follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 05-28-2015, 09:57 PM   #8821
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
He's talking about tapping the wires going into the controller in the engine bay. Someone else tapped the switch wire. Not sure who.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do I do with the WOT switch? Can I cut it off? I don't want to keep if it I don't need to use it anymore.

Update: I just checked the two wires that goes into the controller in the engine bay. One is from the WOT switch and one is from the Voltmeter. Is it safe to assume that the one coming from the WOT switch is the one that reads (~0v), aka the one I need to tap into the black audio cable?

Update again: Rob told me there is actually two wires/conductors soldered to the WOT switch. I need to figure out which one.

Last edited by TM; 05-29-2015 at 12:37 PM.
TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:26 AM   #8822
statlab

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to statlab Send a message via AIM to statlab Send a message via Yahoo to statlab
Worth the wait

I don't think another positive review is necessary as the waiting list shows the product basically sells itself, but below is my experience for anyone who doesn't feel like sifting through the previous posts.

1) Waited about 9 months (August 2014-March 2015) on the list for the V2.

2) Total install time ~2.5hrs crawling at a snail's pace first time around, ~1hr second time around. Most time consuming component is replacing the batteries. Fenton's step-by-step install video was fantastic and easy to follow regardless of mechanic ability.

3) I encountered an electrical issue (my fault) initially. Rob was very responsive over email, often writing more than one reply per day. I had to send the unit back to him and he turned it around promptly within 1 day of receipt.

4) I am very pleased with the performance of the ESC. Partial throttle is very useful (I imagine the new Procede would be even smoother). At full throttle the car now feels eager pulling through the entire powerband. The dynos on the first page are factual. Somebody compared the ESC to a "rechargeable NOS shot" and that feels about right.
statlab is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to statlab For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (05-29-2015), Sojhinn (05-29-2015), Thobjo (05-29-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 01:29 PM   #8823
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by statlab View Post
I don't think another positive review is necessary as the waiting list shows the product basically sells itself, but below is my experience for anyone who doesn't feel like sifting through the previous posts.

2) Total install time ~2.5hrs crawling at a snail's pace first time around, ~1hr second time around. Most time consuming component is replacing the batteries. Fenton's step-by-step install video was fantastic and easy to follow regardless of mechanic ability.

3) I encountered an electrical issue (my fault) initially. Rob was very responsive over email, often writing more than one reply per day. I had to send the unit back to him and he turned it around promptly within 1 day of receipt.

4) I am very pleased with the performance of the ESC. Partial throttle is very useful (I imagine the new Procede would be even smoother). At full throttle the car now feels eager pulling through the entire powerband. The dynos on the first page are factual. Somebody compared the ESC to a "rechargeable NOS shot" and that feels about right.

Glad you enjoyed the video. Give us an update after a few days.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:30 PM   #8824
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Drives: wanting an Acabian
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by statlab View Post

Wish that there was someone in my area that would be willing to do a show and tell with this product, but everyone so far has switched to fulltime FI.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #8825
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
What do I do with the WOT switch? Can I cut it off? I don't want to keep if it I don't need to use it anymore.

Update: I just checked the two wires that goes into the controller in the engine bay. One is from the WOT switch and one is from the Voltmeter. Is it safe to assume that the one coming from the WOT switch is the one that reads (~0v), aka the one I need to tap into the black audio cable?

Update again: Rob told me there is actually two wires/conductors soldered to the WOT switch. I need to figure out which one.
I'm here too - the WOT switch looks like a single wire when I cut it. Not sure how you're supposed to separate it?
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:24 PM   #8826
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
I'm here too - the WOT switch looks like a single wire when I cut it. Not sure how you're supposed to separate it?

There's a shield and a solid wire. One of those needed to tapped/soldered.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:27 PM   #8827
megamarines

Drives: 2015 FR-S RS 1.0
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to megamarines
So if I ran this with pulleys, TRD intake, E85, UEL Header, OP, FP, and full catback what would be realistic numbers I'd be looking at?

This caught my eye heavily when I first saw Shutter's in person, but I'm super curious about end results now. Also is there any way to up the redline psi to 3-4 instead of it dropping to 2?
megamarines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:49 PM   #8828
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
230ish and no on the psi to redline
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #8829
Khyron686

Alright done - still debating about how to mount the box.

Differences between me and Sojhinn's excellent install video:

- I don't have the bolts or that black box on the passenger side at all (2013 model, base stereo). Easier to install since I don't have to remove it.

- Video describes exactly what wires to tap, repeatedly - recommend shaving and soldering vs taps, as mentioned.

- The procede harness had 2 really long wires for tapping into ECU with the 3rd wire (3.5mm) for the pedal switch wire. Then 2 more much shorter wires (less than 2 feet) for power/ground. This only makes sense if the procede box is on the drivers side. Power taps to the existing power you already did for the ESC. Ground bolts to this perfect bolt right below the steering wheel. And the whole controller can be strapped with velcro or zip ties to that same metal support bracket. Ie - once you accept it's on the drivers side, all the wire lengths are perfect and dead simple. Depending on how often I remove it to reflash (desktop not laptop) I might just use a velcro strip and make it removable without removing dash panels.

Because I'm v1, I didn't realise the single wire for the pedal switch was actually 2 wires. I cut and stripped it properly, tested both - the red center wire worked for me - the surrounding black wire did nothing. I cut off the 3.5mm adapter from the procede harness and soldered them together - works fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khyron686 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (05-30-2015), Gums (05-30-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 12:25 AM   #8830
l0aded
Addicted

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
Alright done - still debating about how to mount the box.

Differences between me and Sojhinn's excellent install video:

- I don't have the bolts or that black box on the passenger side at all (2013 model, base stereo). Easier to install since I don't have to remove it.
Oh that's what the black box is. I was a bit worried about that part but luckily I had a bolt to use to ground the wire. Where did you end up mounting the PROcede? I believe the spot Sojhinn used doesn't work without that box.
Phantom Supercharger | Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Winjet Headlights | Opti-coated | 35/20 Tint | Radar/Dashcam Hardwired | OFT tuned | OEM Audio+ Reference 400CF | Uber Sound Deadened | LED DRL strips | JPM Coachworks Kneepads
l0aded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:25 AM   #8831
Khyron686

I zip-tied it with 2 ties to that bar (making sure the steering wheel doesn't bump it when you lower it). The harness plug on the right pointing at passenger, then the usb cable on the left, coiled up by the fuse box. All the wires are good length.

You can see the same bar bolt is perfect for ground as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khyron686 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (06-02-2015), Sojhinn (06-03-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #8832
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
2 Kits are ready to ship! Check your Pm's boys and girls.
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
continuecrushing (06-02-2015), DAEMANO (06-02-2015), Fareast auto part (06-12-2015), gtfapollo (06-03-2015), j_Zer0 (06-02-2015), Thobjo (06-03-2015), zc06_kisstherain (06-03-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #8833
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
2 Kits are ready to ship! Check your Pm's boys and girls.

By the end of the month I should have enough saved for the kit.
Then the real wait begins...
Old 06-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #8834
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidMomentum View Post

By the end of the month I should have enough saved for the kit.
Then the real wait begins...
Thats great. I think this list is going to go faster than some people expect. When looking though the top of the list i see that some people already have other FI applications installed on their BRZ/FRS.
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive