follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-02-2022, 02:10 AM   #603
Z06ZN6

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A wiki? Lol. The planet will exist as it has until God's plan for it is over. I guess you're right though, global warming is coming, its just not what you think it is. I'm not too worried about it though since I won't be around. Hope you won't either.

Revelation 16 7-8.

7And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

8And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Last edited by Z06ZN6; 11-02-2022 at 02:24 AM.
Z06ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 02:11 AM   #604
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
they really brushed over this, but it piqued my interest, so i started digging. i'm disappointed.

a. they're only using poe for the blinds, and some control stuff. somewhat typical "connected home" stuff.

b. the voltserver lineup specifically requires 18gauge twisted pair, that is well outside any CAT specification. but it does fall under low voltage wiring categories. this to me is the massive red flag. the video indicated all lighting, switches, and blinds ran off cat6 cable.

c. i can't locate product sheets for the voltserver gear, but we all know it's not 100% efficient...

some new and novel concepts, but voltserver requires a sender and receiver unit for each volt packet. that inherently makes it cost-prohibitive for typical housing. they really need to partner with some lighting brands to really get serious buy-in to the tech.

not to mention, it's a proprietary standard that only they comply with. it works for them, but does anyone even remember control4 anymore? how about ge's take on low voltage lighting control?
http://kyleswitchplates.blogspot.com...ge-switch.html

honestly, i just did some hue lighting control stuff for a customer--their request. it wires funky, but it's on the zigbee control standard, and has a ton of various manufacturers/brands in it. that has a much better chance of sticking around than this voltserver crap.

and even worse, if voltserver goes out of business in 5 years, this guy is now stuck paying millions to change/convert the entire building to a different standard...

I'm confused where you got lost because I don't think the video was being deceiving. He even mentions another company that makes modular units for smaller applications. Here is another article talking about the hotel's systems.

https://connectedremag.com/uncategor...l-electricity/

Quote:
Optimizing a building’Hotel Marcel rooftops energy consumption can be tackled in two ways: By increasing the efficiency of its electricity-drawing devices, and by using intelligent monitoring and control to reduce wasted energy. Such intelligent networks are the specialty of Sinclair Digital Services (SDS) – a leading Class 2 Power and PoE integrator. The development firm Becker + Becker selected SDS to design and manage the infrastructure and network installation at Hotel Marcel.

The wide array of integrated IoT devices throughout the hotel creates the luxury experience that Marcel was seeking to provide for its guests. Each of the 165 guest rooms and suites is equipped with a fine level of monitoring and control that allows guests to customize the room’s environment to their desire with a touchscreen controller. However, the high number of edge devices spread across each room also brought a level of complexity to managing both the power and data needed for each device. The Pirelli Tire building was not constructed with enough local power to deploy PoE switches in the existing IDF closets. The traditional way of adding power would require core drilling with large gauge cables and conduit would be too invasive. In addition, provisioning transformers and circuit breakers would be costly and require a separate pathway from the fiber optic data layer. Facing the congested and delicate environment, SDS brought in VoltServer, whose Digital Electricity™ power distribution platform made it possible to deliver power to the network’s edge in a simple, discreet way.

Digital Electricity can deliver the power levels of AC with the convenience of Class 2 wiring practices due to the inherent safety and intelligence. The VoltServer transmitters take energy from the AC mains whether powered by the grid or the solar arrays. Then it is converted to Digital Electricity, where it is transmitted to remote VoltServer receivers. The receivers, power PoE switches in the IDF closets. The switches then provide power and data over Cat6 cable to a network of low-voltage nodes. Each node acts as an intelligent hub for the PoE lighting and sensor devices.

The result is a single, centralized source of power and data for all the connected devices. This reduced the project complexity by eliminating the need for separate power and data paths in a historic building. The project realized cost savings by reducing the number of contractors required for power and data of the intelligent network. Energy is saved by transitioning low-energy fixtures and intelligent, automated monitoring control. The Marcel Hotel now offers guests a luxury experience in a historic building while achieving unprecedented sustainability goals.
Old 11-02-2022, 02:26 AM   #605
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06ZN6 View Post
A wiki? Lol. The planet will exist as it has until God's plan for it is over. I guess you're right though, global warming is coming, its just not what you think it is. I'm not too worried about it though since I won't be around.

Revalation 16 7-8.

