follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-20-2022, 09:28 PM   #1
Danielle.fordy

Drives: 2014 Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile GT86 Lowering Springs

Hey,
I'm looking to buy a set of Whiteline coil springs for my 86, has anyone used these before? Haven't found many reviews for the product. I'm more concerned about aesthetics rather than performance but don't want to come across any unforeseen issues if I choose to buy them.

Thanks
Danielle.fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:20 PM   #2
Enigmeerkat
Enigmeerkat

Drives: 2015 Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
If you're referring to the "Whiteline Performance Lowering Springs WSK-SUB006", then I would advise staying the hell away from them. I had them and honestly it made the car undrivable. You would have a nicer ride with trolley bars instead of suspension. Don't waste your time, effort, and money - save up and buy a proper set of coilovers down the line.
- PSR UEL Header, Invidia R400 Catback
- Whiteline Swaybars, 18" ROH Blue Evo R
Enigmeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:17 AM   #3
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Funny you post this because I just installed these and also had trouble finding experiences of them before install.

Not sure what the guy above is talking about but I have had 0 issues with my whiteline lowering springs. I combined them with a set of BRZ saash shocks which are supposedly stiffer, and I felt almost 0 difference in my ride quality directly after installing.

Been about a month and the springs have settled, over harsh bumps is slightly more noticeable than stock but over all it’s not all that different from stock springs with stock GTS shocks, nothing close to undriveable and I daily drive it. I think people forget that even on stock suspension you still feel the bumps.

The height drop has been perfect, wouldn’t want it any lower. I have the Aero lip and a splitter so my front ride height is visually pretty low, even with the springs I don’t scrape provided I do a slight angle (unless it’s a very steep driveway).

You can also pick them up pretty cheap on sale or on Facebook.
I got my whiteline springs brand new off marketplace for $200, and then got a low km set of Brz Saash shocks + Sti springs for $250. I’m currently selling the included STI springs so (provided they sell) in total the setup will have cost me less than $300

Last edited by Sam86; 09-22-2022 at 04:31 AM.
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:21 AM   #4
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmeerkat View Post
If you're referring to the "Whiteline Performance Lowering Springs WSK-SUB006", then I would advise staying the hell away from them. I had them and honestly it made the car undrivable. You would have a nicer ride with trolley bars instead of suspension. Don't waste your time, effort, and money - save up and buy a proper set of coilovers down the line.
Were they new? Were your shocks in good condition prior? Were they installed correctly? I’ve been dailying the whiteline springs for over a month and the ride quality is not noticeably different to stock. The spring rate is also the exact same as the stock springs
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:52 PM   #5
Enigmeerkat
Enigmeerkat

Drives: 2015 Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
Were they new? Were your shocks in good condition prior? Were they installed correctly? I’ve been dailying the whiteline springs for over a month and the ride quality is not noticeably different to stock. The spring rate is also the exact same as the stock springs
New: yes.
Installed correctly... Well I can only assume so.

At any rate even without the awful ride, it was far too low for me. Unable to get into driveways or car parks (even at an angle) without scraping which sucked.
- PSR UEL Header, Invidia R400 Catback
- Whiteline Swaybars, 18" ROH Blue Evo R
Enigmeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:53 AM   #6
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,123 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
They're made to function with OEM shocks, they will bolt up.

25mm drop, with 3k front spring rates. You'll probably be into the bump stops over big bumps which will feel jarring.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:36 PM   #7
arxm

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2023 BRZ
as an authorized dealer for many brands including whiteline, they're not very popular because there's lots of better riding options for less $$ we sell tein and H&R like 10 times as much as whiteline, ive run eibach springs on my own frs, and have had many customers on just about every variation and I find H&R ride the best and the price appears to be very close, just my opinion though

2023 Ignition Red BRZ 6MT awaiting boost
arxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:29 AM   #8
CedN

Drives: 2013 GT86 fully standard
I have them, installed them together with some almost new 2019 OEM dampers. And i cut the first hump of the bump stops aswell to keep some travel. This setup is great, soo much better riding than my 2013 dampers and stock springs. The wild oversteer behaviour in std form in now more neutral, good or bad depends on what you are after. I use my car every day and occasionally a take it out on track(on Street tyre), and this set-up is really good for just that.