follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #15
sshole
Banned

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
If he's doing that in another thread, then let the mods handle it there. Don't bring that over here.

I see nothing wrong with lurking for a year. Means at the very least that he's been reading here for a year before deciding to open his mouth. Good for him. Not your business.

Now, if he starts acting suspicious with his posts, then that's cause for concern, but lurking for a year isn't suspicious unless what he's posting IS. This doesn't happen to fall under that moniker. It does fall under "pretty damn useful!"

And if his microfiber towels ARE that great, then let him apply as a vendor and sell them here if he's that confident in them, and let us be the judge of whether his product is good or not.
If the OP had presented his case as eloquently as you have, then maybe I wouldn't have been so suspicious in the first place. I won't even go into him using his military service as a cop out.
sshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #16
Junkman2008

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshole View Post
... He also appears to be trying to sell his own microfiber towels in his other thread (http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59817), which would be against forum rules. Edit: I haven't watched that other video because my lunch break is only 30 minutes long and I would rather not waste half of that time watching this guy's goofy face move about my computer screen.
Wow, you really keep stepping in it today, don't you?

I don't sell Microfiber towels. I own a computer networking firm. That's what I do for a living. I had to buy the towels that I showed in that video in order to evaluate them myself. Once I found out how nice they were, I shared that information with the world via the Internet. You know, sorta like what the Internet is all about? Sharing information? But since you haven't bothered to look at any of my videos, you don't know that now do you?

Oh, and the military is not a cop out. You will find that I am one VERY proud Marine if you watch ANY of my videos. The hood liner on my car reflects that.

But again, you have judged without doing any footwork now have you?

SirBrass (03-04-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #17
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Soo…. you didn't remove all the swirls?
Turbo95eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #18
sshole
Banned

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Wow, you really keep stepping in it today, don't you?

I don't sell Microfiber towels. I own a computer networking firm. That's what I do for a living. I had to buy the towels that I showed in that video in order to evaluate them myself. Once I found out how nice they were, I shared that information with the world via the Internet. You know, sorta like what the Internet is all about? Sharing information? But since you haven't bothered to look at any of my videos, you don't know that now do you?

If you had put in a link to a product that you thought was good to use, it would've curbed much of my suspicion. Since you have clarified that point, I shall remove myself from this thread.

Good info you posted, regardless of what this convo may have devolved into.
sshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #19
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

Best. Facepalm. EVER

Better than the Riker/Picard/Riker tripple facepalm

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
Junkman2008 (03-11-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #20
z3ro
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Because it is my daily driver. The thing has more rust holes in it than the Titanic. Had you watched ALL of the videos, you would have seen me dancing on the hood. I could care LESS with how that car looks because I use it to take money away from people who assume things like you. The drive train and everything associated with it would scare you with all its nastiness. It's called a sleeper and you definitely don't want any of it.

No offense, but posting a youtube video of what sounds like a poorly running El Camino doesn't scare me. In addition, my FR-S is my daily driver, and I still would not leave a wrench laying on it. Lastly, you will never take any of my money as your response to any form of criticism is poor at best. Instead of immediately lashing out, a better approach would be to make a joke or counter with an intelligent response rather then making angry comments about taking money from people.

Quote:
Because this is America and I fought for the right for you and I to freely do what we please within the law of the land. So since you don't care, move on so that people who do care can learn something useful. Peace.

While i congratulate and very deeply thank you for your service as you did something my lungs couldn't keep up with, a rank of corporal at 4 years, denoted by your service stripe, tells me something is off.
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #21
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
z3ro, while I have never served, there is a term for what you describe in the last sentence. That term is "terminal lance". It's usually seen in combat MOS's (or whatever acronymn the USMC uses for the same thing).

I'd reserve judgement on that, is all.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
Old 03-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #22
z3ro
Banned

Quote:
z3ro, while I have never served, there is a term for what you describe in the last sentence. That term is "terminal lance". It's usually seen in combat MOS's (or whatever acronymn the USMC uses for the same thing).

I'd reserve judgement on that, is all.
Never heard that one. We used to call them "Lance Colonel's"

Last edited by z3ro; 03-04-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #23
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Basically it's a term for someone who is literally stuck at lance b/c of how the service determines advancement and where it needs to "refill" positions. So, you can have a perfectly promotable lance cpl , but b/c of how the system works, if he's combat related, he can easily fall into the cracks and NEVER get promoted, and remain a lance until his term of service is up and he decides to not re-up.

Not sure if that's the case with junkman. I just bring it up as a fairly common example of how someone can be lance for quite a long time due to no fault of his own.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
Old 03-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #24
z3ro
Banned

Quote:
Basically it's a term for someone who is literally stuck at lance b/c of how the service determines advancement and where it needs to "refill" positions. So, you can have a perfectly promotable lance cpl , but b/c of how the system works, if he's combat related, he can easily fall into the cracks and NEVER get promoted, and remain a lance until his term of service is up and he decides to not re-up.

Not sure if that's the case with junkman. I just bring it up as a fairly common example of how someone can be lance for quite a long time due to no fault of his own.
hmmm, thanks for the knowledge.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #25
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshole View Post
You've held off on posting for 1 entire year just to troll the detailing subforum? I guess it's good info and all, but still. Really?
Really?! Dude posts good information and you chastise him for it. You really do live up to your forum name...

The only troll I see here is you.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #26
Junkman2008

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ro View Post
No offense, but posting a youtube video of what sounds like a poorly running El Camino doesn't scare me. In addition, my FR-S is my daily driver, and I still would not leave a wrench laying on it.
LOL! If that sounds like a poorly running El Camino to you, you have very little knowledge about engines! Oh, I guess I shouldn't dance on the hood either, right?

Quote:
Lastly, you will never take any of my money as your response to any form of criticism is poor at best. Instead of immediately lashing out, a better approach would be to make a joke or counter with an intelligent response rather then making angry comments about taking money from people.
Well if you don't want any part of the El Camino, you sure as hell don't want any part of my OTHER ride.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFM2iWUo5w"]AMS 2010 - Junkman Rolling with the Camaros! - YouTube[/ame]

Quote:
While i congratulate and very deeply thank you for your service as you did something my lungs couldn't keep up with, a rank of corporal at 4 years, denoted by your service stripe, tells me something is off.
Quote:

BAM! NAILED IT!

For someone who didn't serve, you are VERY aware of how the system works. I kept my nose clean for 4 years straight. Not a blemish on my record whatsoever. But because I was an 0311 (combat infantry man), and served during a time when getting promoted was a luxury, I did good to make E4 (Corporal). You my man KNOW a thing or two about the military.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #27
psyclone07

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good stuff!
psyclone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #28
Muskokan

Drives: white Sport-tech
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The Internet is not friendly today, good info op sorry about the bullshit! I swear this forums pretty decent most days
Muskokan is offline   Reply With Quote