follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #15
Djratrap

Drives: BRZ CSB Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzan View Post
Curious, what are the ages of ya'll that have been given bullshit tickets for running stop signs/red lights? I'm in my 40s, and have never had a cop give me a totally fabricated ticket. I have been given a couple tickets for not completely stopping at stop signs, but I admittedly performed rolling stops, taking off when I saw no cross-traffic.

BTW, if that is all you are trying to avoid, you don't need the "best dash cam". A $50-100 dash cam would give you great value. Check out techmoan's youtube channel or website.
I'm 31 and definitely stopped. I was so confused as to why the ticket was written as i was not doing anything to draw attention to myself (i was listening to the beach boys...c'mon?!?). I tried to have a friendly discussion about the infraction with the officer but he was a ****head about it. He also called in backup, which was pretty humiliating as there were a lot of people walking/passing by. To be honest i'm pretty sure i was profiled, but that's a whole other topic. I wouldn't be asking about a dash cam if i didn't feel like i was legitimately wronged and or was driving like a goon.
Djratrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #16
Mooseknuckle44

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djratrap View Post
I'm 31 and definitely stopped. I was so confused as to why the ticket was written as i was not doing anything to draw attention to myself (i was listening to the beach boys...c'mon?!?). I tried to have a friendly discussion about the infraction with the officer but he was a ****head about it. He also called in backup, which was pretty humiliating as there were a lot of people walking/passing by. To be honest i'm pretty sure i was profiled, but that's a whole other topic. I wouldn't be asking about a dash cam if i didn't feel like i was legitimately wronged and or was driving like a goon.
In your case it would have completely gotten you out of the ticket for sure. But it's one of those instances where you really want to play it perfectly. Make sure you leave your ignition on so the camera get's all the audio. Wait until he writes the entire ticket up, complete with road names, dates, times. And then we he hands it to you, let him know you'll most definitely be in court on your court date with a video showing you did in fact stop. Get his ass in(probably not much at all) trouble and make a big stink about it.
If he sees the dash cam and doesn't immediately rip up the ticket, he'll be confirming he's a mega ****, power abusing, waste of taxpayer money, asshole cop.
2013 FRS-Asphalt-M6-Invidia N1, K&N drop in, plasti dipped emblems, debadged FRS, Spyder II tails, 5000K Bi-xenon HID's, red demon eyes, Quad halo's, switchbacks w/Tapturn mod,Grimmspeed hood struts, led everything exterior, H&R 25mmF/15mmR spacers, Sportlines, SPC LCA's..(FUN car)
Mooseknuckle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mooseknuckle44 For This Useful Post:
Djratrap (07-08-2014), husker741 (07-08-2014), Tim_Asphalt_FRS (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #17
Mooseknuckle44

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyloran View Post
do you have a link to get it?

Post #11 above.
If you search Amazon/Ebay, just search
"G1W" it'll come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 FRS-Asphalt-M6-Invidia N1, K&N drop in, plasti dipped emblems, debadged FRS, Spyder II tails, 5000K Bi-xenon HID's, red demon eyes, Quad halo's, switchbacks w/Tapturn mod,Grimmspeed hood struts, led everything exterior, H&R 25mmF/15mmR spacers, Sportlines, SPC LCA's..(FUN car)
Old 07-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #18
zinzan

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2014 Limited WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle44 View Post
In your case it would have completely gotten you out of the ticket for sure. But it's one of those instances where you really want to play it perfectly. Make sure you leave your ignition on so the camera get's all the audio. Wait until he writes the entire ticket up, complete with road names, dates, times. And then we he hands it to you, let him know you'll most definitely be in court on your court date with a video showing you did in fact stop. Get his ass in(probably not much at all) trouble and make a big stink about it.
If he sees the dash cam and doesn't immediately rip up the ticket, he'll be confirming he's a mega ****, power abusing, waste of taxpayer money, asshole cop.

I don't know about Ruston, but be careful with cops in some places (Harlan County comes to mind). :-)

I don't necessarily need a dash cam, but have been wanting one. Just ordered an 0803 mini.

-Z
Old 07-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #19
sweetfrs

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I know @DarrenDriven has one in his car!
sweetfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #20
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Yeah, I have a Blackvuew DR-400 HD
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15167
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #21
Mooseknuckle44

Garage
^^^^Big spender. LOL.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #22
Chillyairplane

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djratrap View Post
I recently had a run in with the Ruston PD for "not stopping" at a stop sign and have now decided to purchase a dash cam. It's always a good feeling to have an officer make up a traffic offense(fucking bullshit) when you are driving as you should. I was wondering if any of you guys are running dash cams and or had some recommendations.

Man the only time I've been pulled over for "not stopping" was in Ruston... in my 56 Chevy... on Christmas Eve....

I would highly recommend Blackvue. BTW. amazing playback and is nice and compact. Can record 24\7 as well. And sounds.
Chillyairplane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chillyairplane For This Useful Post:
Djratrap (07-12-2014)
Old 07-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #23
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle44 View Post
^^^^Big spender. LOL.
It already paid for itself.

A guy backed his SUV into my car while it was parked downtown, did some minor damage to the headlight. He bailed, but I got his plate, then tracked him down. He cashed me out for the price of a new headlight, but you can barely even see the scratches now, so I just pocket the cash.
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarrenDriven For This Useful Post:
Mooseknuckle44 (07-10-2014)
Old 07-10-2014, 02:10 AM   #24
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Well I just pulled out my DR400 because it was dying and replaced it with the DR550. A nice piece but much bigger than the 400. Supposedly they fixed the heating issue.

I really like the 2 cameras in one. I like having both the front and rear of the car covered. Glad I sprung for it.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #25
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Meanwhile in Tacoma...

Driver with DR500 Dashcam (and family in the car) gets struck by woman running from the police.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTBijCDCR3A"]Police chase crashing into Tacoma - YouTube[/ame]
Old 07-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #26
Mooseknuckle44

Garage
Dayum!! Chick wasn't goin to jail was she!!? Just left whoever was in the car with her there and said later loser!
Anyone else find it coincidental they were hit at 4:20......in Washington.
I know, l know. I'm bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #27
Mooseknuckle44

Garage
[ame]http://youtu.be/MEEmhs3XpHw[/ame]

Here's a quick video of a lady in front of me missing a deer and then me missing Bambi right behind her. This is my lil cheapy I was telling you about and this is also my first video upload to Youtube. First edit,first video in every way. not bad for under $70. Don't pay any attention to the date. This happened 2 days ago. I've just never set up the info in the camera. I'm THAT lazy.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #28
LudwigMiles
Banned

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenDriven View Post
It already paid for itself.

A guy backed his SUV into my car while it was parked downtown, did some minor damage to the headlight. He bailed, but I got his plate, then tracked him down. He cashed me out for the price of a new headlight, but you can barely even see the scratches now, so I just pocket the cash.
How did you track someone down with just their plate?:
LudwigMiles is offline   Reply With Quote