follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 03-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #1
Glock_86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Turbo 14PSI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Deleting Purge valve

I have been struggling with this issue for awhile now. just itching my head at it tbh. I have a 2013 scion frs turbo charged. I have a EBCS connected to the CPC port which was the port that the purge valve was connected to. I have plugged the evap Vaccum lines coming off the purge valve. However, my question is i am getting a CEL code. For evap small and large leak and incorrect purge flow. Is this supposed to be a deleted CEL code after the EBCS install after being tuned. or could there possibly be something else that would be causing this.
Glock_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:21 PM   #2
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Why not plug it in the way it's supposed to be and see if the code goes away? Then you'll have your answer- if it goes away, plug it back into your EBCS and then turn the code off
Old 03-08-2021, 03:38 PM   #3
Glock_86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Why not plug it in the way it's supposed to be and see if the code goes away? Then you'll have your answer- if it goes away, plug it back into your EBCS and then turn the code off
Okay i will let you know how that goes tonight. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2021, 04:06 PM   #4
Glock_86

Quote:
Thing is though the evap system runs when the car is being driven. So i will have my purge valve back in but my ebcs disconnecting causing major fluctuations with my turbo. Not really wanting anything bad to happen to the good ole turbiski. soooo i mean i guess i could stay off of it but i would legit have to drive the car.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:11 PM   #5
RZNT4R
Professional Mechanic

Drives: 2017 86 6MT Oceanic
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Why not just T the purge line and boost control to the same nipple?
RZNT4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:31 PM   #6
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock_86 View Post
Thing is though the evap system runs when the car is being driven. So i will have my purge valve back in but my ebcs disconnecting causing major fluctuations with my turbo. Not really wanting anything bad to happen to the good ole turbiski. soooo i mean i guess i could stay off of it but i would legit have to drive the car.
Yeah it's a test, definitely not advising that you drive hard like that. Just avoid the gas pedal and see if it silences your CEL
Old 03-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #7
Glock_86

Quote:
Yeah it's a test, definitely not advising that you drive hard like that. Just avoid the gas pedal and see if it silences your CEL
I was going to delete the code last night to see if it would come back up, didn't get time, so today I will shoot for it again.
However, I did want to note that I was digging into some forums and found that some people are stating that the EVAP system CEL is deleted for turbo tunes.
I just want someone to have that statement hold true. I tried to email Dynosty (the ones that tuned my car) so i can get reassurance that this is what they have to do with turbo tuning after installing a EBCS on a CPC port. However, i still haven't got a message back from them.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:04 AM   #8
Glock_86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock_86 View Post
I was going to delete the code last night to see if it would come back up, didn't get time, so today I will shoot for it again.
However, I did want to note that I was digging into some forums and found that some people are stating that the EVAP system CEL is deleted for turbo tunes.
I just want someone to have that statement hold true. I tried to email Dynosty (the ones that tuned my car) so i can get reassurance that this is what they have to do with turbo tuning after installing a EBCS on a CPC port. However, i still haven't got a message back from them.
AS i wrote this they emailed me back and im scheduling an appointment to see what the issue is. the person im working with stated he has no frame of reference on the matter of deleting the evap system. So im gunna have to bring it in and see what's going on.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:11 PM   #9
Glock_86

RESOLVED

ISSUE: CEL CODE for EVAP leaks was not deleted when tuning extensively on Dyno from Dynosty.

Code is now deleted!

Solutions: If you all every run into this issue. where you have a Electronic boost control valve connected to CPC port. Please make sure the EVAP system is deleted/ or codes for the purge valve. or you will get stuck with a check engine light.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glock_86 For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (03-30-2021)

Tags
cpc, ebcs, evap, leak, purge