follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 12-16-2015, 07:20 AM   #3109
Bramick

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited M/T
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Found my issue. I'm leaking oil from below the spacer for the JR oil cooler where it connects onto the oil filter. Looks like oil was on the belt and squeaking. Anyone else seen this issue? I'll be dismantling and cleaning this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
CSG Mike (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #3110
twag4

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1M View Post
Thanks. I read too quickly, and I thought we were talking about the vacuum lines under the manifold that can blow off. Thanks for posting and following through. That is what makes this forum good!
twag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twag4 For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #3111
twag4

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
If one comes off, you'll know. You'll idle like crap.

If you had a well broken in engine that was driven hard before the kit went on, then chances are the hose under the AC compressor is "baked on" and won't come off. Ours never has (and the kit went on with 900 miles on the ODO.... ooops).
So I used my mechanics mirror and discovered two hoses that are intact and connected. Mine have black weaved nylon anti chafing cover on them that made them difficult for me to recognize as vacuum lines. I suppose they all have it, but now I know for sure. Thanks again!
twag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #3112
Rapiddan45

Drives: 2013 FR-S M/T Ultramarine
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Happy to say that after contemplating the kit for over a year, I finally got in touch with @CSG David and got my order placed for the JRSC, JROC, JR Map sensor, and a Delicious FNG Tune. Placed about a week ago, and already have the car torn down ready to install. The wait is rough, but having a foot of snow right now makes the wait a little more bearable. Will put up pics, and everything once it arrives.
C38 JRSC, JROC, Delicious Tune, Radium PCV Catch Can
Rapiddan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rapiddan45 For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (12-16-2015), Yoda (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 03:07 PM   #3113
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,178 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramick View Post
Found my issue. I'm leaking oil from below the spacer for the JR oil cooler where it connects onto the oil filter. Looks like oil was on the belt and squeaking. Anyone else seen this issue? I'll be dismantling and cleaning this weekend.

Make sure your seal is good from the sandwich plate and adapter. If it's slightly off, you should replace the seal.
CSG Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Bramick (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 03:38 PM   #3114
dj2020

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Make sure your seal is good from the sandwich plate and adapter. If it's slightly off, you should replace the seal.

My union bolt holding down the oil cooler plate and spacer worked itself loose over 8 months because it probably was never tight to begin with. I also developed a small leak because of this. I ended up 'sacrificing' my 27mm deep socket by grinding the sides of it so it would fit on top of the thermostatic oil plate so I could properly tighten it down. No leaks now! I probably also could have ground down the area of the oil cooler plate that prevents the socket from seating properly over the union bolt but I was afraid of ruining a more expensive part. Sockets are cheaper than thermostatic oil cooler plates.
dj2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj2020 For This Useful Post:
Bramick (12-16-2015), CSG Mike (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 07:34 PM   #3115
Bramick

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited M/T
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Interesting note I've had my oil cooler approx 8 months.

Do you have any issues with the oil cooler lines hitting the SC tubing that are in front of it? Mine are super close. I'll take a photo in the morning.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #3116
dj2020

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramick View Post
Interesting note I've had my oil cooler approx 8 months.

Do you have any issues with the oil cooler lines hitting the SC tubing that are in front of it? Mine are super close. I'll take a photo in the morning.

Mine are super close to the SC tubing as well. Maybe 2-3 mm clearance....
dj2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dj2020 For This Useful Post:
Bramick (12-16-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 02:39 AM   #3117
SHWNBRZ

Drives: '08 MX5 6MT & '15 BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The 45 degree silicone hose that goes into the intake manifold seems to be slipping if I drive the car over 6k rpm. Saw that it slipped enough so the silicone hose from the opposite end came into contact with the pulley. The clamp also rubbed which resulted in my pulley being scraped. The belt is totally fine however...no signs of premature wear from the pulley getting scraped.

I'll be sourcing a stock pulley. If anyone can help me finding an OE pulley for the Rotrex blower, that'd be great. Also, thoughts on why the silicone hose slips off? The clamps were properly torqued down (wasn't over torqued so it wasn't damaged).

I am running on the CARB tune.

Just wanted to pick people's brains about this slipping issue. Car goes back to the shop on Tuesday to get looked at.

Thanks!
SHWNBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:47 AM   #3118
Binary_fission

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHWNBRZ View Post
The 45 degree silicone hose that goes into the intake manifold seems to be slipping if I drive the car over 6k rpm. Saw that it slipped enough so the silicone hose from the opposite end came into contact with the pulley. The clamp also rubbed which resulted in my pulley being scraped. The belt is totally fine however...no signs of premature wear from the pulley getting scraped.

I'll be sourcing a stock pulley. If anyone can help me finding an OE pulley for the Rotrex blower, that'd be great. Also, thoughts on why the silicone hose slips off? The clamps were properly torqued down (wasn't over torqued so it wasn't damaged).

Just wanted to pick people's brains about this slipping issue. Car goes back to the shop on Tuesday to get looked at.

Thanks!
Had same issue on Saturday. Went to pep boys and bought one of their claps and it fixed the issue. For some reason the clamps they provide sometimes slips when torqued. I have few extra incase something else popes out. I'd replace the clamp with slightly wider

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Binary_fission is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Binary_fission For This Useful Post:
SHWNBRZ (12-21-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 04:02 AM   #3119
ck-GT86

Drives: '13 Raven FR-S, MT
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks!

Got a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2015, 04:40 AM   #3120
SPCorBUST

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks!
I put the clamp down closer to where the metal nub/tab is on the throttle body. Doesn't move after that. If you put it closer to the back (towards firewall) then yes, I've seen it slip forward. (towards Rotrex unit)
SPCorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPCorBUST For This Useful Post:
Jackson Racing (12-22-2015), SHWNBRZ (12-21-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #3121
SHWNBRZ

Drives: '08 MX5 6MT & '15 BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary_fission View Post
Had same issue on Saturday. Went to pep boys and bought one of their claps and it fixed the issue. For some reason the clamps they provide sometimes slips when torqued. I have few extra incase something else popes out. I'd replace the clamp with slightly wider

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Got a part number for the said pepboys clamp? :P
SHWNBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:51 PM   #3122
xsnapshot
Fast enough

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ AT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks!
I've got my original JRSC standard pulley I could sell you. I went with the High boost version. PM me.
xsnapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xsnapshot For This Useful Post:
SHWNBRZ (12-21-2015)