follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2020, 01:44 AM   #15
FR-S2GT86
Senior Member
 
FR-S2GT86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Drives: '15 FR-S
Location: West Virginia, USA
Posts: 273
Thanks: 32
Thanked 125 Times in 94 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
They do these things all the time. Iíve had posts removed.

A few weeks back I posted a well done video by Vice or Cut or something that was a chronology of every major legislation, political move or lack of move put forth by the government and the current administration prior to and since COVID as it related yo the pandemic and government agencies that relate like the CDC. Because the video had Trump as the album art, and because they said facts that werenít flattering to Trump, like how he tried to cut funding to the CDC, the video was removed. It was probably deemed too political.

Solidsnake11ís content typically strays from facts to conspiracy theories. Some political commentary is allowed if it is generalities like saying the government is going back on lockdown, but not other things that violate the rules of the forum. Iím pretty sure what he posted violated the policy.

But I believe what he is trying to make a point of, is that if someone feels that they can censor him, they also need to know that he also has the right to censor himself. And in doing so, it also removes from the forum all of his helpful and useful information that the rest of us may benefit from.

Which poses the question:
Is it worth losing a lot of good, helpful information posted by one user in an attempt to silence his or her one UN-useful comment?
__________________
ďIíve learned many things over the years. One of the most important things is if you ever find yourself in a room full of like-minded assholes, donít be the BIGGEST asshole, be the BEST!Ē
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S2GT86 For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (12-02-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 02:19 AM   #16
Irace86.2.0
Non Sequitur
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 4,271
Thanks: 3,287
Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,837 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
It did come from Wuhan China. The evidence suggests that it most likely passed from animal to human. At worst, it was accidentally released from a lab that was studying animal viruses because of poor handling techniques.

I have a feeling you were not saying that. Knowing your past posts, I wouldn't be surprised if you were saying that the virus was manufactured in a lab and released into the general population as some national communist plan in order to kill Americans or some similar conspiracy theory. Just a guess because many of us have talked about the topic of the origin of the virus without resorting to conspiracy theories and haven't had posts removed.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:31 AM   #17
Irace86.2.0
Non Sequitur
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 4,271
Thanks: 3,287
Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,837 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
But I believe what he is trying to make a point of, is that if someone feels that they can censor him, they also need to know that he also has the right to censor himself. And in doing so, it also removes from the forum all of his helpful and useful information that the rest of us may benefit from.

Which poses the question:
Is it worth losing a lot of good, helpful information posted by one user in an attempt to silence his or her one UN-useful comment?
I get that. They can do what they want, and he can do what he wants. Suppose he got into a flame war and cursed out multiple people while trolling and ridiculing everyone, or suppose he posted a bunch of parts for sale in the For Sale section, but he didn't post pictures with the date or with his username. They could have removed his posts, and he could have responded by censoring himself too. Would those cases be more black and white, or cut and dry, who is wrong and who is ridiculous? Rules are rules. Maybe this case seems like a gray area, but the admins are just doing their job to the best of their ability while trying to maintain the rules. They don't really have the luxury of giving allowances for some people to break the rules just because they have a lot of comments or useful stuff on the forum. If they determined his content crossed some line then that is on them. His reaction comes off as immature and petty IMO. Do a poll on the Off-Topic page for how many people have had a post or thread removed? If everyone did the same thing he did then there wouldn't be much content on the forum.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irace86.2.0 For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (12-01-2020), Tcoat (12-05-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 03:16 AM   #18
solidsnake11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: brz
Location: nc
Posts: 318
Thanks: 426
Thanked 729 Times in 441 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
It did come from Wuhan China. At worst, it was accidentally released from a lab
Exactly what I said then it got censored.

I will not promote a site that suppresses freedom of speech and that is why I removed my content.

Now when people search k24 swap they will not be directed here by my post and if they do, they will see it is censored or gone.
solidsnake11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solidsnake11 For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (12-02-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 03:25 AM   #19
Irace86.2.0
Non Sequitur
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 4,271
Thanks: 3,287
Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,837 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
Exactly what I said then it got censored.

I will not promote a site that suppresses freedom of speech and that is why I removed my content.

Now when people search k24 swap they will not be directed here by my post and if they do, they will see it is censored or gone.
You don't have to stay. Just saying. No one is forcing you to stay.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irace86.2.0 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (12-01-2020), soundman98 (12-01-2020), Tcoat (12-05-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #20
Clash0901
2 ugga dugga's
 
Clash0901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Drives: Nike
Location: Detroit
Posts: 183
Thanks: 35
Thanked 150 Times in 81 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Seems like we lost some solid information which is definitely a let down. But this is an online forum about cars. There shouldn't be a section to talk politics in the first place as it can get just as toxic as when people talk religion. That stuff has a time and a place.

I respect you censoring yourself, but sticking around after the fact does what exactly? You either want to be here or don't. If you've removed your informative and useful posts out of spite, then you should remove yourself from here entirely to finish proving your point IMO.
__________________
Want to 2JZ swap your 86? Click here first!!
Clash0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Clash0901 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (12-01-2020), Irace86.2.0 (12-01-2020), Jdmjunkie (12-02-2020), KR-S (12-04-2020), Lonewolf (12-04-2020), soundman98 (12-01-2020), spike021 (12-05-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 10:57 AM   #21
FR-S2GT86
Senior Member
 
FR-S2GT86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Drives: '15 FR-S
Location: West Virginia, USA
Posts: 273
Thanks: 32
Thanked 125 Times in 94 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash0901 View Post
Seems like we lost some solid information which is definitely a let down. But this is an online forum about cars. There shouldn't be a section to talk politics in the first place as it can get just as toxic as when people talk religion. That stuff has a time and a place.

