follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2019, 02:07 AM   #56351
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 26,987
Thanks: 23,023
Thanked 25,881 Times in 14,024 Posts
Mentioned: 620 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
House isn't selling. Had to cancel house away today. All the conservative white people want to leave. 84 homes for sale in my zip code. too many homes. 42% percent increase in homeless in San jose in the last month. I love this place.
Well, @Sapphireho , your house has been on the market for over 30 days now and no final sale. I understand that it's a buyers market down there at this time.

Although your house is tastefully updated, it doesn't have a forth bedroom nor central air conditioning.

My foggy real estate crystal ball suggests a price reduction is in order.

Yes, at least a $50,000 price reduction should get you closer to a sale.

I know, you didn't want to hear that, but, I wouldn't hold out any longer at your present list price in that market.

If you have any questions, come back or PM me.


Good luck!


humfrz
humfrz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:03 AM   #56352
echo419
Senior Member
 
echo419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,088
Thanks: 3,982
Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,833 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
gee I couldn't imagine why people would want to leave the Bay area....

this is what happens when you punish success and reward failure. thank your state and local gov't. but what's really ironic is the people that created that mess will leave to go to a place like Austin and then try and turn it into where they just left. amazing.
echo419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #56353
Clutch Dog
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Drives: 2017 BRZ PP , 2005 Saab 97X
Location: CA
Posts: 1,052
Thanks: 752
Thanked 719 Times in 405 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
gee I couldn't imagine why people would want to leave the Bay area....

this is what happens when you punish success and reward failure. thank your state and local gov't. but what's really ironic is the people that created that mess will leave to go to a place like Austin and then try and turn it into where they just left. amazing.
worse, they are moving to Mexico
Link here

California and places like such are the result when the state does everything in its power to kill off the middle class. all for the sake of lower class votes .and higher class "keeping their hands clean"

Money disappears and never seems to actually be used.
Clutch Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clutch Dog For This Useful Post:
echo419 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 09:26 AM   #56354
echo419
Senior Member
 
echo419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,088
Thanks: 3,982
Thanked 3,939 Times in 1,833 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
worse, they are moving to Mexico
Link here

California and places like such are the result when the state does everything in its power to kill off the middle class. all for the sake of lower class votes .and higher class "keeping their hands clean"

Money disappears and never seems to actually be used.
well it's basically the same place just cheaper.
echo419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:29 PM   #56355
joyjoy22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Drives: BMW M4 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you guys participate in a company team building?
joyjoy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:49 PM   #56356
soundman98
threadwrecker
 
soundman98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: '14 brz limited
Location: chicagolandia
Posts: 5,285
Thanks: 13,769
Thanked 5,578 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, @Sapphireho , your house has been on the market for over 30 days now and no final sale. I understand that it's a buyers market down there at this time.

Although your house is tastefully updated, it doesn't have a forth bedroom nor central air conditioning.

My foggy real estate crystal ball suggests a price reduction is in order.

Yes, at least a $50,000 price reduction should get you closer to a sale.

I know, you didn't want to hear that, but, I wouldn't hold out any longer at your present list price in that market.

If you have any questions, come back or PM me.


Good luck!


humfrz
wow, no a/c? i avoided houses like that in my area. 3 bedrooms sell plenty fast though around me.
__________________
my '14 brz limited "the return to normal" (or is it?)
led mods-10%(planning/designing/sitting on hands)audio mods-99%(done is never done)

hidplanet build log
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:08 PM   #56357
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 62,711
Thanks: 55,546
Thanked 92,113 Times in 40,594 Posts
Mentioned: 2260 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyjoy22 View Post
Do you guys participate in a company team building?
We did an escape room a couple of times with our senior management group. It was a shit show. It was also when I learned that our HR manager at the time had problem solving skills someplace in the negative scale.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:18 PM   #56358
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 26,987
Thanks: 23,023
Thanked 25,881 Times in 14,024 Posts
Mentioned: 620 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
wow, no a/c? i avoided houses like that in my area. 3 bedrooms sell plenty fast though around me.
The reason why I brought up the 4th bedroom, is that several houses that are for sale in his area, for similar prices, have 4 bedrooms. It has been my experience, that a 4 bedroom house will sell quicker than a 3 bedroom house, if everything else is the same. -


