follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #29
GT86Dan

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow , so now 4 cases all exact same issue.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #30
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
His responses to your cases are almost sickening. I'm truly sad that you all got stuck with these kinds of problems.

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #31
langjai23

Drives: 14 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
its too bad that this is how its being resolved. knowing what you guys are experienced would turn me away from future purchase.
langjai23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #32
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Damn! This thread is so painful to read... Spent good chunk of your hard working money and get slap across the face.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #33
tofurun

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by langjai23 View Post
its too bad that this is how its being resolved. knowing what you guys are experienced would turn me away from future purchase.
They're sending him money to get it re welded locally also. Didn't ask him if they offered to take it back and repair. I'm sure the cost for him to ship it to them would've been more then he was given though lol. Idk for me it's the point of the matter
Old 07-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #34
GT86Dan

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurun View Post
They're sending him money to get it re welded locally also. Didn't ask him if they offered to take it back and repair. I'm sure the cost for him to ship it to them would've been more then he was given though lol. Idk for me it's the point of the matter
I didn't take the $50 because if something happens again to the exhaust, he can just say you received the money go away. Technically speaking he now fulfilled his "industry standard warranty" and can tell you **** off.

Its just sickening that we now have 4 cases of the same issue and he still has not made any move to right an obvious wrong.

I ended up buying a new exhaust to mount up. Going to weld the Dezod and hopefully sell it off. At this point i want nothing on my car to be associated with that company.
mixtape (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 03:57 PM   #35
DezodDevelopment

Drives: BRZ blue
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Well hello there,

This is Chris from Dezod Motorsports.

I wanted to offer transparency to the thought processes so I can clear the air. I can attach the copy of the full email conversation. I want to be clear I have nothing to hide. I always deal with all the cards face up. Frankly, my time is valuable and from his position I can imagine that his is too, maybe I’m wrong. I too have the entirety of the email to share with you all if you'd like.

The warranty states as if the item can be repaired then it meets a repair warranty. If the section simply falls apart then of course yes Dezod would be happy to replace that item. This is a repair warranty and would be very easy to handle. The policies and warranty offered is exactly that, it is not so malleable to fit anyone’s agenda. Not having nor going to build more of the V1 units is not an excuse of any kind, it is a fact of which would not have changed the outcome of this situation. Of course we are aware of the situation and yes that’s why there’s a V2 now. To say that there is no care given to the product is ludicrous. Dezod has taken steps to remedy the issues from the past as well as strengthening the V2’s so that we can future proof our products.

Regarding the conversation I cut right to the point and in hopes of making it as painless as possible as this would be a difficult conversation to have for anyone. Dezod offered two value added options neither of which were very costly to the customer at all. Clearly there was no intention of shirking any responsibility or stonewalling anyone in this situation in any manner. The options I offered are in fact parallel with industry standard.

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/suppor...y/exhaust.html

http://www.greddy.com/warranty/

I hate that all the people are upset. I'll be happy to make things right with said repair warranties to those that have problems. Please let me know if I can help any of you, I am certainly aware of what's happening and more than happy to handle the situation under our policies and guide lines.

Chris

Last edited by DezodDevelopment; 07-27-2016 at 08:18 PM.
DezodDevelopment is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DezodDevelopment For This Useful Post:
Aaronimoe (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 04:06 PM   #36
mixtape
Posts in the nude

I am glad that you came to join the conversation and I am sure that the users of your exhaust in this thread appreciate it - it's good that a V2 is (or will be) available.

However, "cutting right to the point" like that in answers to issues and questions may not always "get to the point", as we noticed in some quoted conversations here. I know that if I got a response like the few posted in this thread, I would not be happy.

These are just my $0.02. I do not have this exhaust, nor do I sell them, so I cannot speak from experience.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #37
DezodDevelopment

Drives: BRZ blue
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtape View Post
I am glad that you came to join the conversation and I am sure that the users of your exhaust in this thread appreciate it - it's good that a V2 is (or will be) available.

However, "cutting right to the point" like that in answers to issues and questions may not always "get to the point", as we noticed in some quoted conversations here. I know that if I got a response like the few posted in this thread, I would not be happy.

These are just my $0.02. I do not have this exhaust, nor do I sell them, so I cannot speak from experience.

Yes a V2 is going to be a much stronger unit with the same sound that's loved. We are proud to be releasing it and happy to deal with warranty units until then.

In my day to day I solve problems, my time is valuable, I treat your time the same way. If the customer doesn't appreciate the response, I'm sorry but frankly I was trying to be efficient and not make a hassle for them and this is the return. I can't control how it was perceived and I have no way to understand how it will be perceived. They weren't happy with their answer and there's nothing I can do about that. I was truthful, honest, and wanted nothing more than to solve his problem for them under Dezod stated policies. I attempted to do so. I lived up to my warranty. Here we are.

My phone number is very publicly posted. I'm happy to talk.

Last edited by DezodDevelopment; 07-27-2016 at 04:25 PM.
DezodDevelopment is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DezodDevelopment For This Useful Post:
Aaronimoe (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #38
tofurun

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
@DezodDevelopment Thank you for joining us. From a business standpoint I am sure everyone here fully understands that your time is valuable... You coming here is by no means making you any money and is most likely the last thing you want to be dealing with right now. In reality though this is, if not, the largest 86forums. People will read this and see the conversations about this exhaust and could very well be a selling point as to whether or not they purchase the V2. So its not like this is a complete loss for you when it comes to future sales. Thank you for making the account and coming here to talk about the issue.