I respect you censoring yourself, but sticking around after the fact does what exactly? You either want to be here or don't. If you've removed your informative and useful posts out of spite, then you should remove yourself from here entirely to finish proving your point IMO.

Perhaps the Off Topic Lounge should be removed from the forum site. If this is specifically a car forum, it would seem that removing that particular unnecessary section would solve the problem.
__________________
ďIíve learned many things over the years. One of the most important things is if you ever find yourself in a room full of like-minded assholes, donít be the BIGGEST asshole, be the BEST!Ē

Last edited by FR-S2GT86; 12-01-2020 at 11:29 AM.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S2GT86 For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (12-02-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #22
Irace86.2.0
Non Sequitur
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 4,271
Thanks: 3,287
Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,837 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
Perhaps the Off Topic Lounge should be removed from the forum site. If this is specifically a car forum, it would seem that removing that particular unnecessary section would solve the problem.
The Off-Topic forum isnít an issue. Avoiding flame wars is an issue. I remember the days when I was on Supraforums in the early 2000ís. Lots of trolls, flame wars, profanity at times, etc. This place is better.

Join the 1000 Ways To Get Banned to test your luck for fun, but be polite and follow the rules elsewhere.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Irace86.2.0 For This Useful Post:
KR-S (12-04-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 06:20 PM   #23
Conti93
Member
 
Conti93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Drives: Toyota GT86 First Edition 53/86
Location: Italy
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
Exactly what I said then it got censored.

I will not promote a site that suppresses freedom of speech and that is why I removed my content.

Now when people search k24 swap they will not be directed here by my post and if they do, they will see it is censored or gone.
The only thing that pops up in my mind right now is "porco Dio".
Conti93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:53 PM   #24
solidsnake11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: brz
Location: nc
Posts: 318
Thanks: 426
Thanked 729 Times in 441 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash0901 View Post
Seems like we lost some solid information which is definitely a let down. But this is an online forum about cars. There shouldn't be a section to talk politics in the first place as it can get just as toxic as when people talk religion. That stuff has a time and a place.

I respect you censoring yourself, but sticking around after the fact does what exactly? You either want to be here or don't. If you've removed your informative and useful posts out of spite, then you should remove yourself from here entirely to finish proving your point IMO.
Well it take a long time to remove -2000 post.I tried to get the person that censored me to erase them but I guess they don't have time either.
solidsnake11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:38 PM   #25
Jdmjunkie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series
Location: Las Vegas, Nev.
Posts: 160
Thanks: 349
Thanked 80 Times in 53 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have you posted the info on other forums? I would hate to see all your work for community go down the drain.
Jdmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:08 PM   #26
HKz
Reformed
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: '13 Hot Lava AT RIP & '16 Steel MT
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,037
Thanks: 942
Thanked 870 Times in 458 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
while i get the display, kinda self-destructing and pretty petty to remove your car related posts lol..especially over topic that clearly would raise eyebrows. i hate political, religious, conspiracy, etc discussions on the net even if it is on an acceptable forum. what is the point? circle jerk over things that have no solution, basis or tangible truth is fun for folks?
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HKz For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (12-05-2020), solidsnake11 (12-03-2020), Tcoat (12-05-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 01:17 PM   #27
KR-S
Sporadic Member
 
KR-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,053
Thanks: 5,023
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,685 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Even before I registered on this forum, it has ALWAYS been a rule (Rule #10 to be exact) to never get into politics, religion, or gun discussions on this forum because these things just invite too much heated discussions and too much drama that I certainly wouldn't want to deal with if I was a moderator as well.

This has nothing to do with censorship. This has everything to do with violating the rules, which have been established since day one, and which every member agreed to when they signed up to be a member on this forum. If you want conversations like this, take it to PMs with other willing participants or another forum where they allow such discussions.

And before anyone says it, I actually despise a lot of social media and tech companies because I feel they do in fact participate in a lot of censorship.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by klearfade View Post
Is that gel in your hair?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (12-05-2020), Tcoat (12-05-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 01:19 AM   #28
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 62,969
Thanks: 55,868
Thanked 92,798 Times in 40,837 Posts
Mentioned: 2272 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
1 - This is not a democracy it is a privately owned and operated enterprise. The owner of this site and the people that he entrusts to monitor it can do whatever they like. If something was said that they didn't like it is their prerogative to delete it.

2 - There is exactly zero pressure placed upon anybody to be here. If you don't like it just leave.

3 - No we do not just talk about cars. There is a huge social aspect to this forum that keeps it alive. If it went to just technical information and discussion it would be dead within months. The tech subs should be restricted to just the subject though. There should be no playing in them ever. That is when people are bright enough to figure out what sub their topic should be in.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (12-05-2020), DustinS (12-09-2020), Irace86.2.0 (12-05-2020), KR-S (12-08-2020), pope (12-05-2020)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Redline/Fuel Cut Off You Running Dezoris Forced Induction 21 06-04-2014 02:27 PM
Fuel pump running when the car is off? Target70 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 12 03-25-2014 06:32 PM
Electric fuel pump running with car off??? bpracer Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 13 08-08-2013 10:42 AM
CEL after running out of fuel Kido1986 Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 10 02-11-2013 01:34 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.