follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #71
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarMan View Post
Subaru of Glendale, CA $5000 Markup Non-negotiable.
Were you promised MSRP?
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #72
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarMan View Post
Subaru of Glendale, CA $5000 Markup Non-negotiable.
Did you have an agreement of MSRP prior?
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #73
GMU-BRZ

Drives: 2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
IMO anything over a $2k markup is blacklist material even if they are upfront about it. $5k is just nuts.
GMU-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #74
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU-BRZ View Post
IMO anything over a $2k markup is blacklist material even if they are upfront about it. $5k is just nuts.
I agree that a $5k is ridiculous, but I don't put in the same category as lying to customers. Maybe we need another thread that lists dealerships that are selling with mark ups to save people the trouble?
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #75
NERO

Drives: 2012 Honda Ruckus
As a current car salesmen, I apologize to those that have to deal with any of these douche bags. It's really sad that they even think the behavior is okay. There is a guy at my dealership that will do things like this. The sad thing is that the management puts up with it because he makes them money. Thankfully it's a Toyota/Scion dealership so I'm just going to pick up and FR-S and do everything I want to aftermarket. Good Luck to Everyone!
NERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #76
VarMan

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I didn't pay anything once i heard of the Non negotiable markup. I checked with Subaru of Sherman Oaks and they said they don't have markups and the deposit is refundable.
VarMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #77
viper_driver

Drives: 2013 BRZ ordered!
+1 for Subaru of Las Vegas to be on the black list. I tried to buy a WRX there a couple times. That place is worthless for buying anyway, a few guys I know get warranty work there and seem happy with the service. I know a few buyers here in Vegas who've driven to Phx to buy Subarus rather than buy there because they wouldn't honor the USAA agreed upon online pricing.

There's no way they're going to sell BRZs for MSRP. Weird how tiny of a stealership it is for such a huge city, esp considering it's the only one in town.

I told them their prices weren't competitive and they actually got angry with me, I would never set foot in that place again. I could buy from Hueberger in C Springs, pay 800 miles shipping, and still be way ahead.
viper_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #78
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_driver View Post

I could buy from Hueberger in C Springs, pay 800 miles shipping, and still be way ahead.
Why not pay $150 for a one way ticket and drive the car home? Good way to break the car in and get to know it at the same time.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #79
NERO

Drives: 2012 Honda Ruckus
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_driver View Post
+1 for Subaru of Las Vegas to be on the black list. I tried to buy a WRX there a couple times. That place is worthless for buying anyway, a few guys I know get warranty work there and seem happy with the service. I know a few buyers here in Vegas who've driven to Phx to buy Subarus rather than buy there because they wouldn't honor the USAA agreed upon online pricing.

There's no way they're going to sell BRZs for MSRP. Weird how tiny of a stealership it is for such a huge city, esp considering it's the only one in town.

I told them their prices weren't competitive and they actually got angry with me, I would never set foot in that place again. I could buy from Hueberger in C Springs, pay 800 miles shipping, and still be way ahead.
Go to Mark Miller in Salt Lake City. I know a guy there that is really reasonable and they are great to work with. I've bought my Subaru's there and never paid more than MSRP for either car and that included all my tax title and registration.
NERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #80
seanx820

Drives: Mazda 3
Add this dealer->Cross Creek Subaru Fayetteville, NC

Quote:
To: Sean Cav

Subject: 2013 Subaru BRZ

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your inquiry on the 2013 Subaru BRZ.

I didnt see a phone number listed for you so we can discuss pricing on this vehicle. The BRZ is going to be very limited production, so there
will be a high markup on the BRZ at just about every dealer. Being that you are looking to order one before the arrival date, I will discuss
revised pricing options with you. My number is listed below so you can contact me at your leisure.

COME SAVE WITH SAM!