7And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

8And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Apparently, if there is a plan then it is to allow humans to do whatever they want, which seems to be to slowly destroy the planet, and that gets a back to the issue of not serving our own self-interests and protecting the one planet that we live on because if people on this planet believe that it was given to us then I'm sure they could imagine that whatever gave it to us probably intended that we treat it will kindness and not exploit its resources and trash it with our waste and pollution, right?

Which god are you referring to? There are so many these days, and they each have their own messages that I just can't keep up. There are over 45,000 denominations of Christianity alone, but then there are thousands of other religions too with many denominations of their religions and different messages from their gods. Geez, I hope you picked the right one because maybe you believe the wrong message.

Just FYI, once your nerve endings are scorched from fire, you feel no pain. Third degree burns can happen almost instantaneously and leave someone without any pain or feeling. If they don't die before that of suffocation or fluid on the lungs then they die later of infection, but they never feel a thing.

I definitely not worried about anything you are talking about I'm worried about it as equally as you are worried about The Great Ju-Ju On The Mountain and Under The Sea.

Old 11-02-2022, 03:59 AM   #606
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,339 Times in 4,125 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Looks like religious discussion to me.

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (11-02-2022), Irace86.2.0 (11-02-2022), MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires (11-02-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 08:16 AM   #607
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Looks like religious discussion to me.
Yep, guys we get it, @Z06ZN6 you are all in and @Irace86.2.0 you are all out. Nothing more for the two of you to say on that subject.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (11-02-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 10:37 AM   #608
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires

Drives: what
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
honestly it's extremely funny to kramer your way into the thread, drop some bible verses and then peace out
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 12:01 PM   #609
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Yep, guys we get it, @Z06ZN6 you are all in and @Irace86.2.0 you are all out. Nothing more for the two of you to say on that subject.
It really makes no difference. No creator would provide a paradise and then be fine with people trashing it. This is like inviting a guest over, saying help yourselves and make yourself at home, even be fruitful and multiply, I have extra rooms in my house, but they then trash the house, overrun the rooms and eat everything. It just makes zero logic from any perspective on any part of the philosophical spectrum, which is why religious dogma is irrelevant to this discussion about trying to live sustainably on this planet.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #610
Arthur-A

Drives: 2020 BRZ/86, 2020 BMW 330i
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Planet"
Arthur-A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur-A For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (11-02-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 04:05 PM   #611
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,339 Times in 4,125 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
It really makes no difference. No creator would provide a paradise and then be fine with people trashing it. This is like inviting a guest over, saying help yourselves and make yourself at home, even be fruitful and multiply, I have extra rooms in my house, but they then trash the house, overrun the rooms and eat everything. It just makes zero logic from any perspective on any part of the philosophical spectrum, which is why religious dogma is irrelevant to this discussion about trying to live sustainably on this planet.
Fine, get the thread shut down.

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (11-02-2022), x808drifter (11-03-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 05:17 PM   #612
Arthur-A

Umm.. there's also a similar thread in "Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions", while we're at it
Old 11-02-2022, 07:54 PM   #613
Irace86.2.0

They won't delete either thread because those threads will be reference for the younger generations to explain why the third gen is a hybrid and why the fourth gen is electric, and it will be funny for them to look back on all the back and forth.
Dadhawk (11-03-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #614
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,146 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
"Wasn't it great when you could get a car for less than the median annual income and they weighed less than an original hmmwv?"

Wait, did this thread move?
Old 11-02-2022, 10:18 PM   #615
Arthur-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
They won't delete either thread because those threads will be reference for the younger generations to explain why the third gen is a hybrid and why the fourth gen is electric, and it will be funny for them to look back on all the back and forth.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:08 PM   #616
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
"Wasn't it great when you could get a car for less than the median annual income and they weighed less than an original hmmwv?"

Wait, did this thread move?
Electric cars will probably be cheaper and lighter than ICE vehicles eventually. That is what is most likely based on the current trends in battery technology. Electric motors are incredibly small and powerful and don't need to be Telsa fast. The batteries only need to be big enough from A to B and not big enough to travel across all of California, so battery size will likely shrink with increasing density and with battery swapping. Batteries are already invented the supersede lithium ion and that are also much cheaper, so really, it is going to be a win-win with EVs being cheaper and lighter than ICEs.

Remember when solar panels and 60'' big screen TVs were so expensive? Just wait and see when battery tech and the industry explodes. Prices for cars will plummet.

Tags
youguysneedlives