follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #169
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
they seem lost right now

was suppose to get car today but it did not show up

sooo sad
Old 06-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #170
bneale

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
I was called today, telling me my car is ready...an asphalt manual..i wanted firestorm..lol, i said give it to the next guy, i really don't care at this point

I told him straight up, i'm not sure about getting this car, Can i come in on the weekend and maybe take it out for 15-20 minutes? Answer :"No, I can't let you do that, Lots of people want to drive it on the weekend". ME:"What if i give you an EXACT time i want to take the car out, you can't do anything for me?" Salesmen - "No"

WTF...do you want my business or not..

That really sucks man. I think I was sitting right next to the guy when he called you actually.

I was there yesterday to see what's up with my car. I got pre-approved for my loan and sorted out the trade in on my Audi. So now I'm simply waiting for the car to actually show up.

I don't know for sure, but I think Mr.Jay and me both have blue cars waiting for us at port. We're just waiting for Scion Canada to truck them over to the dealership. Apparently the dealer has no control over this and can't really give me a timeline.

I told them though, "I'll be back.... on thursday" in my best Arnold voice to trade my Audi.

Ben
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #171
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Lame >_> I just called Ahmed and he said that that my car isn't coming until end of June. They said the 2 asphalt they have got chosen by people who ordered in september and october. I'm so confused right now lol.
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #172
cRazy604
too nuts

Drives: Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
Lame >_> I just called Ahmed and he said that that my car isn't coming until end of June. They said the 2 asphalt they have got chosen by people who ordered in september and october. I'm so confused right now lol.
wtf? i was told that if you switch colors you go to the end of the line of that color ... thats stupid
cRazy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #173
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Garage
Yeah I don't know what's happening. Cory got offered and passed on an asphalt manual (which the car I ordered), and I think I was ahead of him in the line cause I preordered it back in December. Either I got my ordering wrong or this has to do with me switching my transmission, and got pushed back in the line.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #174
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
thats funny since one of them was Cory and he said to let the next guy have it which I would assume is you
Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #175
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Garage
Oh well I'm not really in a hurry. I'm getting swarmed by these summer classes anyways. Condensing a whole week worth of lecture into 1 day is brutal. I guess this gives me enough time to et the grimspeed liscence plate thing. Anyone around Vancouver want to order it together? The cost to ship it here is like $30 which is like half of what it cost.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #176
stanm

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just came home from testing the FR-S at OpenRoad Port Moody. Whiteout A/T.
Amazing car!
stanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #177
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Quote:

What the hell?..seriously..i'm surprised you're not more pissed...weren't you #2 in line?..I don't think changing Color OR transmission shouldn't change anything..they're not factory orders..

Past to Present
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #178
Marloon

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
i drove the demo car today right before i take my exam tomorrow. Lots of pressure on this one test.

Anyways, my conclusion. MOAR POWER PLEASE - i am being 100% serious on that. The car is slooowww (well i had ahmed sitting next to me and another friend sitting in the back).

On straight aways the car is sloowwww. Sorry to say but its true. If you were looking for torque and speed, its not the car for you. Too bad there is no overhead cam on this car. would have been very nice.
Marloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #179
djjd42

Drives: Whiteout MT now, Alfas in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marloon View Post
On straight aways the car is sloowwww. Sorry to say but its true. If you were looking for torque and speed, its not the car for you. Too bad there is no overhead cam on this car. would have been very nice.
Having driven the same car on the same test drive route on Sunday, your post brought two things immediately to mind:

1. Their test drive route is doing the car no favours. Drive straight. Stop. Turn. Drive straight. Stop. Turn. Etc.

2. Test driving a car not yet through it's break-in is also not doing me any favours.

I felt like I had to mentally extrapolate many of the things that make the car what it is purported to be. I can only hope I haven't extrapolated incorrectly. Especially as I came out of the afternoon having placed an order.

With specific regard to power, however, I did notice something interesting. Even without the opportunity to really push the car and toss it around, every time I thought it didn't feel powerful enough and was wishing for more power I then promptly noticed that I had already blown through the speed limit.

A bit more power would of course be welcome, but I suspect that a decent test drive route and a broken-in car might tell a whole different story about any need for power.
djjd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #180
Marloon

Drives: 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjd42 View Post
Having driven the same car on the same test drive route on Sunday, your post brought two things immediately to mind:

1. Their test drive route is doing the car no favours. Drive straight. Stop. Turn. Drive straight. Stop. Turn. Etc.

2. Test driving a car not yet through it's break-in is also not doing me any favours.

I felt like I had to mentally extrapolate many of the things that make the car what it is purported to be. I can only hope I haven't extrapolated incorrectly. Especially as I came out of the afternoon having placed an order.

With specific regard to power, however, I did notice something interesting. Even without the opportunity to really push the car and toss it around, every time I thought it didn't feel powerful enough and was wishing for more power I then promptly noticed that I had already blown through the speed limit.

A bit more power would of course be welcome, but I suspect that a decent test drive route and a broken-in car might tell a whole different story about any need for power.
you're right, the route specified doesn't do anything for the car. but this is the same type of route that you'll be driving. I'm thinking in my head, is this really want i want to drive? or do i want more power knowing that it'll be my toy.

I think because the car is so well composed that you don't really feel the acceleration of the car. I gotta drive the car with just ahmed in it. lol. Instead of an additional passenger.
Marloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:23 AM   #181
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marloon View Post
i drove the demo car today right before i take my exam tomorrow. Lots of pressure on this one test.

Anyways, my conclusion. MOAR POWER PLEASE - i am being 100% serious on that. The car is slooowww (well i had ahmed sitting next to me and another friend sitting in the back).

???

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:31 AM   #182
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
What the hell?..seriously..i'm surprised you're not more pissed...weren't you #2 in line?..I don't think changing Color OR transmission shouldn't change anything..they're not factory orders..
I wasn't far up in line, I would have been more pissed if I wasn't so busy.