follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 04-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #4439
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamakid View Post
I'm interested in buying the JR dual oil/water cooler. I can't find any install directions. Is there something available in .pdf that any of ya'll know about? I saw some post of fitment issues. Who's running one?
Instructions are included with the radiator.

Zero fitment issues.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #4440
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwhatimdoing View Post
Hello everyone, I’m new to the owner’s group!!
Recently purchased a C-38 kit from a member, now all I need is the ‘charger fluid and a tune. Can anyone recommend a simple tune that would just get me on the road? I have been researching using an Open Flash Tablet, but my friend advises against it as it “is not ecutek”... I have the money for an ecutek tune, but I don’t want to have to drop that much for some silly dongles and marked-up proprietary knowledge in the form of a cheap USB stick if I don’t have to in the first place. Not to mention I would like to omit visits to a tuner and drop even more money on their time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as far as I’m concerned I’m leaning towards OFT. Convince me otherwise? Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIthout that "marked up proprietary knowledge", you'll have a blown engine.

Who's gonna tune your OFT? That's still gonna cost you money, and you'll get a tuner with less experience, that's trying to make a "one size fits all".

Did your kit not come with Ecutek? A tune costs less than purchasing an OFT.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #4441
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasten View Post
Anybody have the JRSC C38 kit with the JRSC specific delicious fng tune, unrestricted exhaust (no cats) and know how much power their putting down? Or if anyone knows how much a set up like this approximately makes to the wheels on 91.Thanks.
250-280whp, depending on supporting mods.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Jasten (04-03-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 10:11 PM   #4442
idkwhatimdoing

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S 1968 Camaro BB402
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
WIthout that "marked up proprietary knowledge", you'll have a blown engine.

Who's gonna tune your OFT? That's still gonna cost you money, and you'll get a tuner with less experience, that's trying to make a "one size fits all".

Did your kit not come with Ecutek? A tune costs less than purchasing an OFT.

I appreciate the advice, so I pulled the trigger on an Ecutek package w/ moto-east tune... I live about an hour or two away from you guys, I’ll come to you if I have any issues!

idkwhatimdoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:42 PM   #4443
jdnguyen

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10 and 2010 Camry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwhatimdoing View Post
I appreciate the advice, so I pulled the trigger on an Ecutek package w/ moto-east tune... I live about an hour or two away from you guys, I’ll come to you if I have any issues!

You bought something from moto-East but expect CSG to offer you support? That’s not how it works. You must not know what you are doing...
jdnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #4444
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnguyen View Post
You bought something from moto-East but expect CSG to offer you support? That’s not how it works. You must not know what you are doing...
I am sure CGS will offer you support! All you need is $$$$.

Sometimes the cheapest is not the least expensive.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grady For This Useful Post:
idkwhatimdoing (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 11:16 PM   #4445
idkwhatimdoing

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S 1968 Camaro BB402
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnguyen View Post

No, but at least I can afford to not know what I’m doing

idkwhatimdoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #4446
CxG

Drives: Pearl White '13 ZN6
Can anyone link me to a complete parts list for this kit including clamps and bolts. I got my kit used and the PDF install guide doesn't have a page dedicated to the parts included in the kit. For example, right now I think I'm missing the metal check valve in the PCV hose.
CxG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #4447
Brzxton

Drives: 2015 Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
HKS SSQV BOV installed

I finally installed the hks bov i had and man it works great. And yes, the only reason i put it on was for the bov sound but i do feel that it holds boost better. But that might just be me. Installation was pretty easy. I got a flange welded onto the cold side of the intercooler piping and mounted it there. Hardest part was probably installing the bov with the c clip. Pretty straight forward and i havent heard any pops or anything so i dont believe its running rich but im not sure yet. Heres a link to how it sounds—>
Attached Images

Brzxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #4448
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brzxton View Post
I finally installed the hks bov i had and man it works great. And yes, the only reason i put it on was for the bov sound but i do feel that it holds boost better. But that might just be me. Installation was pretty easy. I got a flange welded onto the cold side of the intercooler piping and mounted it there. Hardest part was probably installing the bov with the c clip. Pretty straight forward and i havent heard any pops or anything so i dont believe its running rich but im not sure yet. Heres a link to how it sounds—>
Looks good. I've always used Tial BOV and Wastegates on my cars and bikes but I'm sure that thing will definitely give you a better response than the factory one they ship.
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #4449
GsxrMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
This is amount of oil I collected in the oil catch can in about ~5K miles from PCV side only. You decide if you need a catch can.
I have the same issue if I'm on the interstate and giving it a ton of boost constantly during long trips. Around town I don't collect s*** in my catch can. At least tracker Highway miles that you used to collect all that?
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
Old 04-03-2018, 05:54 PM   #4450
GsxrMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtengr View Post
Has this been an issue since day 1? Seems like you've isolated it to a hose connection.
Always do the initial tune with DI only to calibrate the map sensor. After the maps scale is good then enable your Port injectors and calibrate them for lean / rich conditions. Problem solved

It's very important to program your map and MAF sensor before programming anything else. Scaling has to do with everything. If either one are scaled wrong just by a little bit during high boost things will be off as well as vacuum.

Don't p.m. me asking for my unlocked ECUTEK map.
The Following User Says Thank You to GsxrMe For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (04-03-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #4451
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxG View Post
Can anyone link me to a complete parts list for this kit including clamps and bolts. I got my kit used and the PDF install guide doesn't have a page dedicated to the parts included in the kit. For example, right now I think I'm missing the metal check valve in the PCV hose.
There isn't one. JRSC's do not have missing parts, and it's not expected for the end user to do JR's QC!
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
CxG (04-04-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #4452
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brzxton View Post
How does it "hold boost better"?