follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 02-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
IAmNotTheDriftKing

Drives: I own an FR-S. . . whatelse!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Perrin Catback muffler delete?

So I know there isn't one on the market, so I was going looking for pipes with a 2.5" v-band flange at the end of it.

I found this one for 90 bucks which is quite a lot, when I can go and get one made for much much less. So then, does anyone know where they can find a pipe similar to this(doesn't need to be dimensionally similar just needs a 90 degree bend). Obviously it needs V-band clamps, the perrin ones are 2.5" outer diameter. I am going to be shooting the exhaust gasses into the ground!

And why the muffler delete? It is more for fun, the muffler will stay on 95% of the time. While autocrossing or tracking the car this would be a lot of fun with an obnoxious exhaust.
IAmNotTheDriftKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
It would be dead simple for an exhaust shop to bend you up a pipe. If you search online you can find vband flange kits (includes flanges for both pieces of pipe and the clamp) for reasonable prices too. I've got a spare set of flanges I would sell, but it's probably cheaper to find a supplier closer to you than pay for them + shipping.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
order 2.5" vband kit (flanges and clamp) plus a section of pipe from summit and take them to an exhaust shop.

Vband - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-694250/overview/
Pipe - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-621008/overview/

Not sure about your area, but where i am from, all the road courses have a noise limit, depending on the rest of you exhaust setup you might want to find out where the noise level check points are and lift as you pass them..
Old 02-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
^^ Exactly what I was talking about!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
IAmNotTheDriftKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
It would be dead simple for an exhaust shop to bend you up a pipe. If you search online you can find vband flange kits (includes flanges for both pieces of pipe and the clamp) for reasonable prices too. I've got a spare set of flanges I would sell, but it's probably cheaper to find a supplier closer to you than pay for them + shipping.
I found some 20 dollar ones on eBay. They would probably work. I only wish they would sell just the one flange instead of a flange and the clamp, it would make it so much cheaper!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
IAmNotTheDriftKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post
order 2.5" vband kit (flanges and clamp) plus a section of pipe from summit and take them to an exhaust shop.

Not sure about your area, but where i am from, all the road courses have a noise limit, depending on the rest of you exhaust setup you might want to find out where the noise level check points are and lift as you pass them..
I know that the places I go autocrossing generally don't mind, unless it is a national competition but I am out classes there. As for the track, I will keep the muffler with me if it is too loud. Hopeful the cat and resonator should quiet thing down a bit. I could just run it around town. Make it mating call, I am sure it will work

And I was on summit racing just a few minutes ago looking at this stuff!!