My problem is I cannot find DEZOD's warranty page anywhere. Both links where to other manufacturer pages. Am i miss something? Why not have a page for manufacturer warranty information? I cant find it so if there is one please link it.

Before I comment on customer service can you just go on and post the email?

I mean one person posts this problem and within 2 weeks everyone is running out and checking their dezod catback system and 4 people alone in this thread have posted cracks. The product is failing on a "quality" $800+ exhaust in under a year. That just seems crazy to me

Imagine spending almost 1k on something and in under a year you see this....
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2016, 10:12 PM   #39
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
@DezodDevelopment your warranty is not posted anywhere online. Is it included in documentation with the product?

Care to post the entire wording of your warranty?
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-28-2016), GT86Dan (07-29-2016), mixtape (07-27-2016), tofurun (07-27-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #40
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezodDevelopment View Post
The warranty states as if the item can be repaired then it meets a repair warranty. If the section simply falls apart then of course yes Dezod would be happy to replace that item. This is a repair warranty and would be very easy to handle. The policies and warranty offered is exactly that, it is not so malleable to fit anyone’s agenda. Not having nor going to build more of the V1 units is not an excuse of any kind, it is a fact of which would not have changed the outcome of this situation.
Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but this post came across to me as rather weaselly.

It doesn't really matter what your warranty states. Under the Uniform Commercial Code, which all US states have adopted to some extent, every new product sold in the US carries certain implied warranties unless expressly disclaimed in writing (and some states don't even allow them to be disclaimed at all). These implied warranties trump your written warranty and apply whether you have a formal warranty policy or not.

One of these warranties is the implied warranty of merchantability, which basically states that the product you sell will be suitable for its intended purpose. If it's not suitable for its intended purpose, you have to repair the item so that it's suitable for its intended purpose, replace it with an item that is suitable or refund the customer's money if you can't make the other two options work.

You appear to have a design flaw in your product. You have a TIG welded deep joint that's very difficult for even an expert welder to properly weld without bridging the sides of the joint rather than getting fusion all the way down into the root. You also have two curved pieces of stainless steel, which I assume are mandrel bent, which means that the outside of the curve (where your failing weld is) will be thinner than the inside. The metal deep in the crotch of that joint will also be thinner than the metal along the rest of the weld where you have a solid fit up and good fusion. This piece is being heated and cooled repeatedly during normal use, with the inside and outside of the curves expanding and contracting at different rates, so that the bends in the pipe are going to want to try to curl and straighten as they're heated and cooled. That means your already difficult weld will be under constant stress. And it's all subject to considerable vibration. I would be surprised if this design didn't crack.

So if your product is cracking after six months as a result of a design flaw or defect in workmanship, which is definitely NOT industry standard performance, your product is not suitable for its intended purpose. Therefore, under the implied warranty of merchantability, you have a responsibility to repair, replace or refund the product.

You have that responsibility, not the customer, and not some unknown muffler shop that the customer contacts. Unless you direct that customer to a repair facility that you have authorized to do the warranty work and whose work you intend to warranty also, giving him $50 and telling him to go get it fixed himself does not meet the requirements of the warranty. If the guy gets it fixed locally, when it cracks again because of the stress of heating and cooling you can always just say that it was his fault for choosing a bad welder.

It seems to me that any repair you attempt yourself is going to fail again because of the design flaw, which would not make it suitable for its intended purpose. Unless you can replace it with a new version that corrects the design flaws, the only truly acceptable solution here is for you to provide a refund. I realize that's a huge burden on you and not something any company would want to have to do, but that's part of the risk of doing business.

Keep in mind that if you get sued over this, it only takes six people to certify a class, and you already have four discussing the issue right here in this thread. You might want to take a more proactive approach toward making these folks happy rather than posting excuses.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (07-29-2016), Clipdat (07-28-2016), DinkinFlicka (08-08-2016), GT86Dan (07-29-2016), JazzleSAURUS (08-01-2016), mixtape (07-28-2016), whataboutbob (08-10-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #41
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
People will read this and see the conversations about this exhaust and could very well be a selling point as to whether or not they purchase the V2. So its not like this is a complete loss for you when it comes to future sales.
Personally, unless V2 has the weld in a different location, there's no way I would buy it after seeing this thread. As I noted above, he has the weld on V1 running over different thicknesses of steel into a deep crotch that may not be welded all the way down into the joint on a piece that is repeatedly heated and cooled during normal use so that it's always under stress. If V2 has the same type of fit up and weld, it's likely to have the same problem.

Quote:
My problem is I cannot find DEZOD's warranty page anywhere. Both links where to other manufacturer pages. Am i miss something? Why not have a page for manufacturer warranty information? I cant find it so if there is one please link it.
It doesn't matter what his warranty says unless he's expressly disclaiming all warranties and selling the product "as-is," which would essentially be an admission that he knows it's not suitable for normal use. Arguing over the fine print of his warranty is pointless when the implied warranty of merchantability requires him to make it right.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
mixtape (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:31 AM   #42
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but this post came across to me as rather weaselly.
I was thinking the same thing but could not think of the exact word to describe my feelings toward his response.