follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #99
J_kennington

Drives: 2013 asphalt scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by codesplice View Post
I carry a 26 as well, IWB at about 4 o'clock. Compact enough to stay on my hip comfortably for most drives, but I also wedge it (and the Remora holster it's in) between the seat and the door if needed.
Yea 9/10 mine is in a custom kydex IWB holster. About the only time I open carry is at the range, then it's in a Blackhawk cqb holster.
2005 Yamaha yz250f
J_kennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #100
Lord Peth

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have a lock box with a steel cable I put through the frame in the trunk. makes it easy to de-gun inconspicuously. In my TC I had it in the glove box, wasn't very convenient, and before I gave the 1er to the wife I had the cable through the back seat seat belt bar and the box under the seat. So far I like the trunk best.

Edit-forgot about this until I posted, maybe a solution for you

http://kholster.com/proddetail.php?prod=Kopi
Lord Peth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #101
retoocs

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I carry a Para Carry 9, basically 3" 1911. The problem with carrying while driving is if you get it in the right place for comfort, it might not be easily accessible. I have it at my 3 o'clock and it is not the easiest to draw while buckled in.
retoocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #102
Boxer486
Banned

Drives: small
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
So what? You're going to shoot at an organized group of armed and trained soldiers?

Even if you managed to kill a couple and drive them off, how long before they show up at your front door with a tank or level your whole house with any number of means the army has to stop insurgents?

I'm not against people having guns, I just don't think you've thought this through...

This must surely be some sort of joke or troll attempt. Surely you are not that ignorant of history.

Yes, if they are acting criminally or immorally. It would be considered moral and civic duty. That's actually exactly how the United States came to become a nation much like many others. British soldiers showed up at people's doors and imposed their will upon them, in many times not so nice ways.

I don't think you've thought anything through. It's not about me versus the US or any domestic or foreign aggressor. It's about We the People standing together to protect our innate freedoms against potential and actual oppression. When the government puts you and your friends up for execution because they don't like your opinions or because you were falsely accused, will you and your neighbors wish you had the right to protect and defend yourselves then?

To be honest, it's people with your mindset that I fear far more than any army or tank. I used to have my own tank fyi, served in the military, and have multiple degrees including History, Philosophy and Political Science. I think I've thought this out better than yourself sir. Surely somebody must have thought it out better to have provided you with that you do not see fit to defend. How amazing is it that you can openly disagree with others without having ever picked up a firearm or having to defend yourself. I wonder how that happened? Interesting...
Boxer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boxer486 For This Useful Post:
woode (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #103
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
Am I the only one who can daily carry a 1911 Commander (Dan Wesson V-Bob) in either IWB or OWB at 4 O'clock and NOT be uncomfortable sitting or driving with it?

I'm not a big guy, either. Skinny. 30" waist, 5'11" tall. I like its slim single stack nature for carry in tighter confines than I do any gun that is double stack (even if it's smaller). Width, not length is the concealment and comfort factor for me.
ooohh Dan Wesson. That's a nice piece of equipment! I was looking at getting a Pointman Nine...but they've since sold out (took the state 7 months to get back to me on approving it).
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #104
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
ooohh Dan Wesson. That's a nice piece of equipment! I was looking at getting a Pointman Nine...but they've since sold out (took the state 7 months to get back to me on approving it).
7 months is what I'd expect on buying a suppressor or getting approval for an SBR upper.

What's nice about guns is that MSRP is the price ceiling... and most dealers will sell WELL below MSRP. I got my V-Bob for $1600. Traded in my S&W E-series 1911 for it too. It was the trigger. It was simply perfection.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #105
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

Drives: fr-s, tundra
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
this is the best thread on the history of the forums.

even better than the guy that cried wolf about winning a brz for cheap on ebay when the seller didn't follow thru, and begged this community to do something about it.

I love you, ft86club.com
Old 04-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #106
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supramkivtt2jz View Post
You guys also take your snowmobile down through the woods to the Hunting, Fishing, and Apologising Store, say you're sorry to the moose on the wall, buy groceries using maple syrup, drive home to your igloo, and have sex with your French Canadian supermodel wifes.

Just simple cultural differences, ya know?
sex with french canadian supermodels is pretty awesome. just sayin'.
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #107
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Careful which of us you call "yankees" . For some of us, calling us "yankee" is only survivable b/c you're given the benefit of the doubt about where the Mason-Dixon line is .
Exactly my point about French Canucks ! LOL .

DEO VINDICE ! Long live the stars and bars ! ( I love my LE MAT - nine 42cal. balls and 1 grapeshot ).

CERBERUS
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RFB For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #108
Creole

Drives: Monogram FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I keep my glock 19 either on the side of my leg (on the right) or on the floor board depending on who's riding with me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #109
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
I carry a 5.25 inch barreled double stack Springfield xdm iwb in a kydex/leather crossbreed holster. I'm 5 foot 5 175 pounds 6-7% bodyfat 27-28inch waist and I dont like going far in the seat with it. Hits my ribs/lats since my torso is so short.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
i'm 5' 10'', 150lbs, my xdm .40 in the paddle is taller than I am wide, it hits the side bolster which pushes it into my side. I used to hang the paddle on the side pocket of my 240.. won't fit in the frs. Also trying to find a good place that doesn't scratch up my interior.
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #110
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

Drives: violent
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
i'm 5' 10'', 150lbs, my xdm .40 in the paddle is taller than I am wide, it hits the side bolster which pushes it into my side. I used to hang the paddle on the side pocket of my 240.. won't fit in the frs. Also trying to find a good place that doesn't scratch up my interior.
Look at the pictures I posted in the beginning of the thread. That's the xdm paddle holster. It does scratch though if you are heavily stippled and taped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #111
Pizzman
Crap another obsession.

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Very much so. Will the people only interested in delivering lines along the lines of "why do you need a gun?" please exit gracefully or just simply quietly. The OP didn't start the thread to have that discussion. He wants to know how to carry comfortable and effectively in his car. His reasons are his own, and it's legal for him to do so. Discussion of motives is not on the table.

Every gun thread no matter how innocently started usually ends up like this when ccw detractors or "what are you scared of" promoters jump in. So, folks, stop it. Just stop it.

/rant

BACK on topic, thank you!

Ok I apologize. It was off topic.

Carry on.
Pizzman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pizzman For This Useful Post:
Mooseknuckle44 (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #112
pche
Guy on internet

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Hey another gun debate! Tried this once and the thread was locked in 2 hours. I wondered about this since before I bought my BRZ, where to put my gun is a big concern to me when it comes to car buying.

This is what I came up with:
My 1911 stays in my crossbreed at about 3 o'clock, it's surprisingly comfortable, it does however leave a "dent" in my leather seat. I have a J- frame in a SERPA OWB that I click on to the door pocket. The lip of the pocket retains the holster nicely for a quick and confident draw. When I exist the car I simply transfer the J frame into a pocket holster as a BUG.

I also clip a Benchmade automatic on my sun visor for quick access.
pche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
'murica, bieber, fuckyeah, glove box, gun, handgun, holster