Cross Creek Subaru is Fayetteville's premier Subaru dealer, and the only dealer offering the exclusive Sam Johnson Advantage plan where you recieve a year of maintainance absolutley free! Our large inventory and wide selection of models, along with competitive pricing, allows us to make you a great deal on the Subaru or quality pre owned vehicle of your choice. At Sam Johnson's Cross Creek Subaru in Fayetteville, our goal is to assist you in making a confident decision. Our friendly, Internet sales staff is here to answer your questions and listen to your needs. Whether you're shopping new or pre-owned, we're here to help with your vehicle search. Our well-stocked inventory includes our award winning Subaru Lineup, including Outback, Legacy, Forester, Tribeca and the all new Impreza!

If you would like to take a virtual tour of our inventory,
click here: www.crosscreeksubaru.com

Thank you,

Sanden Woodham
Internet Sales Manager
Cross Creek Subaru
497 N McPherson Church Rd
Fayetteville, NC 28303
910 864 5240 Office
910 723 4285 Mobile or Text

If you no longer want to receive our email at this address click here to unsubscribe
Google Maps - Maps from this email

Sean Cav via gmail.com
4:56 PM (23 hours ago)

to swoodham
Hey,

I am not really looking to put a deposit or anything on a car I have not driven. I also don't really plan on paying above MSRP which you hinted at. I will just keep looking around for dealers. There is one in Ohio near where my dad lives I can work with. Thanks.

swoodham@crosscreeksubarusoa.dealer.com via cav
6:35 PM (21 hours ago)

to sean
That will be your best bet being the numbers will be so limited. Good Luck

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM, <notification@dealer.com> wrote:
Hey,

I am not really looking to put a deposit or anything on a car I have not driven. I also don't really plan on paying above MSRP which you hinted at. I will just keep looking around for dealers.. There is one in Ohio near where my dad lives I can work with. Thanks.
seanx820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #81
ryun84

Drives: 04 PSM WRX Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanx820 View Post
I didn't see anything in his e-mail to warrant putting that dealership on a blacklist. He wasn't being an ass. He was actually pretty helpful, even after you mentioned that you would be looking elsewhere.

People need to realize that just because a dealership states that the price of the car will be above MSRP does NOT justify it being put on a blacklist. Yeah, we get that you don't want to pay above MSRP. So keep searching around. It's not like these dealerships are trying to rob you blind or anything.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #82
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanx820 View Post
His comment that "there will be a markup at just about every dealer" is definitely lame and approaching dishonest, but at least he's letting you know they want more than MSRP. Maybe this semi-dishonesty is the best a car salesman can provide these days!
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #83
Poobalooba

Drives: HHR SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NERO View Post
Go to Mark Miller in Salt Lake City. I know a guy there that is really reasonable and they are great to work with. I've bought my Subaru's there and never paid more than MSRP for either car and that included all my tax title and registration.
I'm supposed to find out tomorrow if Subaru Las Vegas is actually going to give me the car at MSRP like they promised and if they will lower the $2,500 deposit. If they don't I will probably try Mark Miller and just fly up and pick up the car. I'm worried at this point that the dealer I've been working with has held me up long enough that most dealerships will have already run out of their original few car allotment. I was excited to have one of the first BRZs on the road, enough that if they had been up front about the markup I probably would have just sucked it up and bit the bullet. Instead they guaranteed me TWICE before I placed my order that there would be no markup.
Poobalooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #84
seanx820

Drives: Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryun84 View Post
I didn't see anything in his e-mail to warrant putting that dealership on a blacklist. He wasn't being an ass. He was actually pretty helpful, even after you mentioned that you would be looking elsewhere.

People need to realize that just because a dealership states that the price of the car will be above MSRP does NOT justify it being put on a blacklist. Yeah, we get that you don't want to pay above MSRP. So keep searching around. It's not like these dealerships are trying to rob you blind or anything.
I disagree on two points, he said pretty much all dealers are going to mark above MSRP (not true) and I disagree that limited availability means you can charge more than MSRP. Imagine if Nintendo Wiis, Xboxes, iPhones were allowed to be sold at whatever prive individual stores wanted to do. These stores have monopolies on a dying business model. Soon we can just order via the internet like everything else and have it arrive on our door step. Stores will simple be places to sit and test drive a car, not instantly purchase.

If you don't want to black list that is fine by me, I just want people to be aware this dealer is charging more than MSRP.
seanx820 is offline   Reply With Quote