follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 07-12-2020, 09:30 PM   #3711
Mad1723

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTurbo View Post
By any chance, do you have the latest version of their tunes? Check link below.

https://www.delicioustuning.com/LSPI...FTbuMkJPmLCpBI
Running 29.51 if memory serves me right. It includes LSPI fixes, yes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Mad1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:45 PM   #3712
MaxTurbo

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1723 View Post
Running 29.51 if memory serves me right. It includes LSPI fixes, yes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
OK, I think 29.5X is the latest. I'll report back after they check my logs and tweak some things.
MaxTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:56 PM   #3713
AKITA

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS Halo
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTurbo View Post
OK, I think 29.5X is the latest. I'll report back after they check my logs and tweak some things.
I have 29.50 as my base.. just had it a few weeks.. don't know if they've got a 51
AKITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:57 PM   #3714
MaxTurbo

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKITA View Post
I have 29.50 as my base.. just had it a few weeks.. don't know if they've got a 51
I believe the last digit are variations of the same tune, to better suit your engine. I've gone through 29.50 to 29.53. still working to eliminate some low speed knocking.
MaxTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #3715
BR-ZED

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
So as you will recall I posted some logs questioning my ideal and the pressure in the fuel system.

After the tuner looked at another log, it appears all is ok!

Today I drove it a little and after noticed a little bit of grease coming out of the Edelbrock-supplied pulley that is directly to the left of the super charger pulley. Is that normal, or does that indicate a failure?

BR-ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:34 AM   #3716
AKITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR-ZED View Post
Today I drove it a little and after noticed a little bit of grease coming out of the Edelbrock-supplied pulley that is directly to the left of the super charger pulley. Is that normal, or does that indicate a failure?
Good to hear on the fuel pressure... Clearly an idler shouldn't be weeping grease if that's where it came from.. if the grease gets on the belt.. you could slip the belt. I'd clean it and watch it.. If it clearly continues to lose grease, I'd call Edelbrock and see if they can get you another one. I had an issue with this part of the install myself. Edelbrock had the wrong size washer (???) .. It's only 22 ft lbs but no way I was even gonna get that with the smaller washer that actually started to press through the idler shaft.. so I had to dig through my stuff and glad I had something that would work. (I didn't use the wrong one or misplace it in the kit. I went through every piece of hardware and the one I used was the washer provided. It was wrong.. but you don't want to get it too tight so if you were trying to get to 22 ft/lbs and the washer was giving you could overtighten that bolt and I could see that cause the bearing to possibly get damaged. But clean and watch it.. it could be a new install thing.. although mine hasn't wept any.
The Following User Says Thank You to AKITA For This Useful Post:
BR-ZED (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 02:14 AM   #3717
BR-ZED

Thanks. Did what you suggested... wiped it down and will watch it.

Edelbrock is reviewing it now.

The washer issue was something a few people experienced... I believe the washer was smaller and thinner. I was concerned so I asked tech support before my install. Based on my discussions with them I have no worries that I had the wrong washer. They said it's outer diameter was too small for the pulley, so it wouldn't work at all. Mine didn't fit that description.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:57 PM   #3718
AKITA

Quote:
Thanks. Did what you suggested... wiped it down and will watch it.

Edelbrock is reviewing it now.

The washer issue was something a few people experienced... I believe the washer was smaller and thinner. I was concerned so I asked tech support before my install. Based on my discussions with them I have no worries that I had the wrong washer. They said it's outer diameter was too small for the pulley, so it wouldn't work at all. Mine didn't fit that description.

Yeap that was it. I had to find one a little bigger and a little thicker gauge. But to add, I looked at my pulley and wiped it after I was through working with DT yesterday while I was continuing to inspect the car after drives.. and I'll say I did notice a tiny weep of grease, wasn't much but enough to say there was a little bit. Certainly not like your picture showed.