humfrz
humfrz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:26 PM   #56359
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 19,177
Thanks: 6,100
Thanked 15,609 Times in 7,064 Posts
Mentioned: 596 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
After driving Supra... I'm itching to FI my BRZ. BUT realistically speaking, it's not worth +$6k to gain only +-20hp/tq.
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:31 PM   #56360
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 62,711
Thanks: 55,546
Thanked 92,113 Times in 40,594 Posts
Mentioned: 2260 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
After driving Supra... I'm itching to FI my BRZ. BUT realistically speaking, it's not worth +$6k to gain only +-20hp/tq.
Oh it is easy to get 300 to 400Hp out of FI. I read that is the safest level for boost. Just need to slap a turbo on in a couple of hours and do quick home made tune and you will be ready to go.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #56361
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 26,987
Thanks: 23,023
Thanked 25,881 Times in 14,024 Posts
Mentioned: 620 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh it is easy to get 300 to 400Hp out of FI. I read that is the safest level for boost. Just need to slap a turbo on in a couple of hours and do quick home made tune and you will be ready to go.
Ya, @ichitaka05 , just drive up and visit ol Tcoat this weekend and he will fix you up -


humfrz
Attached Images
 
humfrz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (05-21-2019), soundman98 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #56362
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 19,177
Thanks: 6,100
Thanked 15,609 Times in 7,064 Posts
Mentioned: 596 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh it is easy to get 300 to 400Hp out of FI. I read that is the safest level for boost. Just need to slap a turbo on in a couple of hours and do quick home made tune and you will be ready to go.
Need to pass emission, so SC is the only way (except 1 TC), so if I go SC I'll go with Edelbrock. Edelbrock gain bout +-20hp/tq
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ichitaka05 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (05-22-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 11:26 PM   #56363
soundman98
threadwrecker
 
soundman98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: '14 brz limited
Location: chicagolandia
Posts: 5,285
Thanks: 13,769
Thanked 5,578 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
The reason why I brought up the 4th bedroom, is that several houses that are for sale in his area, for similar prices, have 4 bedrooms. It has been my experience, that a 4 bedroom house will sell quicker than a 3 bedroom house, if everything else is the same. -


humfrz
you're starting to sound like a realtor.

2 bedroom house, "well, ya know, 3 bedrooms sell faster"

3 bedrooms and a basement, "well ya know, houses with a basement sell better with a 2nd bathroom"

2 baths, 4 beds. "well ya know, 5 bedrooms, a pool, a horse stall, and moon mining rights sell better"


all i'm saying was not having whole house a/c and heat was an absolute deal breaker for me
__________________
my '14 brz limited "the return to normal" (or is it?)
led mods-10%(planning/designing/sitting on hands)audio mods-99%(done is never done)

hidplanet build log
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soundman98 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-22-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 11:56 PM   #56364
EAGLE5
Dismember
 
EAGLE5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Location: Castro Valley
Posts: 5,155
Thanks: 2,005
Thanked 3,589 Times in 1,972 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
We did an escape room a couple of times with our senior management group. It was a shit show. It was also when I learned that our HR manager at the time had problem solving skills someplace in the negative scale.
I did an escape room once. I didn't quite get the concept until I went through it. My cousin, who couldn't get through college and was working at Starbucks, absolutely dominated and got us through everything. I spent the majority of the time shooting the shit with my uncle. The cousin still largely lives off his parents and needs their help often.

Escape room performance is not related to a darned thing in real life.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, touch me, trackmyfarts, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge 37188 02-25-2016 11:00 AM
Found some rust on a part... what part is this, and is it a problem? flashburn Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing 3 05-02-2015 10:56 PM
Got hit (bumped)! Need part number for the black part of bumper. scottsampaio.com Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 27 04-25-2014 01:05 AM
Random Rubber Part OoLong BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 8 01-28-2014 11:31 AM
Crew Carshow : Part Deux 9/7/13 saiyajinimports Great Lakes 0 08-17-2013 06:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.