3171
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,474 Times in 4,995 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowe View Post
The car is awesome but there are little thingsthat should've been there or need to be fixed like:
If they did half the things you want and made them standard I probably wouldn't have bought this car.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Hot-Lava_Dave (10-28-2016), HunterGreene (10-28-2016), soulreapersteve (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #3172
driftartist
Kurenai Samurai

Drives: Red and manual
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowe View Post
Sounds like I should either buy you a box of tissues or wish you luck on selling your car.....jesus fuck
driftartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:32 PM   #3173
Bowen