I have completely finished with DT I believe. Fairly satisified with the E tuning from Delicious Tuning.. The car is running great. I estimate they're going to get you 80-90% if not more to the car's potential. I use their dbox .. logs looked good . There's nothing special about my tune setup I didn't even get Race Rom features at this time. Car feels like what most have described as having a bigger engine that has power everywhere .. 1st gear practically useless except for getting rolling. But there is power everywhere now. No dip less your trying to get on it below 3k rpm in the wrong (too high gear, big no no in general for this car). It doesn't surprise you or overwhelm you.. you feel it and it can get you too fast sneaky like. I probably would like to review the Edelbrok SC kit and highlight the steps that were an issue with maybe personal suggestions on steps.. but that's probably some copyright issue idk, we'll see. But I think that would help some people in the future. Or they can all wing it like we did.. not that hard except some spots
The Following User Says Thank You to AKITA For This Useful Post:
BR-ZED (07-16-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 08:02 AM   #3719
BR-ZED

I too plan to make a post highlighting my thoughts on install. And I have another video coming showing how I fixed my banjo bolt. It's all about helping people, I see no issues with you doing similar.

Just starting the tuning process here. About to get my first log with a WOT run to redline, so we will see my impressions...
The Following User Says Thank You to BR-ZED For This Useful Post:
Side (07-17-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 03:33 AM   #3720
Side

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I too plan to make a post highlighting my thoughts on install. And I have another video coming showing how I fixed my banjo bolt. It's all about helping people, I see no issues with you doing similar.

Just starting the tuning process here. About to get my first log with a WOT run to redline, so we will see my impressions...
I for one would appreciate the banjo bolt video! Pretty sure mine has the smallest of leaks...
Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:47 PM   #3721
BR-ZED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side View Post
I for one would appreciate the banjo bolt video! Pretty sure mine has the smallest of leaks...
I will try to upload soon then!

Also. Holy moly, this car is fun! Been doing a number of pulls for tuning purposes and it is running really strong. I know the fun will wear off, but holy crap, this car is amazing now. Pulls so hard especially in third gear. Almost in the scary zone... ~300 bhp + 2700 lbs is a lot of fun! Definitely seems faster than my old bugeye (stage 2) WRX, though that could just be the fact I haven't driven it in ~5 years lol.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:47 AM   #3722
Z06ZN6

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Quote:
I will try to upload soon then!

Also. Holy moly, this car is fun! Been doing a number of pulls for tuning purposes and it is running really strong. I know the fun will wear off, but holy crap, this car is amazing now. Pulls so hard especially in third gear. Almost in the scary zone... ~300 bhp + 2700 lbs is a lot of fun! Definitely seems faster than my old bugeye (stage 2) WRX, though that could just be the fact I haven't driven it in ~5 years lol.
Now its E85 time Its feels like you supercharged your car all over again. Its the point where this car starts to come alive.
Z06ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:08 AM   #3723
BR-ZED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06ZN6 View Post
Now its E85 time Its feels like you supercharged your car all over again. Its the point where this car starts to come alive.
Heh! I wish. E85 is hard to come by here... I used to live in the SW / midwest where it was prevalent... here, in MD, not so much. There is one station, I think, that has it, but it is way out of my way. So I'm sort of on the fence. I was thinking of writing a letter to the owner of the local gas station to request them to carry it lol....

Are you on the stock engine, and if so, what mods/power do you have with E85? Not sure I want to build the motor. Plan to do auto-x and hopefully some track days, but I don't think an engine build will be in my budget for this car any time soon...

EDIT: this post prompted me to search for E85 near me, it seems the station I was thinking about no longer has it :-( A bunch of stations that seem to be state owned seem to have it, but doubt us "regular" people can buy from there. Wish it was more prevalent...

Last edited by BR-ZED; 07-18-2020 at 02:33 AM.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:18 AM   #3724
BR-ZED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side View Post
@Side here you go!

Also, credit where credit is due. I previously had read a very useful post from @toast for how to fix this problem:
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...postcount=2929

So, consider my posting a "video version" of what @toast said. Hope this helps you and others.

Some supplemental info that I did not talk about:
1. My leak wasn't really a stream, just felt wetness under the bolt and could smell gas.
2. I was worried about fine metal shavings getting in the fuel line, so in general I kept the sandpaper underneath the bolt as I sanded so the shavings wouldn't get inside the bolt. But afterwards I doused it with brake cleaner and let it dry well before reinstalling, just to flush away any loose pieces. Probably overkill, but can't hurt.

Usual disclaimer applies, I am not a professional so take my advice with a grain of salt.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BR-ZED For This Useful Post:
AKITA (07-18-2020), BA9092 (07-18-2020), BirdTRD (07-18-2020), Side (07-18-2020)