follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2020, 12:34 AM   #15
racingfool

Drives: Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML View Post
Lookup kirkey racing seats. The can make custom stuff too
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfool View Post
racingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to racingfool For This Useful Post:
ML (05-31-2020)
Old 05-31-2020, 10:05 AM   #16
ML

Drives: 13 White MT FR-S
Thanked 1,129 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfool View Post
Whoops

Build Thread https://www.instagram.com/mount_tele_lion/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
I swear I will punch your car if you put these on. Right in the face.
ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:26 AM   #17
PekoPeko

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONCOFF View Post
So, what's the widest seat somebody has been able to get in the car and retain sliders?

Has anyone installed an OMP HTE-R XL seat in the car? If so, how was it mounted? Brand names would help me please, following posting rules, no solicitation, no pricing.
With this forum base, some of you must have run into this.
Thanks in advance.

I have an OMP WRC XL and had a couple configurations. I'm pretty sure you won't have any of my seat issues since the HTE-R XL has almost 2 inches more clearance on both sides I believe on the shoulders and 3/4 inch on the base.

Started with a Sparco base and Sparco rails with OMP HC733 brackets. Mounting everything as far right as I could, the trans tunnel rubbed a little on the front corner and the shoulder padding rubbed a little on the door. Nothing major but was constant contact which caused the door to squeak. I also had to cut about half an inch from the slider rails as the Sparco base is at an angle and you will not be able to go full extension before the inner rails hit the floor. This combo does sit higher than stock though, maybe 1-1.5 inches or so but was comfortable and easy to put in.

I also tried the Buddy Club Super Low rails. A lot more contact on the door than the previous setup but it sits lower than stock. I was able to close the door fully so I would think that you might barely touch if at all on the shoulder. The rails are absolute garbage though so dont expect a smooth slide.

Right now I'm using the Sparco base with no rails and modified mounting points for the brackets to give me a sliver of space between the door while being lower than the Buddy Clubs. I'm the only driver so no need to move the seat but I am thinking of modifying the Buddy Club with some custom brackets for funsies.

Hope this helps.
PekoPeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:29 PM   #18
Alan

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Ltd. / E60 M5
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PekoPeko View Post
Right now I'm using the Sparco base with no rails and modified mounting points for the brackets to give me a sliver of space between the door while being lower than the Buddy Clubs. I'm the only driver so no need to move the seat but I am thinking of modifying the Buddy Club with some custom brackets for funsies.

Hope this helps.
This is essentially my setup as well. Custom drilled Planted base with Planted brackets so that the seat touches nowhere (although I did remove my headliner and b-pillar trim). Same situation as I am the only driver. Seat is plenty low enough with plenty of headroom - even with my giant head and 2xl helmet.
2013 BRZ Limited | SWP | Verus Ventus 1 and High-Efficiency Rear Wing | Invidia N1 Ti | JR Oil Cooler | RCE T2 | RaceSeng Cas/Cam | SPL LCA & TA | Wilwood/RR Racing Stage II/Sport Performance | XP10 | Apex ARC-8 | Toyo R888R | 245/40-17 | Sparco Ergo II/Evo II | AIM MXP | SmartyCam GP HD 2.2
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote