follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 06-02-2019, 05:21 PM   #1
MugsBRZ
Trying to join the club

Drives: 2016 BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SOLD - please delete

SOLD - please delete

Updated May 19
Driveshaft Shop Carbon Fiber 2.75" Driveshaft for manual transmission car SOLD

Thanks,
Daniel

Last edited by MugsBRZ; 05-20-2020 at 01:14 AM. Reason: price reduction
Old 08-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,067 Times in 674 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Ahh...to live in a place where parts stay that clean looking...lol
Old 05-17-2020, 06:05 PM   #3
tian105

Drives: M4
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
what were your driving impressions when you had this installed? Would appreciate if you could also share, how hard the install was?
The Following User Says Thank You to tian105 For This Useful Post:
Evil Rocky (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 11:53 PM   #4
MugsBRZ
Trying to join the club

Drives: 2016 BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tian105 View Post
what were your driving impressions when you had this installed? Would appreciate if you could also share, how hard the install was?
The net result for me was a more responsive car. The carbon fiber (or aluminum) DS reduces rotational mass (in the case of the CF, it's less than half the weight) and makes power transfer from the gearbox to the differential more efficient. My understanding from reading posts on here and other online research is that the CF version has less chance or NVH compared to the aluminum one, which is why I opted for it. Plus, I figured since I was trying to go light, I might as well go as light as possible with CF instead of aluminum. It's a single piece unit vs the OEM dual section unit. Since the DSS kit doesn't have that pivot point like the OEM, it can transfer energy more efficiently.

The installation was easy with a lift and a buddy, which is the setup I had when I installed the CF DS. When I swapped back to stock, I was in my garage under the car on a creeper with my wife helping. That was more challenging, mainly due to the weight of the OEM DS and being under the car on my back, but it still wasn't difficult.

I was really pleased with the upgrade and with the quality of the DSS's CF DS. Mine is still available and is one of the few parts I have left from swapping back to stock.

Thanks,
Daniel

Closed Thread