follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
whitejdm

Drives: BRZ prem.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Still torn between WRB or silver.

I had my heart set on a red BR-Z but thanks to Canada sucking that's no longer an option. My pre-order is for a WRB limited (sport-tech for CND) but I'm starting to think the blue wont have the right look with what I plan on doing to the car. I'm not really sure what I'm asking but if anyone has any insight or was struggling with the same choice I'd love to hear it haha

Thanks!
whitejdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
What do you plan to do with the car then?
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
brianbot5000

Drives: White WRX Hatchback, Toyota Pickup
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not sure what your plans are, but here's my 2 cents... Silver will be more understated and classy...more "adult". WRB will be a bit more flashy, more unique...in a line of cars, WRB will pop out from around the crowd whereas silver will blend in.

Personally, I went silver for the reasons above. I also think silver shows the car's lines better. I also like how the tail lights blend in more with the silver.
brianbot5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianbot5000 For This Useful Post:
Oilers99 (05-20-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
gdi2290
Web Designer/Programmer

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited (Lemon)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbot5000 View Post
Not sure what your plans are, but here's my 2 cents... Silver will be more understated and classy...more "adult". WRB will be a bit more flashy, more unique...in a line of cars, WRB will pop out from around the crowd whereas silver will blend in.

Personally, I went silver for the reasons above. I also think silver shows the car's lines better. I also like how the tail lights blend in more with the silver.
I switched over from WRB to SSM for this very reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejdm View Post
I had my heart set on a red BR-Z but thanks to Canada sucking that's no longer an option. My pre-order is for a WRB limited (sport-tech for CND) but I'm starting to think the blue wont have the right look with what I plan on doing to the car. I'm not really sure what I'm asking but if anyone has any insight or was struggling with the same choice I'd love to hear it haha

Thanks!
here is a quick list

SSM
  • Mature
    Classy
    Can't go wrong with silver
    3rd best resell value
    Shows less dents/scratches
    Less people buying SSM vs WRB
    Less Flashy Less noticeable
    • Less likely to get noticed by the cops
      by thieves
      by people keying your car due to jealousy
WRB
  • Different
    Sexy
    More likely to attract attention
    Black on WRB looks sexy
    It's Subaru
    • by girls
      by younger peeps
      by Cops
      by thieves
      by jealous peeps
Old 05-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
viper_driver

Drives: 2013 BRZ ordered!
Easy, silver.
viper_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
Jimbo

Drives: 92 NSX, 08 Accord
I don't know about anyone else but I'm just sick of white, gray, black, silver (and all shades within) cars. Just look around. Seems like everyone is choosing a car that is some shade of white/gray/black. Boring.

I happen to really like blue, so the color was easy for me. But I really wish the car companies would offer more color choices today instead of the usual boring choices.

They always have a white, black and silver. And typically a red and blue. And that's it for so many companies today.

How about some nice shades of purple?
Or some root beer colors?
A nice bright yellow would have looked nice on the 86 cars.
Maroon?
Light powder blue metallic?
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
2005 Lotus Elise - (sold but reincarnated by BRZ)
2008 Honda Accord Cpe, Blk/Blk,V6,6 spd, Nav (sold)
2013 Subaru BRZ, Limited, 6 spd Auto, WR Blue
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
BMWDavid

Drives: '89 911, '06 GTI, '13 BRZ
After a long line of gray and silver cars I went with WRB for my BRZ. My GTI is gray and the Porsche is silver, so I had to get something different.

I've never seen WRB in person so I'm hoping that its not a shock!
2013 Subaru BRZ WRB Limited 6MT-gone but not forgotten
2014 Nissan Murano SV
BMWDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
WRXGuy1

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I'm just sick of white, gray, black, silver (and all shades within) cars. Just look around. Seems like everyone is choosing a car that is some shade of white/gray/black. Boring.

I happen to really like blue, so the color was easy for me. But I really wish the car companies would offer more color choices today instead of the usual boring choices.

They always have a white, black and silver. And typically a red and blue. And that's it for so many companies today.

Maroon?
You just described the galaxy blue.

WRXGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WRXGuy1 For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (05-19-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
bucket

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:

Maroon?
How about bright pink pearly metallic...like Yashio Factory style? When has a company ever offered that as a stock color.

I went with WRB because that is the only unique color the BRZ is offered in....and it isn't really that unique. I almost went with the DGM or GBS for hipster reasons (seems like the majority of BRZs are going to be WRB), but stuck with the blue since there are still a lot of other dark grey cars around and GBS is really close to the color of my 240. Too bad there isn't a blind you green or crazy orange option.
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
Lytheum

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
ive had a gray cars for the last 8 years...i went with WRB lol...totally opposite of what im driving now.

i saw a silver one at the auto show and it was nice but didnt do anything for me.
Lytheum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
Jimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket View Post
How about bright pink pearly metallic...like Yashio Factory style? When has a company ever offered that as a stock color.

I went with WRB because that is the only unique color the BRZ is offered in....and it isn't really that unique. I almost went with the DGM or GBS for hipster reasons (seems like the majority of BRZs are going to be WRB), but stuck with the blue since there are still a lot of other dark grey cars around and GBS is really close to the color of my 240. Too bad there isn't a blind you green or crazy orange option.
When I bought my Elise there were a lot of nice colors to choose from. Yes, they had a bunch of grays and blacks but at least they had greens, oranges too. Perhaps there were 20 colors to choose from.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #12

Drives: BRZ MT SWP
the white one is the best, do you really want a blue one?
8987846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #13
bucket

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
When I bought my Elise there were a lot of nice colors to choose from. Yes, they had a bunch of grays and blacks but at least they had greens, oranges too. Perhaps there were 20 colors to choose from.
I noticed that the Elise is (sold), yet the NSX isn't. I considered an Elise in my current round of "damn...I'd like a new car", but they didn't seem very livable day to day. I saw myself continuing to drive a truck everywhere. How does the NSX stack up these days?
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #14
Jimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket View Post
I noticed that the Elise is (sold), yet the NSX isn't. I considered an Elise in my current round of "damn...I'd like a new car", but they didn't seem very livable day to day. I saw myself continuing to drive a truck everywhere. How does the NSX stack up these days?
The Elise was more fun to drive around town than the NSX. Accessible performance at regular speed - much like what I'm expecting from the BRZ.

But, yes, the Elise was tough to live with on a daily basis. I'm a big guy (6' - 240) and could not get into the car unless I unclasped and rolled the roof back - and then rolling it back once I'm in. When the weather was nice - no problem. I'd drive around topless and it was great.

I had to make a decision to cut back to one sports car and the NSX won out. It's really a timeless classic and although it's not as tossable and go-kart like as the Elise it's still a great car. It's just more of a GT car when it comes to around town driving.

I'm viewing the BRZ kind of like a livable daily driver Elise.

The NSX has to be the sports car bargain of the century. You can pick up a nice clean NSX for about what you will pay for a loaded BRZ. And it's a Honda and not like a used Ferrari. Check out www.nsxprime.com

-Jim