follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
deliroast

Drives: 2014 SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
LC7i integration

Ok, having issues getting all of this to work. Trying to keep everything looking stock so bought an lc7i to run an alpine frx-v70 5 channel amp.

Right now I have 4 gauge kit to a distribution block to power lc7i and the 5 ch amp. Stock amp harness connected to the repinned metra harness. Metra harness providing the front door speaker inputs into channel 1 on the lc7i. RCA from summed channel 3 to the sub channel on the amp. Amp wired back to speaker wire to the door speakers on channel 1/2. Sub pulling from sub channel.

Still not getting any sound. Anyone have any idea why? Also do I run all new speaker wire to the stock speakers from the amp or is there a way to use the factory harness? And do I need another set of RCA from channels 1 and 2 to the channel 1/2 and 3/4 on the amp?

Sorry for horrible format, kind of a pain on an iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M3 > BRZ

Last edited by deliroast; 03-24-2014 at 12:37 PM.
deliroast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
mashal
DADA

Drives: 2013
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
So I read the first 5 lines and completely got lost.
Anyways I'll just give you a suggestion.
Draw a wiring diagram for yourself, it will make the most sense.
mashal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
deliroast

Garage
Ok. Cleaned this up a little for better clarification. Have a diagram drawn out but it's what I have and should be good but nothing.

M3 > BRZ
Old 03-25-2014, 12:42 AM   #4
mashal
DADA

Does your amp turn on? Does the lc7 turn on? Why are you wiring back from you amp to the lc7?
This what i would do..Disconmect the lc7i and just wire the amp, get that going first then incorporate the lc7 into the system.
Sorry but I even drew out what you said on your post and I'm still lost
Old 03-25-2014, 04:51 AM   #5
deliroast

Garage
LC7i integration

It's not going amp back to lc7. That harness has the door speaker input and amplified output. The inputs are going to the lc7. The outputs are ran from the amp. To answer your first questions, yes amp and lc7 both turn on. Will try wiring amp alone to see if that works. Thanks for trying to help. First time trying to add more than simple loc on a stock system instead of usual replace everything.

M3 > BRZ
Old 03-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
mashal
DADA

any updates? Would love to know what the snag was
Old 03-28-2014, 03:15 AM   #7
deliroast

Garage
Everything is working great now. Moved RCA cables from channel 3 to main channel and swapped the output to sub over to bridge and good to go.

Will say I originally had an lc7 not lc7i like I thought and do believe I might have been sent a bad one. When power was connected in the same way I would get nothing for output and when power disconnected I would get a very weak signal.

Original lc7 will be going back and I'll be running the rest of the wires to the stock speakers and prepping for component install. Also cleaning up the wiring mess I have right now lol.

M3 > BRZ
Old 03-28-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
mashal
DADA

Good stuff! Glad its all working for ya, yeah to clean up my wiring soon too
Old 07-22-2015, 10:00 PM   #9
acronin2

Drives: 4runner
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliroast View Post
Everything is working great now. Moved RCA cables from channel 3 to main channel and swapped the output to sub over to bridge and good to go.

Will say I originally had an lc7 not lc7i like I thought and do believe I might have been sent a bad one. When power was connected in the same way I would get nothing for output and when power disconnected I would get a very weak signal.

Original lc7 will be going back and I'll be running the rest of the wires to the stock speakers and prepping for component install. Also cleaning up the wiring mess I have right now lol.

Just installed the the LC7i with 2014 Bespoke touchscreen and it sounds pretty good but I am barely getting any output volume to the sub. I have to have the amp (5ch ARC XDI805) gain turned all the way up along with the base boost knob on the amp and the base boost on the LC7i to get any volume from the sub.

I am feeding the front speaker signals from the Bespoke headunit to the LC7i main channel and the rear speaker signals from the Bespoke headunit to the channel 2 input of the LC7i. I have the Auto Summing jumper of the LC7i set to ON so that it will provide a channel 3 (subwoofer) output by summing channel 2 input. I then connect the RCA output cables to the 5 ch amp. The sub is working but the volume is really low even with the gains maxed out. Any ideas on whats going on???
acronin2 is offline   Reply With Quote